What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 3/20/21 5:47 am, edited 3/20/21 5:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Another beautiful day in store for us today (at least here in southern Wisconsin!). Hopefully DH will be up for a bike ride - although if he's not, I'm going myself. It'll be perfect for it both today and tomorrow! In other news, I just started a batch of yogurt, and may make some more protein muffins this evening. I really need to watch the food today because I'm still feeling bloated from the blow-out on Thursday night. Ugh.

QOTD: are there any foods you liked pre-surgery that you don't care for anymore? The one that immediately comes to mind for me is bananas. I find them absolutely cloying.

B: pumpkin yogurt with maple whipped topping, coffee with half & half

MS: strawberry protein shake (with a few frozen strawberries thrown in - and spinach)

L: Fresh Express Thai salad with a Costco chicken skewer

AS: if DH goes biking with me, we'll probably stop at a coffee place - and if so, I'll get an iced latte with 2% milk and SF syrup. If he doesn't come along, I'll probably have 1/2 a protein muffin and some L&F yogurt at home

D: not sure. Maybe 1/2 Aldi's Thai veggie burger on 1/2 slim bun - but I may need more protein with that. And some kind of vegetable.

have a good day, all! I hope the weather is beautiful where you are, too!!

Queen JB
on 3/20/21 6:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hiiii friends! How's this awesome gang doing? Not much going on with me but I wanted to pop in and say hi.

I am doing well with weight. Not earth shattering, but I am continuing to lose super slowly but steadily after that big 8lb drop a month ago. I am doing less tracking and trying to follow more of the intuitive eating, although I find it very hard to let go and not over plan. I am a work in progress, always, lol.

I won't bother to post a menu today. Grim is currently in the kitchen baking a cake at 9am, so lord knows I am not going to be any kind of a role model today! But I also have a nice healthy grocery delivery from Whole Foods coming later today so hopefully I will find a good balance.

QOTD: Milk chocolate! I could have eaten 100 Hershey bars in one sitting pre-op, but now I think about just a square and feel a little queasy. I still love a rich dark chocolate, but milk chocolate is just too sweet and yucky.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 3/20/21 6:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you've been on my mind a lot lately and I was going to email you this weekend to see what was up! I saw your comment from last night on another post and was going to say "Hi" to you there, but given the nature of that original post, it seemed kind of....odd....to do that there. So I'm so glad you posted here! Glad things are going well! My dietitian keeps insisting I give up my (according to her...) obsessive counting and try IE. I did promise her I'd at least read the book (and I did!). There were some good tips in there that I'm trying to incorporate, but I'm a little afraid to go over completely to that side - not sure if I trust myself enough...

Queen JB
on 3/20/21 7:47 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Haha I know, I have been trying to stay off of OH and not even come to read too often because I am really trying to wean myself off of the need to overcontrol my planning, but I really miss all of the sweet people in this community... so when I logged on and the first thing I saw a a rude comment about the people here, I was too annoyed not to comment, lol.

I don't think I am "nailing" intuitive eating, but I am slowly learning and slowly losing so I guess its going okay! Its hard to give up obsessive counting but the benefit for me is that if I didn't count my calories, I didn't technically go over my calories....so if I didn't go over, I don't have anything to berate myself over. Haha, its not a foolproof system, but I am just trying to be kinder to myself.

Melody P.
on 3/21/21 3:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Great to see your post! You're dearly missed BUT I'm so happy for you that things are going well :o)

Maddymoe2
on 3/20/21 7:57 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday and happy first day of Spring!! We made it.

I overdid it this week and I am so sore. I pulled up all the brick under our pergola and relaid them and set them with polymer sand. My shoulders and neck are not happy. My kids are coming up today for corned beef and cabbage. I am looking forward to seeing them and the dogs. I am hoping for a walk with my daughter.

My husband and I are also both getting our covid shot on Monday! Looking forward to that. We are getting the pfizer.

QOTD- Bakery cake!! I used to buy one and just have it in the fridge, also maple bars. I am not even phased by baked goods anymore, thank goodness! I actually have a respectful fear of sweets. I have a fear of dumping.

Food for the day-

eggs and cottage cheese

corned beef and cabbage

not sure on dinner.

Lisa91941
on 3/20/21 8:50 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning from this post shot one girl! My daughter figured out the system here in San Diego and got nine of us lined up over two days for shots in the arm. I got the Moderna shot and return on April 16 for the second. I'm feeling very hopeful and happy this morning. Today is a relax and self care kind of day. I've got a foot massage followed by a pedi. Can't wait. I did about 20 minutes of yoga as soon as I woke up, and I'm calling that my exercise for the day. There will be dog walks, but all at a nice slow, let them smell the flowers pace.

QOTD: sweet foods. Except for a bit of chocolate, sweet based foods make my tummy flip.

menu

B: jerky and whips for the low cal, high protein value.

the rest of the day is going to be winging it. I saw a chipotle's down the street. Could be calling my name.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 3/20/21 12:53 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay my 2nd Moderna shot is Thursday and I'm so excited!

Lisa91941
on 3/20/21 5:17 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

I literally cried I was so happy!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4