What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/26/21 5:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Damn muffin top! Ever notice that guys don't seem to be so bothered by them. You never see them wearing Spanx!

I am at Mikes for one last day after a week here, returning home for a week. Going to his beach club has been great. At my place the pool has been closed while being redone and the beach is 1/2 hour away. Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends of mine.

QOTD: What incredibly common thing have you never done? I have never played golf. I went with my older brother who golfed to a driving range once in my teens and when he told me I would never make it as a golfer I believed him. So only mini-golf since then. But I am contemplating trying it out as Mike is a golfer usually though he has been on break since a medical procedure in the fall.

TSS: 4 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! Scrambled eggs and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad

D: out to dinner

S: nut thins probably

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 1/26/21 5:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning and thanks for getting us started!

had my laser treatment done yesterday and my eye is sore today but! It's clearer! Woot! I had to wait over two hours in the waiting room...at least they don't play faux news anymore!

I don't know what it is but I am so unbelievably sore today. I'm thinking sitting for two hours in a hard chair did it for my back but my shoulders are so very tender today. So I'm kind of grumpy with that.

not much planned for the day. My mom needs to run to the bank and she is out of eggs so the grocery store is in order.

qotd: I've never golfed either. I did in high school drive the balls in PE but that's it. I've also never seen the proper ocean(just a shipping channel in Houston).

b: just egg, gf toast, turkey sausage crumbles & coffee

l: ???

d: ???

s: popcorn, fruit

catwoman7
on 1/26/21 5:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

It's a winter wonderland here in southern Wisconsin this morning (I bet Jim got hit, too, since we're on the northern edge of the storm). It's days like these that I don't hate the pandemic so much. No way would I want to leave my house in this!!

Classes start today. I'm enrolled in two - I've never heard one way or the other about the third one I requested to take, but I'm fine with these two if the third one falls through. These two will keep me busy. Actually, Tuesday mornings won't be as busy as I was thinking since the lectures for the Eastern European history class are pre-recorded and on the class Web site, so I don't have the actual class until Thursday morning, when she'll give some additional info, entertain questions, and occasionally have us divide into Zoom breakout rooms for small-group discussion and activities. And she'll put us senior auditors in our own breakout room, fortunately. So I really just have the one class on Tuesday mornings. Those pre-recorded lectures for the first one I can watch any time before the class officially meets on Thursdays.

Eating was way better yesterday - I managed to stay in the 1500s calorie-wise even though it was a struggle. Instant miso soup and lots of hot herbal tea helped. Plus ignoring cravings. This is what I gotta do if I want to lose those 10 lbs. I looked at several photos of myself yesterday at 140-ish lbs, 150-ish lbs, and 160-ish lbs, and I've decided I looked my best at 150. I currently weigh 158-162 (depending on the day), so I've got 10 lbs to lose. So it's not impossible.

QOTD: I've never golfed either (just miniature - but even that's been decades!). I can't really think of anything else right now - but I'll give it some thought and come back here to update if anything comes to mind

TSS: 5y7m

B: Fit Frappe, coffee with half & half

MS: Greek yogurt with 2 T cranberry/cherry compote

L: either turkey breast slices or a Costco chicken skewer, small sweet potato

AS: 1/2 a protein muffin, Greek yogurt

D: leftover spicy peanut chicken, unless DH scarfs it (in that case, a cup of turkey chili)

ex: I'm going to do a Zoom kickboxing class this evening, but it's 30 minutes long so I may do a 30 minute walking or dance cardio youtube video sometime this morning

have a great day, everyone!!

Teenie
on 1/26/21 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Congratulations on eating better yesterday. It is so not easy in the winter. Someone told me if I brush and floss my teeth after dinner it may distract me from eating since I wouldn't want to have to brush again before bed. I have not tried it yet but thought it may help. I'm just throwing it out there in case it might help.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 1/26/21 7:06 am, edited 1/26/21 2:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I know some people do find that helpful - I can give it a try!! Oddly, late afternoons are tougher for me than evenings, for some reason - although evenings occasionally can be, too. But in the evening, I'm more likely to eat something like sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello. I think it's more the sweetness than the density. Late afternoons are tough, though - I'm looking for density. Eating dinner early helps (even if it's at 4:00) - or the last couple of days, I've flipflopped my protein shake and breakfast (so I eat breakfast around 10:30 - which means I eat a later lunch). That seems to help a bit, too...

Teenie
on 1/26/21 12:51 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Well all tricks and tips are welcome. I just think it is this time of year. Looks like many of us are struggling. Come on Spring. I just need to get outside and stay out of the kitchen.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 1/26/21 5:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Today is the halfway mark of me and my youngest being home alone. We are hanging in there but will be glad when Marilyn returns.

We got four inches of snow, which means that (a) I have to snow blow, and (b) DS still had school, so I had to drive him at 7:00. When I woke up, everything was dark and white, so I figured school would be converted to virtual, but when I looked at my text it was on.

My neighbor volunteered to snowblow our driveway, but since we also have a snowblower, it would just be asking him to do it so that I could stay inside and be cozy and that didn't feel right.

Also, I ran the broken dishwasher and now it is filled with half done dishes and an inch of filthy water, so that is on the agenda for today as well. I'm going to be honest, Marilyn told me a thousand times that the dishwasher was broken and it just slipped my mind. Poop.

Eating has been going well the last few days. The gymnastics class stressed how getting even a couple of pounds off could make movements so much easier, so that seems to be motivating me. Trying to keep it up today

QOTD: I've never watched Sex in The City.

Breakfast: Omlette

Lunch: Mahi burger

snack:nuts

Dinner: Ham

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/26/21 5:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love that you admit that you need Marilyn around!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Teenie
on 1/26/21 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My Dish has a drain button where you can just drain the thing. Look at the buttons you may have that option. Good luck on getting it repaired.

Greateight
on 1/26/21 7:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good idea!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Queen JB · 38 replies · 565 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
Queen JB · 4 replies · 22 views
Recent Topics