What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 2/18/21 3:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Thursday morning everyone! I hope that you're all ok...or at least better than yesterday and the day before.

The state of Texas is in horrible shape. Our lovely governor blamed it all on renewable energy when in fact it's his incompetence and that of those around him. Lack of regulations and greed. I'm so mad and worried for my fellow Texans. I know of at least some of us that are from down state...hoping y'all get power back and soon. They are doing rolling blackouts here and closed down schools and city offices for the rest of the week...to also save energy. OK I'll stop now.

If the weather clears up enough to melt the ice and snow on the roads we need to go to the grocery store....badly. I doubt we'll be able to but I can hope.

qotd: what is one thing that you think people take for granted the most?

mine would be time...people always wait to say I love you or two tell people how much you appreciate them. Do it now! Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

b: oatmeal and coffee

l: turkey breast meat, slice of gf bread and a few grapes

d: gf pan fried rainbow trout, stir fry vegetables and ???

s: popcorn, corn tortilla and fruit of some kind

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/21 5:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is crazy what people in Texas are going through. I hope it eases for you today and you get out. BTW, that new weave you showed yesterday is beautiful.

I am back at Mike's place for a few days. Right now the sun is out and it is in the low 70's. A beach day I think but it may be the last one for a while as it is supposed to cool down this weekend. Mike is renting his house out for the month of March, so over the next week we have to stow away all the personal stuff, then he will be with me for the month. But it won't be constantly be the same routine as I am going to Massachusetts for a few days, we are going away for 3-4 days for my birthday mid-month, and we are renting a place on the beach in Siesta Key for a week at the end of the month.

People 65+ are now eligible for the vaccine in Massachusetts so hopefully my family and friends can get it without a lot of angst. I am not sure that will be the case though.

QOTD: This is certainly a thought-provoking one Melody. Maybe we take for granted that the world around us won't change too fast. Or as you said, that we will have more time with the people we love. Covid sure shook everyone's world from both perspectives.

TSS: 4 years, 10.5 months

B: Coffee!!! Eggs and cottage cheese

L: southwest salad

D: steak and veggies

S: nut thins and cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Greateight
on 2/18/21 5:55 am, edited 2/17/21 10:52 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

My mom got hers in MA. If you want to go to open houses in Siesta Key, Marilyn and her Mom would be happy to go with you. Although I suspect Mike would rather have you spending time with him than looking at houses for other people.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/21 8:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! Well I will report back on what "living" in Siesta Key is like

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NYMom222
on 2/18/21 6:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I was thinking beach day today as well.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/21 8:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So nice to be warm isn't it!!!

catwoman7
on 2/18/21 5:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I wonder how many people are buying into that "renewable energy" excuse. I've read it only constitutes about 10% of the power in Texas (and probably a lot of other states as well), so...not buying that excuse. The deregulation thing was a HUGE mistake. Also - what's this with Rick Perry saying people would rather deal with this than have the feds control the energy? Who the heck is he talking to? None of the Texans I know, apparently. Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on down there - it's really a catastrophe.

busy day today - classes this morning and hosting a Zoom lecture this afternoon. I woke up really early, so hopefully I can stay alert through all this - esp the Zoom lecture since I'm running the software (again...).

btw - the powdered egg yolks worked great with my latest batch of yogurt (I'm attempting to make eggnog-flavored Greek yogurt, which DH loves). Texture is perfect (unlike when I tried it with fresh egg yolks). I made it overnight and it's in the fridge now chilling - I'll let you know the result once I take it out and add the (fake) sugar and spices. Hopefully this will turn out - DH will be forever grateful!

QOTD: time for sure - and also, their health. I don't think many people think about their health too much until they're sick.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake (I'll add a little avocado to tie me over. Trying to fight unreasonable hunger pangs the last couple of days - avocados (and nut butters) are magical!)

L: 1/2 a California roll (made with brown rice), avocado toast (made with 35-calorie bread)

AS: yogurt. And maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: salmon - and some kind of vegetable

have a great Thursday, everyone!

Emiepie
on 2/18/21 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday-Eve! It feels like we've worked long enough this week already for it to be the weekend. I was up later than usual helping Em go through her new hire paperwork online last night. She wanted to take her best friend Starbucks yesterday by herself but our car insurance providers site was down so we couldn't add her to the insurance until later in the evening. So today she'll be able to utilize her drivers license for the first time! She has to go to campus for a costume fitting for her upcoming play.

QOTD: I think most of us used to take toilet paper and paper towels for granted. Probably not as much now.

TSS: 6 years, 6 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: 1/2 turkey sandwich on Chompie's bread, salad and a honeycrisp apple

S: Protein puffs, a plum and yogurt

D: Jimmy Dean scramble, toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: At home bar stretching

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1362 Protein: 132 Carbs:122 Fat: 44

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 2/18/21 1:55 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Kelly, as a brand new license holder the teenagers are not allowed to have other teenagers in the car for up to 12 months. At least those were the rules when my kids got their license. I think they do that in order for them not to be distracted.

During the first 12 months after you are licensed, you cannot drive between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. and cannot transport passengers under 20 years old, unless accompanied by a California-licensed parent or guardian, a California-licensed driver 25 years old or older, or a licensed or certified driving instructor.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 2/18/21 3:56 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Yup! You're correct. She was just going to drop off the coffee. We actually had a very in depth conversation about it and she knows if they choose to follow the law she would have her license suspended until she is 21. I really appreciate you looking out #mamatribe

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 551 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 535 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 132 views
Recent Topics