What's on your Wednesday menu? 01/20/2021

Christina135
on 1/20/21 5:18 am, edited 1/20/21 5:19 am

Good morning!

Yesterday was kind of a blur, but glad it's done!

QOTD - What was your favorite physical activity as a kid, that you tried as an adult? Were you able to do it? For me it was roller skating. I was SO good at it as a kid. Front, back, etc. I did it a couple of years ago, and was surprised at how much stamina and skill it took just to stay UP on the damn skates! I want to go back, as soon as it's safe to do so.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - tofu/kale/soyrizo scramble with vegan cheese tacos

Snack - apple with peanut butter

Snack - fruit smoothie

Dinner - whatever hubs picks up!

Have a wonderful day y'all!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

White Dove
on 1/20/21 5:54 am - Warren, OH

For me it was swimming and bike riding. I never stopped going to the pool. In fact this is the first winter that I was not at the pool three or four days a week. I can still ride a bike, but terrified of taking a fall, so much safer on an exercise bike. My swimming though the years has ended up being water aerobics instead of laps.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 1/20/21 6:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! First: I am definitely Acts of service Love language, my husband is a Quality time Love language. LOL.

I've got my sneaks on for Kamala, and my pearls on in honor of RBG. It's Inauguration Day and I feel hopeful.

I was way under on calories yesterday, ended up at 647. I planned out better today to push myself closer to 1000. I even gained a half pound yesterday. My body really hates me when I go too low. Good thing I get 1000 today because you can bet your sweet life that I am celebrating with a nice glass of red wine tonight. (I know, I'm sorry. I've got a theme going today).

QoTD: I used to roller skate too and just loved it. Friday and Saturday's at the rink. I've tried once since then and totally sucked at it. But I have been absolutely loving riding my bike. Just the breeze on my face and the steadiness of pedaling has been very calming and restorative to me.

Menu:

B: 2.5 oz ground chicken "meatloaf", 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: 3 oz turkey breast. 1 oz parm crostini

D: 3 oz beef meatloaf, 1-2 oz roasted potato, bbq salad kit

S: 1/2 C Catalina Crunch chocolate and peanut butter cereal

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 1/20/21 6:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Quick post as I'm trying to watch a little of the news coverage before I head to work where it's busy check day so I won't have time to see anything until I get home tonight.

QOTD: roller skating! My sister and I did it competitively for a few years when we were in elementary school.

TSS: 6 years, 5 months

B: Sf latte, eggbeaters, turkey sausage and apple slices

L: 1/2 ham sandwich with Chompie's bread, salad, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, boiled eggs, yogurt, and a plum

D: Other 1/2 sandwich, cauliflower with sauce, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: rest day (at this point, I may wait until I meet with the dr Monday since things really aren't getting better and doing the elliptical causes pain too).

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1336 Protein:117 Carbs:118 Fat:45

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

supershopper
on 1/20/21 6:33 am

thanks for starting out- I had calls this AM.

QOTD: im going to say shopping... its a physical activity. lol

I prepped some food yesterday so will be on the meal plan today

b: plant meatball/ egg whites/ protein ball

coffee/ water

b2: 1/2 shake?/ water

l: stir fry with egg whites/ has tofu, soybeans, etc

d: probably sliced turkey/stir fry

s: unsure maybe a smartcake /yogur****er

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Maddymoe2
on 1/20/21 6:45 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning, everyone. I am sitting here drinking my hot tea and having my quiet time. I am feeling emotional this morning and full of hope. Things are going to get better. Praying that our country can heal and come together. Also, praying for no violence today.

QOTD- Cartswheels and summersaults. I remember spending many days in the yard tumbling around in the grass as a youngster. I tried to do a cartwheel last summer. It was awkward, but we had a good laugh.

Food for today. My menu is boring, but it keeps me on track and my pouch happy. It's cold and frosty here this morning. I am hoping for a walk today. If it doesn't warm up, I'll do the elliptical and stretches.

2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese

1 can albacore tuna with siracha

Shredded chicken taco salad, salsa

Yesterday was a great day and on track. I feel less bloated each day and my jeans are fitting better. Have a great day everyone.

Teenie
on 1/20/21 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Christina and Menuers,

I am running a little late I was kind of glued to the TV watching Donald Trumps exciting speech. No big surprise it was what I expected. I love the meme today. It has me thinking I want to make Fish tacos this weekend so we shall see. Dentist appointment went well. They actually called me in early so that was a nice surprise. This is only my second time to this dentist and it seems to be working out. I am one who is very committed once I find someone I like. Been with the same hairdresser for at least 24 years.

QOTD: I would say bike riding. I was able to do it but have not tried in a couple years. DH has not been able to do physical activities for the last 4 years. However here is the update. Said he has not been this pain free in 4 years. He is getting up and down much easier and he is walking taller. He goes back to pain management Friday and then I guess we wait till he can get it implanted. I am hoping for a big change in his physical activity. Fingers crossed.

Accountability: I had some jerky, prunes, and almonds.

TSS: 3 years 1 Months and 9days 133 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with sugar free ID caramel Macchiato

MS: Premier Caramel Protein shake and berries

CB: Coffee with sugar free ID caramel Macchiato

L: , pizza wonton cups,snack selects.

D: French Onion meatloaf, Roasted Cauliflower

Exercise: 50 minute tread mill(done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium.

Everybody have a Great day.

Brightest Blessing

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/20/21 12:28 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So happy your DH is getting some relief.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/20/21 7:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning!

Just got home from my MRI where I was forced to watch tRumps farewell speech. You could say my blood was boiling. Whatever delusional fool.... BYE FELICIA!

I'm really in a lot of pain now and my eyes are still really bothering me. I'm going in at 5 to get a shot in the right eye and in the morning my left eye will get it. Next week there will be laser treatments. I about crapped my pants yesterday...got a letter from the Texas department of health and human services...I thought the other shoe was gonna drop but it was just tax documents if I needed them. So relieved...it got my heart rate up though.

qotd: um...Not sure. I used to be braver about things. I would say swimming...I'd like to do so much more of that when COVID is better.

b: gf toast, plant based butter, reduced sugar jam and coffee

l: not sure

d: country style pork ribs in the instant pot. I am excited for these! Also maybe cabbage

s: popcorn, not sure what else

have a good day everyone!

catwoman7
on 1/20/21 9:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

G'afternoon, all!

I'm late today since I wanted to see Trump leave the White House for the last time and watch his plane take off, taking him to FL and hopefully, out of our lives. I also watched his speech, for one of the first times, since ordinarily I cannot stand seeing his face or hearing his voice. But knowing it was his farewell speech made it tolerable today. However, I almost laughed when I heard him say "your taxes will go up - I warned you". Unbelievable. With all the crises that are going on right now - raging pandemic, 400,000 Americans dead, people who've lost their jobs, people in enormous debt due to medical crises, families that can't afford to buy food - he thinks all we're worried about is our taxes going up? I give up....(plus, I'm not convinced that their taxes will go up in the first place...).

anyway, after cheering his plane taking off, I went down to the basement and exercised, and then I watched the inauguration. So different from the 2016 inauguration, when Trump told us how horrible everything was. The country was going to hell in a handbasket, he said (well, he sure left it that way...)

QOTD: biking, swimming, and skating (both roller and ice). I still bike and still love it. I still like swimming, too, and have done it off and on in my adult life, but not in the last five years or so. I know I sound like a weenie, but the chlorine is hell on my hair color. So I switched to water aerobics, which is more fun than doing laps anyway. But I haven't done water aerobics since COVID hit. I don't skate at all anymore - either kind. I have a weak left hip, so I'm afraid I'd fall -- and I have osteoporosis, so I'm afraid if I DID fall, I'd break a bone. No thanks.

TSS: 5y7m

B: plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: eggnog-flavored protein shake

L: probably cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry sauce

AS: L&F yogurt, maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: 1-2 Costco chicken skewers with either 1/2 C of kidney bean stew or a small sweet potato

ex: I did a cardio dance Zoom class this morning. May do another this afternoon. I need to get a couple of pounds off - UGH!

have a great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?