Revision

lucylou
on 1/6/21 7:17 am - Canada

I had surgery in 2008 and lost over 100 got pregnant and after I had my son my surgery seemed to no longer work. The doctor said nothing is wrong yet I don't feel at all like I even had the surgery. Is it possible for a revision

momyshaver
on 1/6/21 8:04 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Have you had a swallow study done to see what your pouch looks like? My second suggestion would be to keep a very detailed food journal and write down everything you eat for a solid week. Measure portions, track calories, get your water in, etc. and see what that shows and then go from there.

hollykim
on 1/6/21 7:20 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 6, 2021 at 3:17 PM Pacific Time, lucylou wrote:

I had surgery in 2008 and lost over 100 got pregnant and after I had my son my surgery seemed to no longer work. The doctor said nothing is wrong yet I don't feel at all like I even had the surgery. Is it possible for a revision

looks like you've been posting about a revision for about 9 years now...

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/7/21 10:09 am

You still have the tool. You just need to re-learn how to eat, and what to eat.

IMPO: the only revision that has helped people who had RNY and regained is DS. But just surgery is not going to fix the issues unless you follow the long term eating plan for people who want to lose and maintain the weight.

It is difficult to stay on the plan. I felt of the wagon when the pandemic started. I was too thin, and normally my doc didn't say anything, but because of covid, I was told to gain 10-15 lbs. I am overachiever, so not only I gained 15 lbs but an additional 20. a you can probably guess, I started eating anything and everything, including lots of fruits, and ice cream. Bead, bagels, etc. etc.

Since Christmas I have been working on cleaning my diet and my pantry. It is a slow process, but I am getting closer every day to do IF keto. (intermittent fasting with keto-paleo).

I know that type of "diet" worked well for me in the past. I already do 14 hr IF(intermittent fasting), and I am slowly changing what I eat. as how much - my body dictates that as long as I eat the correct foods (no or low carbs), and take time chewing.

Join the Eating daily post. Start slow. Change one thing a day or a week.

2 of my goals are: drinking more liquids and making sure I take my supplements dally. This is going good.

Now I am working on eliminating sugars, bread and grains. I am doing much better, but it is still a work in progress.

You have the tool, start using it the way it was intended.

Hugs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What?s on your Wednesday Menu?
KalesD · 49 replies · 482 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
supershopper · 33 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday menu?
supershopper · 18 replies · 288 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 14 replies · 251 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 8 replies · 117 views
How many carbs a day?