What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/12/21 7:33 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Will do thank you. I have it in my fridge just very rarely reach for it. I am that odd bird that just like plain water.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 1/12/21 11:11 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I used to love water. That might be the thing I dislike most about this process. I don't love a nice cold glass of water anymore.

Melody P.
on 1/12/21 7:26 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm having a hard time with leg cramps too. I know bananas help sometimes BUT they are sooo carb loaded. Will try the Gatorade!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/12/21 10:05 am

Avocado has more potassium and it's supper low in carbs.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Teenie
on 1/12/21 7:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh Oh Oh I forgot to tell you guys. I did except and offer on the Lemon Law suit I had against Ford yesterday. I don't know if I did good or bad because I do not know anyone who has had a lemon law suit before. I really just wanted it over and since the car is fixed (kinda it still feels wonkey to me) and I have tons of extended warranties on it I am keeping it till the warranties wear out.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/21 7:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had a grazing "incident" around 9:30 last night. I hate when I do that after a good day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/12/21 9:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have you tried potassium? I've heard that can be one of the issues for leg cramps.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/12/21 10:27 am

It may be sodium, potassium and magnesium you are missing, not in the blood, but in tissue. The body pulls minerals out of tissues and bones to normalize the blood.

I use ElectroMix (by Alacer- same company that makes Emergen-C packets). Plus I take over 1000 mg of magnesium, and I add sodium (in food, or as an supplement) if I don't get enough salty foods day after day. Your first meal:" MS has no sodium, or very minimum. I can safely assume that the portions of the 2 other meals are not very high in salt that can provide you with over 2500 mg of sodium we need. We need sodium or carbs to keep water in our system -in muscles. When we eat low carbs, we often need more minerals, electrolytes including salt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+much+sodium+is+needed+on +low+carb+diet&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS880US880&oq=how+much+sodium+i s+needed+on+low+carb+diet&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i22i29i30.1111 2j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This is not scientific searches abut just typing "how much salt we need on low carb diet" popped more than a dozen articles.

General consensus is 3,000-5,000 mg per day., depending on your size and how much you exercise, move around.

I am now switching from a regular diet to low carb diet. (I do it in phases) Pus I deal with IBS so I need to make sure I drink a lot of water, and help my body "go" (magnesium, Miralax). But that can also cause water loss, and tha****er would be with minerals, and when I drink - it is coffee, or tea or plain water - so no sodium or minerals.

I made some salt capsules and i take that when I travel. But at home I started using Sole water. It is water that is saturated with salt, some natural salts, like Celtic, French, Himalayan, etc. Salt that has not been cleaned, and still have some trace minerals. I also take Elctro-mix (when I remember), or other mineral mixes. I like using unsweet packets or minerals, because I can add that to anything. I can dissolve a packet like that in 8 oz and just drink that. When I forget to take it regularly, and I can feel my muscles cramping, 2 packets of Electro-mix, dissolved in 6-8 oz of warm water, I drink it fast, followed with plain water and the spasms is gone, gone for good. When I would take 1 packet. sometimes the spasm may come back up a couple of hours later

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lisa91941
on 1/12/21 7:03 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Looking forward to a busy day catching up on my desk and the day flying by. Our weather here has been wonderful, and it was nice to be out in it yesterday. I did get several of my chores done, but no nap and no time to read. Adjusting to a 4 day work week is going to take some time and balance I think.

QoTD: my daily driver for years on my 70 mile round trip commute was a Ford F-250 crew cab long bed diesel truck. Navy blue, tan interior. Man, I loved that truck. I only traded it in because we moved to an older community (the area, not the people!) and it was almost impossible to park at the grocery store and things like that. All the spaces were too small! And i traded that one in on a grey Pilot. LOL. I've also driven a 12 passenger van and a cargo van. Like Liz, I'm 5'3", so sometimes seeing out the windows is a challenge. I currently drive a Buick Enclave, because when we bought it, I realized I still needed a "Mom" car (or Grandma) to accommodate car seats when the family flew into town. I'm definitely getting a ME car next time, but I hope that's not for another 5-7 years.

Accountability: I definitely snacked this weekend. I am experiencing almost daily hunger for pretty much the first time since surgery. I added beef jerky, 2 Sonoma cheddar crisps and a Hershey's mini bar yesterday through out the day. Today I am going to try to be snack free, and concentrate on fluid (tea/coffee) when those hunger pang**** Meal wise, I did good and stayed on track.

Menu

B: 1 HB egg, 1/4 cottage cheese

L: leftovers all week. today, artichoke stuffed chicken breast and a couple bites of roasted potato

D: roasted chicken, butternut squash with a bit of Swerve brown sugar and butter

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/21 7:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are braver than I in those big vehicles!

At 15 months out of surgery it isn't surprising that the hunger is kicking in more. The challenge from now on is figuring out a routine which will work best for you for maintenance.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
Queen JB · 33 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics