Revision

lucylou
on 1/6/21 7:17 am - Canada

I had surgery in 2008 and lost over 100 got pregnant and after I had my son my surgery seemed to no longer work. The doctor said nothing is wrong yet I don't feel at all like I even had the surgery. Is it possible for a revision

momyshaver
on 1/6/21 8:04 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Have you had a swallow study done to see what your pouch looks like? My second suggestion would be to keep a very detailed food journal and write down everything you eat for a solid week. Measure portions, track calories, get your water in, etc. and see what that shows and then go from there.

hollykim
on 1/6/21 7:20 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 6, 2021 at 3:17 PM Pacific Time, lucylou wrote:

I had surgery in 2008 and lost over 100 got pregnant and after I had my son my surgery seemed to no longer work. The doctor said nothing is wrong yet I don't feel at all like I even had the surgery. Is it possible for a revision

looks like you've been posting about a revision for about 9 years now...

lucylou
on 1/21/21 9:18 pm - Canada

Yes after I had my baby. Do you find something wrong with that. I went to my doctor and the said a revision was out and that was about nine years ago and in going. I'm looking for advise and if it worth try. I want these 60-80 pounds gone. I would love the first four weeks to happen again

diamondsparkle08
on 1/23/21 6:10 pm - Charlotte, NC

Hi Lucy is it possible maybe that your pouched has stretched back out. Are you still dumping or taking vitamins and avoiding sugar? Congratulations on your baby :)

if you want to know the truth I'm in LOVE with MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/7/21 10:09 am

You still have the tool. You just need to re-learn how to eat, and what to eat.

IMPO: the only revision that has helped people who had RNY and regained is DS. But just surgery is not going to fix the issues unless you follow the long term eating plan for people who want to lose and maintain the weight.

It is difficult to stay on the plan. I felt of the wagon when the pandemic started. I was too thin, and normally my doc didn't say anything, but because of covid, I was told to gain 10-15 lbs. I am overachiever, so not only I gained 15 lbs but an additional 20. a you can probably guess, I started eating anything and everything, including lots of fruits, and ice cream. Bead, bagels, etc. etc.

Since Christmas I have been working on cleaning my diet and my pantry. It is a slow process, but I am getting closer every day to do IF keto. (intermittent fasting with keto-paleo).

I know that type of "diet" worked well for me in the past. I already do 14 hr IF(intermittent fasting), and I am slowly changing what I eat. as how much - my body dictates that as long as I eat the correct foods (no or low carbs), and take time chewing.

Join the Eating daily post. Start slow. Change one thing a day or a week.

2 of my goals are: drinking more liquids and making sure I take my supplements dally. This is going good.

Now I am working on eliminating sugars, bread and grains. I am doing much better, but it is still a work in progress.

You have the tool, start using it the way it was intended.

Hugs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lucylou
on 1/21/21 9:24 pm - Canada

Even after being away from it for so long. I want to start back at stage one of eating broth for three weeks, purée. Will help it shrink down and restart the RNY process again?

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/22/21 10:18 am

I don't think you need to start from the beginning. But if can if you want. But it may be a few really bad, hungry days for you. Plus at the beginning, some items had sugars (i.e. yogurt) and tat, IMO, can trigger cravings, or prevent cravings to go away.

So some of us that try a reset- we follow low to no carbs diet for a few days. Some do only meat no other foods for a few days to week. Smaller portion, eat slowly. If you can accomplish that, you may find out that you may regain some more feeling in the pouch. Feeling of full.

I personally need to add good quality fat to my diet, including things like fatter cuts of meat, bacon (though I like it crispy) avocado, and eggs. I am already doing that myself. But I was eating a lot of carbs for a few months so I started by limiting some of them (breads, cookies, fruits, etc). while sill allowing some others (i.e. lower carbs vegetables, nut milk, nuts, etc). Next week would be a full reset for me.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 1/22/21 7:11 pm - Warren, OH

The lining of your intestines has finger-like appendages called cilla and microvilla. The purpose of these projections is to grab food as it passes through the intestines and hold it until the calories can be absorbed.

After RNY many of those cells are destroyed. So food can pass right through and most of it does not get absorbed. That results an average weight loss of about 100 pounds in one year. But the body is very smart. It knows that there was food there and it did not get to absorb it. To the body, it has been cheated and starved.

So the body works hard to fix the problem. It grows more and stronger cells that will help it to absorb more calories than before the surgery. Sometime in the third year after RNY, the body is now a super absorber. After the malabsorption is gone, the only way to maintain the weight loss is to eat much fewer calories and to burn more of them.

Revision surgery gives you a smaller pouch, but usually does nothing to the intestines. So the end result is that you eat less and usually lose about fifteen or twenty pounds. But it is not permanent weight loss and it comes back fairly quickly.

There are some revision surgeries that also involve changing the intestines. Those result in more weight loss, usually with elimination issues like chronic diarrhea. Almost everyone gains about 20 pounds during year three. By year five, about half of people have regained 50 pounds. By year 10, regain is higher.

The way to lose weight now is by cutting calories. Multiply your goal by 10. That is the amount that you can eat to maintain. To lose one pound a week, cut that by 500 calories a day. In a year, you will drop 52 pounds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views