What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/23/21 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hope your weekend is starting off well.

My right eye seems a little better as I can actually see some things rather than globs. Not much planned for today. I need to pick up a prescription but other than that...not much. I'm hoping my eye stays better and keeps getting better.

qotd: what is one thing you've taken for granted that you regret doing the most?

mine is definitely the type two diabetes. I never thought I'd have the complications that I do. All I can do now is try and take the best care of it.

b: oatmeal, PB2 powder and coffee

l: cauliflower soup from last night with some turkey sausage and some vegan cheese

d: I will either make split pea soup or pinto beans

s: popcorn, fruit and maybe a chai tea

Mel

MadisonRose
on 1/23/21 5:24 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Apparently I'm coming down with something. I've had a horrible sore throat, low grade fever, nauseous and no appetite since yesterday. Took two Benadryl last night hoping to knock myself out so I could sleep. No such luck. Kept waking up off and on from the pain and have been up since around 4 this morning. Not exactly how I wanted to start off my weekend since I have so much I need to get done. Was planning on thoroughly cleaning my house, laundry, running some errands and I need to go to the grocery store. I just don't feel like doing any of it. Like I don't even have the energy. Just feel lousy. Blah. It's been so long since I've been sick too....like I think since before surgery. Probably will be drinking coffee and hot tea all day. It's the only thing that feels good on my throat. Every time I swallow it feels like I'm swallowing a bunch of hot rocks! Need to get me some meds too. Ugh

QOTD: probably staying well for so long since now I'm feeling sick. Think I had forgotten how bad it feels to be sick and I just took staying well and feeling healthy and good for granted. Never again!

B: coffee w/Splenda x ? & hot tea w/honey

B2: maybe Fit frappe & some oatmeal if I actually have an appetite

L: protein shake or scrambled eggs w/cottage cheese possibly?

D: still have some leftover salmon....just don't know if I can stomach it today.

Today is gonna be so up in the air with food.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 1/23/21 6:42 am - Amarillo, TX

No fun! Please be kind to yourself no take care of yourself well!

Mel

catwoman7
on 1/23/21 7:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope whatever you have goes away soon! UGH!

Christina135
on 1/23/21 6:10 am

Good morning, happy Saturday!

QOTD - well there's a loaded question. Without dragging everyone down TOO much...I took time for granted. I always thought I had a lot more time to fix a relationship with a person, until I didn't. That person died suddenly and it's left a hole where resolution could have been. So, I took time for granted.

Breakfast - fasting, so black coffee, water

Lunch - Soyrizo, kale and tofu scramble, maybe some crackers

Snack - apple with peanut butter

Snack - fruit smoothie

Dinner - salad with smashed lemon rosemary potatoes, maybe some crispy roasted tofu

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 1/23/21 6:41 am - Amarillo, TX

I have kind of the same feelings with my father. Time is often taken for granted and I'm very guilty of it myself.

Mel

catwoman7
on 1/23/21 7:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had those as well. I was estranged from my father for eight years, but fortunately we reconciled two years before he died (one of which he had advanced dementia, though - so we really just had a year...)

Christina135
on 1/25/21 5:21 am

ding ding ding, it was my dad as well.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 1/23/21 7:17 am, edited 1/22/21 11:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I blew it last night at the online wine and cheese party. Most people bought these cheese platters at the store where the presenter worked so they could taste all the cheeses she talked about, but I didn't want all that cheese in my house, so I bought a package of "brie bites" at Aldi's. The package contained five individual containers of brie - perfect since I knew I wouldn't eat them all, and they won't rot in my fridge like a standard wheel might. It said on the package that each serving was 70 calories, and there were five servings. So I took that to mean each individual container was 70 calories, and there were five servings in the bag. As most rational minds would, I'm thinking. However, I figured out after eating two of them - on water crackers - that they meant each INDIVIDUAL CONTAINER was five servings (are they f'ing kidding? I'd say two servings in one individual container tops! Where on earth do they get five servings out of that? It's enough to spread two of those small-ish crackers!). So instead of the 140 calories I thought I got (plus the crackers, which weren't too bad), I had 350 calories. Ouch! I had not factored 350 calories into my menu plan, so I ended up going over my range - AGAIN. Fortunately, it hasn't shown up on the scale - yet. But sometimes it takes a couple of days. UGH. Luckily I'm not hungry AT ALL this morning, so I skipped breakfast and went right to my protein shake. If I can make it through 'til lunch, I will have made up for over half of that indulgence...

QOTD: the time one was good - I hadn't thought of that at first. I definitely have taken that for granted. I'm now 60 years old and wonder where all those decades went. I'm realizing now that I probably have 20-30 years left, if I'm lucky, and probably 15-20 years (again, if I'm lucky) where I'm healthy enough to do all the things I want to do. And I'm realizing I probably won't be able to do all the things I want to do, and esp now that we will have lost a year with this pandemic. It's a disturbing thought...

TSS: 5y6m

B: protein shake

L: I may have the originally planned breakfast then (Greek yogurt with diced 1/2 mango), or I may have the planned lunch (Costco chicken skewer with a small sweet potato). We'll see what I'm feeling like when the time rolls around...

AS: 1/2 a protein muffin, L&F yogurt

D: West African peanut chicken stew

ex: some kind of cardio

have a great day, everyone!

Queen JB
on 1/23/21 7:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Gang! Quick hello from me. I have been going a million miles an hour for a few weeks. 2 more weeks to go, I think... But the meetings are going well and it's all getting done :)

I have been soooooooo good about staying on my less than 800 calorie plan. I have lost 5 pounds since January 5th and I am really motivated to keep it going. I finally feel like I know how to make daily plans that are satisfying and tackle regain.

Ironically, on the one day I have time to check in here, I don't have a solid plan for my menu yet today. All of the food I made up last week is done and I haven't done any cooking/planning yet. Breakfast is my protein coffee and a cheese stick, and lunch will probably be a veggie burger... after that it's a mystery!

Hope to check in again soon! Hope you all are doing well :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 498 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?