What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Christina135
on 1/6/21 8:44 am

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. Truly.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/6/21 9:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm so sorry about Pamuk.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/6/21 6:45 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So so very sorry you lost your baby. Sending hugs your way.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 1/6/21 6:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. It's still cold and dark here in San Diego and I have a full day ahead. As my dad would say, I've done a good job of **** poor planning my day out and I have a big work load, back to back in office PT/Chiro appt's and then a telemed appt with my WLS surgeon. Oh yeah, I also had my calendar messed up and didn't get my blood work done. I scheduled that for next Tuesday and she'll just have to review after the fact and let me know if I need tweaking.

I did great on food yesterday, but no real exercise other than stretching and some squats. But I really hadn't planned on exercise. Today, my and my little fat boy are getting in a walk after work and before dinner.

QoTD: I have habitually worked 50-70 hours a week for years. I've taken work home and prioritized that over time with the family in the evenings and weekends. A few years ago, I started applying a little tough love to myself. I am not saving the world. No one will die if I don't attend to this today. If I really can't change the outcome right now, I don't really have to do it right now. So I stopped bringing work home. I still will come in to the office very early, sometimes as early as 4 am, but I will no longer work past 4 pm. 4 pm is quitting time, and then my focus is on family, food (in this case because I love to cook) reading and resting. AND-- almost as important, I got good at delegating. They don't always do it the way I do, but they get the job done eventually and once they master it, it's no longer in my queue of work. I'm just not that important in the big scheme of things.

Menu:

B: 2 oz ground turkey, 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: ground turkey stuffed bell pepper 1/2 with mozzarella cheese

D: pulled pork tacos on 2 3" corn tortilla's, 1/2 c refried beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato, drizzling of crema

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 1/6/21 7:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good morning JB and Menuers,

As I write good morning I realize that a few of you this is your afternoon by the time I post. I wish my later post was due to me hanging out in bed but I actually wake up and run shower and get to work before I post. Today I had to go do blood work for a Telephone Doctor appointment for next Tuesday that is scheduled for the exact same time I am supposed to be in court with Ford for my Lemon Law case. My hope is they make me an offer before I have to go to any court room and if I do have to do court I want it to be virtual I have no desire to go into a public building at this time.

Also I mentioned the flight I booked through Hopper for the OH convention Oct 2020 that I had to cancel. Well about a month back I called my Visa card issuer and it was insured because I used my card and I received a full refund.

The lady doing my blood draw is in the process of having the sleeve procedure done so needless to say a 5 minute appointment turned into a 30 min appointment. She asked me all the crazy questions I was asking pre surgery. When I answered No or not true to her questions she looked at me funny. I said I believed all of that pre surgery but now that I am rearranged I know the truth and all that stuff you think now will be silly in 1 year from now.

QOTD: I actually never dealt with burnout. I been here 24 years and my only complaint is my new office space, Shelia told me to put on my big girl pants and suck it up buttercup and It completely changed my perspective and I am happy to have a job at this point. My hope for you JB is that you are compensated enough that it is worth it.

Accountability. 2 lily's peanut butter cups

SS: 3 years 0 Months and 26 day 133 (Lowest 129.4)

MS: Premier Apple cinnamon oats Protein shake and berries

L: Left over hoppin Jonny's , celery sticks, home made blue cheese dressing, snake selects.

D: Mississippi pot roast, Lima beans

Exercise: 3 mile run (done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and my blood work has been great. My B12 has been High so I cut my sublingual to every 3rd or 4th day. And I have now added 500mg of Magnesium

Everybody have a Great Day .

Brightest Blessing

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 1/6/21 7:58 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL! Oh dear, I hope I wasn't that assertive!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 1/6/21 8:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Don't worry Shelia I am always melodramatic. I love the attention. LOL

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Erin T.
on 1/6/21 7:33 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I'm feeling giddy over GA election results this morning! Not much else to say today - found out one of my staff members is pregnant (yay for her!) and will be out the 2nd day of semester, so that's up to potentially 5 staff of 10 I'll have out that day. BOO.

QOTD: I pretty much always run on the 'edge' of burnout. My personality doesn't love extended down time. I work full time, have a family, and go to school 1/2-3/4 time. I do try really hard to shut off those things by about 8pm so that I can spend time alone in my bedroom. I am introvert that needs time alone to recharge.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x3
  • Eggs, Sweet Potato, Bacon, Sour Cream
  • TBD, it's Jon's night and he doesn't have an idea yet but I'm sure he'll find something!

'Workout' done for the day already: 16 minute warm up on the bike and then my PT sets - Short Arc Quads, Bridges, Calf Raises, Abduction Lift, Planks, Marchs, Calf Stretch, and Quad Stretch.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Sheila_H
on 1/6/21 7:45 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

I'm sure this is age related, but it's not fair (stomping foot)! As I said yesterday, I took a hiatus from being a compliant WLS patient for about three weeks. That also included no workout. Last time I ran it was 12/15. I was running about 4.5 miles three times a week and my speed was increasing to the point I had thought about increasing my mileage to 5 miles. Well, yesterday I barely finished 3 miles. It's not fair that every time I take a break, no matter how much in shape I am when the break starts, I need to re-start from scratch. It's almost like my legs are saying "wut? What are we supposed to do? We have never done this before!" OK, whine over. Pulling up my big girl panties and going back to what works; putting one foot in front of the other and adding .5 mile every time I feel like I'm not dying at the end of my run.

QOTD: wow, JB, seems like next couple of months are gonna be tough. The first thing that came to my mind was why do you pack your meals? Can't you lean on Grim to help you? That man is a master of sourdough bread making and all kinds of yummy stuff. Can't he bring in your lunches while you are working? I've never been in a situation where I'm "on" for few months, but for my big events where I put out fires 24/7 for the whole week, a walk around the block (or on your treadmill) would help me calm down and put everything in perspective. Especially with your treadmill that you can program it to walk in different places. At the time even 5 minutes around the hotel between meetings helped me out. Good luck, we are all rooting for you.

Accountability: spot on. The sweet cravings weren't as bad. Maybe because I was sore from my miserable jog and I couldn't get off the chair!

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: chicken skewers
  • S: hb eggs
  • D: taco Tuesday, no shell for me
  • E: 3 miles jog

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 1/6/21 8:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Shelia you'll be back on track in no time. I am just glad you enjoyed the Holiday with your family.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics