What's on your Thursday menu?

wrkinprogress
on 2/25/21 6:04 am, edited 2/24/21 10:04 pm

Good morning menu peeps!

I have been MIA for a couple of weeks and missed being able to check in daily. My surgery was a bit over 2 years ago and have lost a significant amount of weight which left a massive amount of skin in my midsection, to the point it hangs almost to my knee. I went into my 2 year checkup with the bariatric centre with high hopes,, got a pat on the back for losing more than was expected,,but then was kicked in the gut when the physician there told me that a panni would not be covered and just to open the yellow pages and start calling plastic surgeons or start a "go fund me" page. Luckily I have a very thorough nurse practitioner who sent out several referrals trying to get a plastic surgeon to at least give me a consult - I was refused by one after another due to my BMI. Finally in January I got a call from one of the plastic surgeons at a large hospital who booked me for a consult which happened last week. He was VERY nice, went through my history with me, did a physical exam and assured me I was correct that this was an "absolutely necessary" surgery. He is sending the paperwork through to OHIP for coverage and said we should hear back in a couple months but that he is 95% sure we will be successful. I can't get my hopes up too much but I am still super optimistic.

On another note, since I thought the surgery option was out of the question for the time being, I'd applied to start Optifast to try and lose more weight and get within a BMI range that these doctors would at least consider. Sooo this week I was approved to start the Optifast and yesterday was my first day. 3-4 shakes a day with no food. YES I'm a bit crazy but the plateau was driving me nuts. I went to the gym and man was I feeling drained trying to get through it with only shakes in my system,, there may need to be an adjustment.

QOTD: My mom was a teacher and very strict so I was just excited to lose some of the "rules". I thought making my bed was such a waste of time so was happy when that ended. Now I make my bed 90% of the time just because it looks neater.

B - Optifast

L- Optifast

D - Optifast

S - Optifast after the gym if I feel like I need it.

Lots of water!

KalesD
on 2/25/21 9:47 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Sending you positive thoughts while you embark on the Opti-fast! I am so very glad my surgeon felt it wasn't necessary for me pre op as that's the part I was looking forward to the least!

I am also crossing my fingers and toes for you that OHIP approves your surgery! My understanding is that if the panni hangs lower then the pubis then it would be covered. The red tape sucks - if only they realized that approving these surgeries actually decreases the amount of time and money that will be spent on your care over your life time!! Flippin' Ontario!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

wrkinprogress
on 2/26/21 6:45 am

Thanks for the positive vibes

I had to do 4 or 5 weeks of Opti-fast before my surgery and made it through. I'm a determined gal so will just get it done!

Greateight
on 2/26/21 7:00 am
RNY on 08/29/18

4 or 5 weeks?? Kudos to you for your consistency and determination!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 2/25/21 6:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-Eve! This week has been pretty busy at work and it definitely feels like it should be the weekend already.

QOTD: Not having a bed time and being able to stay up as late as I wanted.

TSS: 6 years, 6 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: deli turkey, spinach salad with feta, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: SF latte, Quest chips, a peach and yogurt

D: Birch benders pancakes, eggbeaters, sausage, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: just PT exercises today

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1417 Protein: 122 Carbs:122 Fat: 51

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 2/25/21 6:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I'm up on weight for the third day in a row, without being up on calories. Not sure what's going on there. Sipping on some tea and going to eat very lean and clean today and see if that stops the trend. Working all day, should go by fast. I'm supposed to do a outdoor patio gathering with a neighbor, so I think I'll make a cup of fake coffee and take that with me. It will keep my hands full and away from the wine and cheese I know that they will put out.

QoTD: Adulting is hard! Like some of you, I like it so much better than childhood. Staying up late, making my own decisions, not nearly as fun as I thought they would be!

Menu:

B: 1 hb egg, 1/4 c cottage cheese.

L: 2.5 oz turkey breast. 1 oz cheddar cheese

D: 4 oz ham, salad (mac and cheese for the hubs)

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 2/25/21 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Melody and Menuers,

Quick post today. My co worker is out for the next 2 days so I'll be processing all of his orders. So busy busy. I won't even get out of the office for and Aldi run so I sent DH with a list. Your guess is as good as mine of exactly what I will get. He is definitely no insta cart employee.

QOTD: Probably wearing High heels. Oh they looked so beautiful on the ladies in the 70's and I was to young. I could not wait to be old enough. LOL what a joke those things are.

Accountability: I don't remember specifics but definitely snacks. Oh grain free cookies and protein peanut butter mix and honey roasted cashews.

TSS: 3 years 2 Months and 14 days 133 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato creamer

MS: Premier Strawberry protein and berries

CB: Coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato creamer

L: Kielbasa and sauerkraut and snack selects.

D: Turkey meatloaf.

Exercise: 3.5 mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium.

Everybody have a great day.

Brightest Blessing

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Maddymoe2
on 2/25/21 7:47 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. Its a rainy day in the PNW. I am thankful there is no snow. I think I am going to paint my living room today and reset my decorations. I just like to move everything around. I also need to touch up my baseboards. I love to paint and make everything new.

I was gone all day yesterday and feel like I did not get enough fluids in. That's the struggle when your out and about. I don't like public restrooms and now I really don't with covid. I feel puffy today and my wedding ring is tight. Lots of water and hot tea today. I am seriously considering doing a week or two of all meat. I have got to get my weight moving downward. I need to quit having random bites. I remember my first year after surgery, I was so strict. The struggle is real.

QOTD- I couldn't wait to be an adult. I literally had a countdown until I was 18. I couldn't wait to be able to leave my parents house. My wish came true early though when I was placed in foster care at 16. I do think that the bummer part of being an adult is paying for all the things. I was at Home Depot with my daughter last week and she said. Adulting is so overrated! Why are lightbulbs $9? I don't want to spend $9 on a lightbulb. It just made me laugh.

Food for today-

Eggwich from Costco

Shredded chicken breast cooked with salsa in the crock pot

Chicken stir fry with cabbage, peppers and broccoli

Lots of water and vitamins always.

It's raining, but I think I am going to go for a walk anyway. I need to breathe fresh air. And my dog needs the exercise too.

Teenie
on 2/25/21 8:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The Eggwich from Costco is it the Reds brand? Have you had the Jimmy dean one? How do they compare?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Maddymoe2
on 2/25/21 8:50 am
RNY on 11/22/16

It is the Reds brand, 190 cal, 3 carbs and 17 protein. I really like them. I have not had the Jimmy Dean one.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 214 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics