What's on your hump day menu?

White Dove
on 2/17/21 7:22 am - Warren, OH

Other than a fatal illness or accident, I think it is reasonable to expect to see our 100th birthdays.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

supershopper
on 2/17/21 4:56 am

oh man i'm tired. over 4 hours driving then had to make up time working till after 8 last night. Today is a 'normal' day though thank goodness. I need to get my arse to the gym but this schedule has been hard last 2 weeks.

QOTD: I learned I don't have to be perfect at everything and that existing in shades of gray is an ok thing. I'm in face going to try 1 thing this week that I think I'm going to suck at and do it.

Oh and to boot, we MAY be adopting another dog, yes number 4. she is a rescue chiweenie and she is sooo cute. we go see her sunday.

Food:

B: last 2 egg bites

b2: smart cake and sf syrup

l: turkey and some veg

s:leftover low carb cheesecake

d: chicken veggies

s:unsure

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

NYMom222
on 2/17/21 5:28 am, edited 2/16/21 9:33 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good morning! I finally remembered to get on. I was away in Chicago for 10 days visiting grandbabies which was glorious, but Now I'm back. Still working on getting the house in order. I initially unpacked and threw boxes and rooms just to make everything livable, but now I'm trying to actually organize it. Now that I've lived in the house a little while have a better idea of what I want for a few things.

My pici is of last Friday I drove into Tampa, and met Greateight for lunch. It was a gorgeous day, 80 and sunny and Perfect for sitting on the water. Meeting people and eating out so 2019, LOL, it felt really good to do something.

QOTD: because I am one of those tips and tricks and gadgets people, I'm always listening or Watching videos on things. I recently learned if you want to read an article that wants to make you sign up to get past the pop-up, if on the address bar right after the https://
you type: outline.com/
It will get you past the pop-up. I was able to do it on my laptop, have not figured it out on the phone.

I have been treading water are concerning my exercise and food, honestly the shi******king. So trying to figure out signing up with a virtual trainer, because not ready to join the gym in the pandemic. I don't know I'm having a hard time making a decision.

Food:

• Fairlife latte,
  • Greek yogurt, Carrot muffin
  • Salad, Turkey on low carb bread
  • Fit Frappe mocha frapuccino
  • Turkey meatball veggie stirfry
  • Casein protein hot chocolate

Ex: yoga

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 2/17/21 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pic!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/17/21 6:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love this picture!

I was thinking the other day how weird it will look 10+ years from now when people look at pictures from 2020-21 and see everyone wearing masks (moreso 50 or 100 years from now when people born after this era don't necessarily know about the pandemic!)

White Dove
on 2/17/21 6:33 am - Warren, OH

I don't think it will look weird ten years from now. I think wearing masks will be part of our culture. Perhaps not everyday, but during cold and flu season or when you have a cold.

I work with a lady from Thailand. Masks had been worn much more often there. If you are in a business meeting and cough or sneeze, you are really looked down upon if you do not have a mask on.

In stores or on public transportation, if a person does not have their mask on, the other shoppers or passengers will form a group and physically throw the unmasked person out. They have kept their country a very safe place to live and COVID cases very low.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 2/17/21 7:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I remember some masks from Thailand - but I remember practically everyone wore them in China. When I saw them (this was years ago) I thought they were because of the pollution, but now I know it's to prevent disease transmission.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/17/21 6:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Why wouldn't people in the future know about the pandemic? We know about the Spanish Flu (that started in Kansas) and all the various Black Death plagues. I hope in 50 years science is so advanced they laugh at the anti maskers and the anti vaxxers the way we look at people making offerings at the Roman temples for helping. Although given they had the same anti mask issues in the Spanish flu so maybe I am a bit less hopeful, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/17/21 7:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

most people will know about it (although I wouldn't assume everyone will - people's ignorance of things I think everyone should have learned back in like second grade continues to surprise me...), but I think seeing photos of people in masks will still throw them for a loop until they think back about what was going on during that time.

catwoman7
on 2/17/21 7:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. in retrospect, I should have said 50 or 100 years from now when many people won't know about it first-hand. Certainly most (I would hope!) will have heard about it, though. But if I saw a really old picture of people wearing masks, it'd take me a minute to figure out what was going on ("oh! I bet this was taken in 1918 - duh! The Spanish flu!") (which you're right - it mostly likely started in Kansas, not Spain!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 250 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics