What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/10/21 5:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning all. I'm coming off a hard night with little quality sleep. Going to be a long day...

No big plans. We got about 3 inches of snow overnight. We needed the moisture badly. So I'll likely finish an order and get it ready to be mailed. I got the jump rings later than I thought I would. The holidays slowed it down immensely.

qotd: If your pet could talk, what's one thing they could say that would completely ruin your image?

that I yell a lot. But only at them. LOL

b: egg beaters and chicken breakfast sausage...coffee

l: split pea soup

d: I'm thinking of a protein shake with strawberries

s: coconut yogurt and a kiwi, 1 tbs peanut butter

MadisonRose
on 1/10/21 6:14 am, edited 1/9/21 10:14 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Accountability was really good yesterday! I even managed to stay below 800 calories. I think mostly because I stayed so busy and barely had time to eat. I?m also down another couple pounds. Yay! 3 more pounds of regain to lose. No plans for today other than laundry and cleaning. Got my grocery shopping for the week done yesterday.

QOTD: Probably that I like to sing out loud, but can?t carry a tune to save my life! Haha

B: coffee w/Splenda x 2

B2: Fit Frappe

L: protein shake or 2 oz chicken breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: maybe leftover quiche

S: L&F Greek yogurt & fruit

Picture is of my new haircut and highlights....I?m still trying to get used to it. Didn?t really want it that short, but there were just so many dead ends.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

KalesD
on 1/10/21 6:23 am
RNY on 09/30/20

I don't know what it looked like before - but I like the way it looks now! Best part of hair - it always grows back!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 1/10/21 6:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think it looks great that length - it frames your face really nicely!

Melody P.
on 1/10/21 6:53 am - Amarillo, TX

I think it looks amazing! New things take a while to get used to :)

White Dove
on 1/10/21 9:38 am, edited 1/10/21 1:49 am - Warren, OH

I was a hairstylist years ago. As hair grows the ends get pointy. Like sharpening a pencil. The you cut it with scissors and it makes the ends solid like a new pencil that has not been sharpened. That is why the hair looks so much better after a scissors trim.

Back in the 70's, we teased hair, so wanted those pointed ends and used a razor to shave them down and make them even lighter on the ends. Then the hair would be light in the ends and stay in place when teased into a bouffant style.

There was a period where I would singe really long hair. That involved twisting a tiny strand of hair and then ruffling it so that all the split ends stuck out. Then we would run a special lit singeing candle and burn off all those split ends. It smelled awful, but left long hair with all its length and unbelievably shiny with no split ends at all.

Most people only travel a mile or so from home to get their hair styled. I had customers drive 50 or more miles because of how I made long hair look.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

KalesD
on 1/10/21 6:23 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I have no real plans either - laundry and cleaning as well.. and maybe take the pup for a long walk as the weather is really mild!

QOTD: Abby would probably tell the world how much I actually talk.. I talk to her all the time.

B: 42g hashbrowns, 60g egg whites, 15g light cheddar

S: fairlife latte

L: turkey sausage

S: 125g skyr yogurt, 15g PB, 50g berries, 5g bran buds (need more fibre apparently..)

D: 1.5oz chicken breast, 1/2c cauliflower rice

S: don't think I'll need one today.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 1/10/21 6:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Yesterday was busier than expected, so I wouldn't mind a quiet day today. I have no plans, but DH wants to try cleaning the shower floor with the power scrubber that arrived yesterday (I ordered it from amazon - I wasn't looking forward to the annual grout cleaning, so I thought this might make it less dreadful..). Plus this is going to be a busy week (for a retiree, that is) - stuff is starting to pick back up again after the three-ish week holiday lull..

QOTD: singing for sure!

TSS: 5y7m

B: Greek yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: Fit Frappe

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry sauce (??)

AS: protein pumpkin muffin, L&F yogurt

D: Costco chicken skewer, small sweet potato, 1/2 C "power" salad with 2 T light dressing

ex: something - either cardio (Zumba or kickboxing) or strength-training

have a great day, everyone!

White Dove
on 1/10/21 9:04 am - Warren, OH

I did the grout cleaning in the bathrooms a few weeks ago using a grout cleaner and brush I got at Lowes. It is clean, but I would like to know how it comes out with the power scrubber and whether it involves fumes like most good grout cleaners. Which one did you buy?

The way I am doing it involves a lot of elbow grease and nasty smelling stuff.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/10/21 9:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

We've still got a jug of grout cleaner that we've used before, which unfortunately smells, so we'll have to put up with the fumes again, but hopefully with his power scrubber the job will go much more quickly, which'll mean less exposure to the fumes and less elbow grease, if all goes as planned.

this is the scrubber I got, which is of course $9 cheaper than what I paid for it last week. Figures.. Before buying it I googled "best power scrubbers" and got several places lists. This scrubber appeared on almost all of them - on some as #1, on others maybe not in the #1 spot, but on the list nonetheless.

I tried to make a "tiny url" of this, but it didn't work - so sorry about this long url!

https://www.amazon.com/Homitt-Electric-Scrubber-Replaceable-Extension/dp/B07516SJ6Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=21YEQNI7ZA3JU&dchild=1&keywords=homitt+electric+spin+scrubber+cordless+shower+scrubber&qid=1610298502&sprefix=homitt%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A1ZK54J6PU9G14&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFaRE04OFVNODFZT0wmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5ODM0NDlDNjkwQzQ2S1VBN04mZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDkyMjgyODJJMzFEWTI5QTBKTFcmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics