Worried

mirandamacie
on 2/18/21 5:21 pm
RNY on 02/23/21

I just got done with my medical clearance appointment and surgery is 5 days away. They want me to redo my blood work because my WBC count was high. I'm worried because it was also high at my last blood work way back in June. I guess I'm worried it's not gonna go down for the blood work I'm getting tomorrow and my surgery will have to be canceled for a second time. I have no idea why it would be high to begin with, I don't have any signs of infection. It was at 16.2 and the normal range is up to 10.8. Does anyone have any similar experiences or does someone have anything to say that can ease my mind?

hollykim
on 2/21/21 5:16 pm, edited 2/21/21 9:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 19, 2021 at 1:21 AM Pacific Time, mirandamacie wrote:

I just got done with my medical clearance appointment and surgery is 5 days away. They want me to redo my blood work because my WBC count was high. I'm worried because it was also high at my last blood work way back in June. I guess I'm worried it's not gonna go down for the blood work I'm getting tomorrow and my surgery will have to be canceled for a second time. I have no idea why it would be high to begin with, I don't have any signs of infection. It was at 16.2 and the normal range is up to 10.8. Does anyone have any similar experiences or does someone have anything to say that can ease my mind?

have you been to the dentist recently? A cavity or tooth abscessing can cause elevated WBC cause it is infection in your tooth.

mirandamacie
on 2/21/21 7:28 pm
RNY on 02/23/21

Wow, I actually haven't and I know for a fact I have a couple cavities. Is it dangerous to get surgery with cavities?

hollykim
on 2/21/21 8:57 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 22, 2021 at 3:28 AM Pacific Time, mirandamacie wrote:

Wow, I actually haven't and I know for a fact I have a couple cavities. Is it dangerous to get surgery with cavities?

it isnt dangerous, but could be contributing to your high white count.

infection anywhere is not a good thing.

mirandamacie
on 2/21/21 7:29 pm
RNY on 02/23/21

WBC count did go down to 13.0 though, still high but I'm expecting a call from the doctor tomorrow to get their perspective.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics