What's on your Wednesday Menu?

supershopper
on 1/27/21 4:36 am, edited 1/27/21 4:45 am

hi all just a quick placeholder for me today.

I had an important meeting I was nervous about and it did go pretty well and for that I was glad. I actually took a hike jog at lunch to destress a little since I could not leave the house due to zoom tai chi at 5:30 and after that its dark and I generally don't like to leave the house that late. the good shops are closed anyway. will leave after work today for errands.

QOTD: 1 thing you hated pre-op that you like now and one thing you liked before that you can't stand now. Before I did not like pickled anything (other than pickles), not I will eat pretty much anything picked (I have NOT tried eggs or animal parts).On the reverse side, I cant eat rice it tastes like crap to me.

Food plan:

B: egg whites, laughing cow cheese, 1/2 low carb tortilla

coffee/water

l: last of stir fry, added eggs

d: grilled romaine with tuna salad on top

s: maybe a shake

exercise: depends if I make it to gym or go run errands instead?

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

KalesD
on 1/27/21 4:55 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday.. half way thru the week! Woohoo.

QOTD: haven't discovered anything yet. But being So recent post op.. I don't stray from the few things I know sit well. I hate puking.. and I've puked more times in the last 4 months then the last 29 years of my life. I avoid new things.

B: fairlife latte & egg whites

S: skyr yogurt & pb

L: roasted chicken

S: 1/2 protein shake & 1/2c coffee

D: potato, egg & cheese

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 1/27/21 5:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

for most of us, that gets better. I threw up a lot the first few months, too, while I learned what sat well with me - and what didn't. But now I don't think I vomit any more than I did pre-surgery - maybe a couple times a year??

catwoman7
on 1/27/21 5:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

My South Asian history class was great - I think I'm going to really like it. I haven't had the Eastern European one yet - that meets tomorrow morning. All this reading is going to keep me really busy this spring, but that's fine!!! Today I have to host a large Zoom lecture at 1:00 on Max Beckmann, a German artist. I'll also do a couple of Zoom fitness classes - strength-training and some kind of cardio class. The roads are clear but we got around 6" of snow yesterday, and it's cold, so I'm staying in today.

accountability was good yesterday, and I was back down in the 150s this morning. Thank God. Hope I stay there (160 is my "oh crap" level - and I've been above it (slightly - but still above) several times over the last couple of months. NO MORE! Hoping to get down to 150 - or at least the low 150s - this year. And stay there.

QOTD: The only thing that comes to mind is Jello. I hadn't eaten it for decades before my WLS. I'm not sure if I didn't like it, but I wouldn't have touched it with a 10-foot pole. I always have the sugar free version in my fridge now since it often comes in handy if I'm having an uncontrollable sugar craving. Esp with light Cool Whip on top (another item that I would have never touched before WLS - not that I would have hated it, but both are really unnatural). Otherwise, I don't think my tastes have really changed, although I have a hard time with really fatty things (like falafel, for example - I love it, but I can't eat more than one), or more-than-tiny portions of certain carbs like rice or pasta. They sit in my stomach like a brick.

TSS: 5y7m

B: protein shake

MS: Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango

L: either a piece of lemon/blueberry yogurt pie or a chicken sausage

MS: ?? Maybe half a protein muffin with creme brulee L&F yogurt

D: turkey breast slices, small sweet potato

have a great day, everyone!

Maddymoe2
on 1/27/21 8:16 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Yay for your weight coming down! I love it when that happens.

Emiepie
on 1/27/21 3:34 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats on the scale victory!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 1/27/21 5:06 am, edited 1/26/21 9:07 pm

Mernin, happy Wednesday.

QOTD - I won't say hated pre-op, more like was afraid of? Carbs. I avoided carbs like the plague. I will say that my entire way of eating has changed, but that's been in recent couple of years. I used to be heavy on meat/cheese/butter prior to surgery and after, because keto/Atkins was the way to go to lose weight/keep weight off. Now, I eat a plant based diet, no dairy, no meat, etc. And I eat carbs galore. Keep in mind not all carbs are equal. I don't equate cake carbs with the carbs I get from oatmeal or a fruit smoothie. But I make room for all the carbs in my life, and my body runs smoothly and happily. And I'm at the lowest adult weight of my life. AND I am able to mostly manage my RH, which is amazing to me.

Breakfast - fasting so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - soyrizo kale tofu scramble on 1/2 everything bagel with vegan cream cheese

Snack - fruit smoothie

Snack - apple with peanut butter and pepitas

Snack -triscuits with chickpea salad

Dinner - salad, baked potato with vegan cheese and avocado butter

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Queen JB
on 1/27/21 5:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi All! Just popping in to say hi

I have two quiet-ish days in a row which is such a nice break! It ramps back up on Thursday for another week and a half but then I am done with the madness! Yay! All of the meetings are going well, though, and I am happy about how everything has gone.

Weight is still completely under control, which is a blessing. If we were in the office I would have been sitting for 10 hours a day in a conference room with tons of tempting treats, so it's been good! I am sticking to my 650 - 850 calorie plan and it's working! I would be killing it if I added some movement, but alas...only tackling one thing at a time.

QOTD: I think I have gotten a lot pickier about food than I used to be--I rarely met a food pre-op that I couldn't enjoy! Now I feel like if I only have a few calories to spend, I am going to make them really excellent and I seek out more herbs, spices and quality meats and veggies than I used to care about. I am also more aware of the aftertaste of many artificial sweeteners and avoid the ones that are yucky.

Food today:

• 2 cups of protein coffee (it's that kind of morning!); egg whites, goat cheese & basil
  • 3 oz sirloin steak; cauliflower "fries"
  • 3 turkey meatballs with marinara sauce & parmesan
  • babybel light cheese; 1/4 c almonds
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 1/27/21 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for checking in, glad all is going well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/27/21 5:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning all.

I feel like I've been hit by a bus this morning. So so so soooo sore. Just in tears really. I'm hoping my mom doesn't want to do much today. Some time this week we have to go pay the taxes on the house...always fun.

I'm really feeling sad this morning. Maybe it's the pain...I don't know. I'm going to try and crack down on my diet today. Everything's been going off the rails after 3-4 pm. I feel like giving up. Ugh I know I won't but it sure sounds appealing right now.

we found a Disney instant pot at Walmart on clearance for 40 bucks. Could not not get it. We absolutely love our other one. We might end up giving it as a gift or just keep it for back up. I might try my hand at making yogurt again. We'll see.

I'm sorry I'm such a Debbie downer. I know TOM has something to do with it but I also think my depression med isn't doing all to well.

qotd: not much I can think of. Since my diet restrictions have changed due to allergies I miss things more than I can't stand them.

b: gf toast p, just egg, sausage crumbles, plant based butter and coffee

l: mushroom soup with vegan cheese

d: I'm thinking about making split pea soup

s: popcorn, ???

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views