Almost 5 weeks out

sue9999
on 3/12/21 9:56 am
RNY on 02/08/21

Hi: I read regularly but haven't posted since first week post surgery. So far, so good. I had one minor complication which was a seroma, though it drained a ton of fluid, probably over 500 cc total. But that is resolved and I'm doing fine. I am walking 3 times a day about 1/2 to 2/3 of a mile each time. I've started some low weight strengthening exercises, although I am finding it a challenge to make myself do that. I like walking, I dislike any type of "stand in place" exercise. But if it is what I need to do, I'll do it. My weight is down about 22 pounds (woo hoo), though the reason I got this surgery was b/c on a different surgery last summer, I was found to have stage 3-4 NASH. This was my last option to try to improve that. On Monday, I can move from soft proteins to adding a smidge of well-cooked veg or soft fruit to each meal. I'm missing both and am looking forward to that. It emphasizes that I am healing, slow it might seem right now. I'm craving banana. Anyway, that is my update since that first week postop. I'm really surprised at the amount of weight loss as I was down about 20-something preop and I am only 5'2". My surgery weight was 208.

Teenie
on 3/12/21 11:24 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My fatty liver has been completely heeled since my surgery. When I had my hernia fixed the doctor said it was completely normal. The liver does regenerate so I hope this will turn around quickly for you. Good luck on your journey and join us on the menu thread whenever you get a chance.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 3/12/21 6:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

there are a bunch of walking videos on youtube, too, which I do on cold or crappy days. Millions of them. They're more like "Walk Away the Pounds" types of walking, though (and a lot of people like "Walk away the Pounds" videos) in that they march, then do side to side, then do other "fancy" types of walking. I like "Reps to the Rhythm" series, the Gina B series - well, there are lots...all low impact and pretty upbeat.

sue9999
on 3/13/21 12:52 pm
RNY on 02/08/21

I just Googled the Gina B series and will give them a try. Thanks!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views