What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 1/12/21 10:58 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I'm going to need to pay attention that I have acceptable snack foods to choose from. And pray that this weekend is not going to be the norm. I know you all talk about "little" pouch days and "big" pouch days. I'm hoping that is what was going on. So far today, I seem to be more on track and less concentrated on food!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/12/21 10:37 am

Watch for jerky. Some have a of sugar added and that makes me hungry. getting jerky with no sugar, r no more than 2 gr of sugar per serving works for me better to limit "hunger". Its a slippery slope with sugars. I used to dump on 8-10 gr of sugar.
Now - 20, gr as log as it is not liquid sugar. is nothing for my body. I played the field and I had a bite here and bite there, slowly increasing how much sugar my body tolerated. That s good because I can enjoy some desserts, and bad, because I no longer have a deterrent not to eat sweets.

IMO, mow you are in critical time frame to implement changes what you eat when your think you are hungry.

As I told my therapist when she asked me if I know he difference between cravings and hunger: When I'm hungry I would eat almost any food. Cravings are when I want a specific type of carby food, and "a piece of chicken" would cut it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lisa91941
on 1/12/21 10:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Thanks so much. Yes, I only eat Jack Link or Tillamook zero sugar jerky. And yes, I'd say I fit your definition of hungry. I wasn't craving anything specific, and I tried water/tea/coffee before caving each time.

It's very unusual for me to eat off plan. The beauty in that is there are very few options in our house for me to get in trouble with. But you are right, I need to really work hard on having a plan in place if this hunger thing is going to continue. I'm praying it's just a blip, and I'll go back to my mostly satisfied self with my regular food program. But I also understand that my body is figuring out what I've done to it and will begin to fight back.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/12/21 11:55 am

Sometimes we need more food and calories. I have days I barely can eat, followed by days I want to eat all the time.

And when I'm at goal, or below goal, I eat more, I try to eat intuitively, until I see to much weight gain.

Maintaining is very very difficult. I know what to do to lose, and how to gain.

But maintenance is trying to estimate how much I need to eat for the scale not to move. even eating the same things day after day doesn't guarantee that, because one day I move more, or less, or the food I can digest and absorb better one day, than the next.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 1/12/21 7:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

Today is a new day! I'm ready to get back into it. Enough of the self pity me thinks.

I had a rough night pain wise. My bed is a conundrum for me. It's a balancing act. My mattress is super thick and very firm....which usually is what works for me. Now my back is being eh. I have a pad on it and I think I need another pad on there. I'll try that tonight. Ugh. I've still not heard more about the stimulator. I need to just breathe and calm down. Easier said than done! LOL

My weight is up but my pants are looser so weird.

my Opal had to be in my selfie yesterday...she was having a internal crisis! LOL

Qotd: when I was 14 my grandpa let me drive a very short distance in his F-250...mind you very short LOL my first car was a Fairmont...kind of a boat.

b: GF toast with plant butter and blueberry preserves....coffee

l: curried chicken salad

d: canary beans, ham

s: popcorn, cashews....might have a cherry limeade (homemade) but if not maybe a second cup of coffee. May throw a kiwi in there.

Melody P.
on 1/12/21 7:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Another of Opal...pretty eye challenge thing on FB material!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/21 7:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Those eyes are amazing!!!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

wrkinprogress
on 1/12/21 7:37 am

Just adding my answer for QOTD

I drove a school bus from field to field when I was a supervisor back in corn detasseling days. I've also driven a motor home since my grandparents owned one when I was in my 20's.

FYI:

Detasseling corn is removing the immature pollen-producing bodies, the tassel, from the tops of corn (maize) plants and placing them on the ground. It is a form of pollination control, employed to cross-breed, or hybridize, two varieties of corn.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/12/21 9:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Liz, when I heard that some counties there were first come, first served and elderly people were sleeping in their cars to get in line, I thought they couldn't do it any worse....and then I heard some counties moved to eventbright for sign up, and I realized it could be worse. Eventbright works ok for events but has challenges even for the tech savvy. I've joined the "have the Girl Scout mom's handle distribution" at this point!

Busy day, I've been on calls since 5:15 and it's going to be a long long day. I do have a pilates 1 class and a pilates jump class tonight and I'm looking forward to both.

QOTD - probably a Buick sedan, I'm not much for big vehicles.

Not sure on the menu today, I'm just about to have breakfast so will go from there.

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/12/21 10:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yep, the Eventbrite "solution" is ridiculous. Back to wondering why some smart people didn't collaborate ahead of time... To be honest I assumed they were.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 206 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 397 views
Recent Topics