Whatâ??s on your Friday menu

Lisa91941
on 2/19/21 10:56 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I actually started crying when I read this. The world is full of good people. And then I snorted at the end. Hugs!

Christina135
on 2/19/21 11:01 am

I am a Libra and I crave balance. **** is NOT in balance so yeah, I keep crying. But that is honestly one of the things I absolutely LOVE about San Antonio. We really truly do take care of our own. Our sense of community here is fantastic. Last year when Covid hit and the food bank was helping people out, they were giving food and I was in a facebook group where you could either give help or get help. The posts...were people who got too much and were like "Hey, I got 15 lbs of potatoes, I only need 5, can we meet up?" Or "I have 5 gallons of milk, they are going to go bad, my family will only use 2, who needs them?". It was post after post like that, and I remember just thinking "my God, these people just were in line to get food to feed their families, and now they are feeding other families who maybe weren't able to get there. It's just ONE example I promise of the strength and love we see when things happen here.

and Ted Cruz can suck it.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Melody P.
on 2/19/21 1:04 pm - Amarillo, TX

I'm so glad to hear you're doing ok there. I have unfriended a few folks that made fun of Texas. This is beyond political parties. People are dying...DYING! This isn't a joke. Our pipes are not buried as deep as the states that get this **** on the regular. So many people have lost everything. The jokes make my blood boil...I've been crying too. I'm trying to look at the positive and I see a lot of people are rising the the challenge and helping each other out.

also a lot of folks don't really know about the gerrymandering going on in this state. Nevertheless this is a humanitarian crisis. It is no joke.

again...it's good to hear you are ok...I was wondering how y'all came through. My mom grew up in San Antonio and it's such an awesome city.

Melody P.
on 2/19/21 1:05 pm - Amarillo, TX

And I agree about that last sentence of yours.

Christina135
on 2/19/21 2:12 pm

I'm glad you guys are doing okay as well! Yeah, I've unfollowed pages where they have been posting stuff, it would be the same to me as making fun of Australian wildfires, or any other natural disaster. It's just a don't!

That's cool your mom is from SA!

I'm really enjoying seeing Cruz being drug through the mud on this one. I'm pissed he left Snowflake at home. I could never leave my doggos alone.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 2/19/21 7:05 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm really surprised to hear that people are talking that way about Texas - that is horrible!! Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised - but wow. I haven't heard any of that. That's really beyond the pale. I'm sorry you're dealing with people like this (well, on social media, anyway). That's really upsetting!!!

Teenie
on 2/19/21 1:53 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

So great to here. Glad you are well.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 2/19/21 7:19 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks for checking in!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 2/19/21 2:42 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good Friday evening everyone.

it has been a very high pain day for me. I don't feel good when it hurts this much. On top of my back I've been having an issue with my left hip. I need to see about getting it X-rayed....if my doctor will listen. It's different than my back. It makes a popping sound with every step...well more of a grinding pop. Sometimes I take a step and feel like I jammed a tack into my hip joint. It's been almost unbearable combined with the back pain. I am seriously tired. This cold is really hurting me physically...my eating has been crap...could be worse but I know I could do so much better. Waiting for the depression med to kick in.

this part of Texas faired way better than the rest so i'm very blessed in so many ways. I'm so concerned about the long term future of my state. I am a proud Texan...not always proud of who runs it but the people are pretty damned awesome. Of course there is bad ones but everywhere has that.

qotd: Nautilus

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 249 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views