What's on your Saturday menu?

Lisa91941
on 1/23/21 7:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Brava, JB, on the weight loss. You got this!

Lisa91941
on 1/23/21 8:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! Well, currently it is sunny and crisp out. Was supposed to start raining last night and not stop until Wednesday. San Diego for you. Though I do think it's coming in a few hours. Even with the roof leaks, I hope so. Weirdly, rain is good for my soul. We get so little of it that I really appreciate it and love it. We've got appointments today for eye exams and new glasses. SO EXCITED! My glasses are still from fat head days, and I am sick of them slipping around on my face. Of course I wear 3 level progressives (why a fancy word for tri-focals, I don't know. Is tri-focal now a bad word equating to being old?), and I need transitions and a solid frame because I wear them anytime I am awake. So they are pricey. God Bless my husband's union insurance. They pay for about 70 % and I can get a pair a year. We are so lucky with our health insurances.

To my big to do list yesterday I've added today's appointment and a vet appointment for my 3 year old brown dog on Monday. I've very worried about him. He is round like a barrel and having trouble getting up and down. At 3! His diet is limited with no treats and he eats the same as black dog, who is lean and muscular. Genetics at work. I feel like he is stuck on my lifetime journey regarding weight. I just want to be make sure it's not metabolic like thyroid or something. And deal with his hip issues. I'm also afraid they might give me bad news. Just Ugh. I adore him.

QOTD: Oh regret is not for me. I used to smoke when I was very young. I have been known to drink too much. I love hard and fiercely and forgive easily. I believe in being as generous as I can be. I've been taken advantage of a few too many times when I am trying to help someone, but I believe that is on them. My job is to be the most generous I can. They can take it up with their higher power if they are using me. But I will say, the one thing I wish I always understood better is how much stronger I feel when I move my body. Exercising isn't so much about weight management for me as it is making my muscles stronger so I can lug my own luggage, move my own furniture, easily get up and down stairs, and be on my feet for hours enjoying the grand girls. And while losing 92 pounds has been a huge boon to all of those, building lean muscle impacts me all day in every activity. I've done it a few times over the years, and each time I am always mentally happier. I'm hoping that it sticks this time that I need to keep moving my body and not sit in a chair and rust.

menu: I'm trying to copy JB this week and I have been going online and planning out my day on MFP early every morning. Easier than on my phone and after the fact. I'm liking that I can see I need to trim a bit here or there to get what I want, or I can add a bit more protein because I have extra calories. I've added some carbs this week and today I am down a pound. We'll see how that plays out over the next few weeks as I try to understand my body in maintenance.

B: 2 oz ground sirloin meatloaf, 1/4 C cottage cheese

L: 3 oz gyros meat, 1/2 C greek salad, 1/2 pita, 1 tbsp tzatziki sauce (I have been craving this for weeks so today is the day I hope!!)

D: 2 home roasted baby back ribs, 4 tater tots, 1/2 salad

S: need to avoid today to keep at 1,000 calories.

Lordy I am wordy today! Sorry about that!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 1/24/21 3:40 pm, edited 1/24/21 10:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hope the vet appt went well.

my sister?s dog chopper had an undiagnosed thyroid issue. We thought for years his skin just seemed too tight for him from puppyhood on. Once they got his meds set up he?s lost weight, gained energy. Made such a huge difference!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?