What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/6/21 7:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hey Mel My DH is having his trial on his nerve stimulator implant on the 15th. I will keep you updated on how it goes. Glad you have a better outlook today. We all are hoping all of your issues will be in the past soon. God Bless you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 1/6/21 9:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much! I see my neurosurgeon tomorrow and I'm hoping he does an X-ray or something. They talked about a stimulator for me too. My tail bone area just doesn't feel right. I hope they'll listen.

wishing your DH the best!

Teenie
on 1/6/21 1:17 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My tailbone never been right since the weight came off. Most often I sit with my legs crossed to relive any pressure or if I am in a recliner I lay on my hips. They told me nothing they can do just live with it after I did months of therapy and tons of money later. This is why they call them Doctors practices and not Doctors we know what the hell we are doing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 1/6/21 5:32 am

Good morning, happy Wednesday!

QOTD - Not my strong suit. I will be watching responses.

Breakfast -fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - soyrizo, kale over toast with avocado butter. It's easy and fast

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - apple with peanut butter

Dinner - baked potato, avo butter, vegan cheese. Salad. Italian cream cake for dessert! It's my mother in law and my step daughter's bday today! We are keeping half cake here, and delivering half cake to daughter and her family. I found a local baker who is fantastic, so we get cake, and we get to support local! I'll post a pic. She even did half cakes for us, so they are both completely frosted!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

NYMom222
on 1/6/21 6:05 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Julia. Take care of yourself. I find exercise helps burnout! Obviously taking some type of calculated break.... Netflix and chill?

yesterday was the first day I felt like my food wasn't all over the place. I packed my food too and brought it with me. Planning has always been the key. My big thing yesterday was water and veggies.

Food:

• veggie egg casserole
  • protein iced coffee
  • salad with chicken
  • chicken Marsala with cauliflower mash
  • S: rice cakes, frozen banana bites, protein

Ex: not sure

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 1/6/21 6:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

one of our cats died yesterday afternoon. It came out of left field. We decided to go out for a walk and put him in the guest room since one of our other cats sometimes picks on him. We got home about a half hour later - I went in the master bedroom to do some work on my laptop, and DH went out and salted the sidewalk. He came back in, grabbed his laptop, and went in the guest room (also to do some work), and got on the bed with the cat. Pamuk (cat) was in the same spot he always naps in, so DH thought nothing of it at first, but then when he realized that Pamuk never looked up, he checked and noticed something was wrong. He was either dead or was unconscious. He was still warm - so he'd either just died, or he was alive. So we took him to the vet's, and she pronounced him dead. He'd had a bout of pancreatitis a couple of weeks ago, but it was being controlled (prednisone, a pain med, and an anti-nausea med to give as needed). He was totally fine all day - walking around, behaving normally, eating. It was just...bizarre. The vet we saw wasn't our regular one - the regular one is going to do a necropsy today to see if she can figure out what happened. The vet we saw last night said it could have been related to the pancreatitis - but given the suddenness, it could have also been something like a heart attack or a blood clot. I guess we'll find out sometime today. He was 15-16 years old, so I'd been thinking for awhile that we might lose him sometime this year, but I wasn't expecting that AT ALL yesterday. With all of our other pets, we've witness a gradual decline and then eventually took them in to be euthanized. So this was odd. I'm OK - still kind of in shock. I'm sure it'll hit me like a ton of bricks sometime today or tomorrow...

accountability was good yesterday. I was planning to do a cardio video last night, but obviously that didn't happen. I'll do some cardio today - and probably strength-training, too.

QOTD: after burning out of two jobs early in my career, I was careful not to let that happen on my last two (I stayed at the penultimate job for eight years, and at my last one for 16 years). I did take time for myself when things got too stressful, even if it was just a 20 minute walk. And I also made lists and prioritized, like some of you others. There were always some things on the list that could wait a day or two...in fact, sometimes there were A LOT of things that could wait a day or two. Also, in my last year, when I was mentally ready to go (i.e, retire) but not in the burn-out stage, I'd sometimes take my laptop and get out of the office for a few hours, because some of my work (like buying books for the library) I could do from anywhere there was an internet connection. So I'd head over to a coffee shop or whatever for an hour or two - or for the afternoon. It seemed like a "vacation" even though I was working (although the pandemic would have really changed this - being at home is pretty different than being in an office! In fact, at one time working at home would have seemed like a vacation!)

TSS: 5y7m

B: plain Greek yogurt with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: black bean soup with small piece of cornbread

AS: not sure - I have protein muffins and pumpkin hummus in the fridge (I spread the latter on a graham cracker) - and also lots of raw veggies and light yogurt - so one or two of those

D: turkey chili with "power mix" salad (cabbage, broccoli, carrots, kale) with light dressing

have a good day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 1/6/21 6:19 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm so sorry about your kitty. Sending hugs.

KalesD
on 1/6/21 6:40 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Sending my love to you! Losing a pet is never easy ð?'?

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Sheila_H
on 1/6/21 7:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sorry about your cat!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 1/6/21 8:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry about your fur baby. I am hopeful he did not suffer. Just remember the great life you provided and how lucky he was to have you.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
Queen JB · 35 replies · 213 views
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics