What's on your (Monday) Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 1/18/21 3:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Monday! Sadly, I have never been as happy eating a salad as these ladies. Maybe if it was whispering jokes to me, but honestly, I think if my food started talking to me, I'd be a lot more terrified!

Weekend was good; was very happy with my Dexa scan on Saturday, in two years my bone density has increased by almost 1%! All the weight bearing exercise is a good thing!

QOTD - What are you looking forward to this week? I have to lead 4 2 hour "vision" sessions and I"m looking forward to them being done.

Menu today is

Coffee + half and half X3

Cottage Cheese + cashews

Korean Fire chicken breast tenders (chicken breast marinated in gojuchang, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil and then broiled in the sauce from the Cookish cookbook)

Jalapeno Cheddar Buffalo sausage

L&F greet or built bar

Rest day so no exercise but I get my hair cut and colored after work so yay!

Have a great start to the week!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

KalesD
on 1/18/21 3:29 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

the worst start to the week: my brand new coffee machine stopped working. For a 200$ machine, I had higher expectations. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service trying to get it to work last night - then she tells me it just probably has to cool down.. excuse me? It didn't even make a cup of coffee.. it was off for over 8 hours! .. i then tried to get my coffee order cancelled and got the run around from another CSR.. and when I asked for a supervisor she said 'their shift ends in 15 minutes, they won't answer' .. what kind of customer service is that.. really disappointed.

QOTD: looking forward to my coffee Machine being replaced..

b: egg bites

S: tea latte

l: shredded chicken topped with mushrooms and onions

S: Greek yogurt, pb and berries

d: Italian style turkey meatballs

S: unknown

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 1/18/21 5:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

No broken coffee makers!! I hope you're able to get a replacement soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 1/18/21 7:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Shame on that Company do that not KNOW that Coffee is the most important meal of the day!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/18/21 9:13 am

Not sure how old are you, but years of experience taught me to be able to make coffee 5 different way when I am at home. And to have a spare coffee maker. W use Keurig now, but I drink cold brewed coffee now. I mostly make it myself, but I also buy some, to have "just in case" and of course I have loose coffee for my expresso machine and many pods for Keurig.

Let's not forget the organic instant coffee I use to make white chocolate mocha for for my guy (only once in while)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

KalesD
on 1/18/21 9:29 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Lol, I'm 29. But in the name of not having a million kitchen appliances I had to give up a coffee maker to buy a coffee maker. I could go back to French press but I really don't have the time most mornings.. hoping they can fix it ASAP!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/18/21 9:44 am

Yea, I don't like to start my day with out coffee. Unfortunately my guts don't like regular black coffee, too much acids and irritants. I don't tolerate milk, cream or even nut milks (unless I make them myself) So for me, it's black coffee, one large cup. then tea for the rest of the day or broth. But I have t have that one cup.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Partlypollyanna
on 1/18/21 1:40 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh no!! Hope they get you sorted out. Coffee challenges are no fun!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

MadisonRose
on 1/18/21 3:56 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! I got very little sleep last night so I'm extra sleepy this morning. I needed just one more day off. Ready to get this work day over with. Accountability was decent yesterday. Spent most of the day just snacking here and there instead of complete meals. That's what happens when I don't have a plan. Today should be much better!

QOTD: I'm looking forward to getting my new phone case delivered today. I'm so scared I'm gonna drop my new phone because I'm such a klutz! Would have purchased one the day I got the phone, but wanted to get it much cheaper through Amazon.

B: coffee w/Splenda x ?

B2: Fit frappe & oatmeal w/banana

L: 2 oz chicken breast & a laughing cow cheese wedge

D: 4 oz ground turkey and salsa (just kinda threw something together, but it turned out pretty yummy)

S: mango slices or L&F Greek yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/18/21 4:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I always do the same too. I hate overspending!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 490 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 346 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics