What's on your Monday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/22/21 3:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Monday morning everyone! Hope this week starts well for all of us.

I'm dealing with a lot of pain today. 8 days until my surgery and I'm a little apprehensive...guess that's normal for any surgery. My eating over the weekend was not great. Sleep isn't great but that's nothing new.

Need to get my lab work done some time today. Thankfully it's not fasting. Also have to call in and pick up some prescriptions. We have the kids in some aspect every day this week. It's gonna be a long week!

QOTD: What's the clumsiest thing you've done?

when I was a teenager I dropped a whole frozen brisket on my left foot and broke a few bones. Either that or when I fell last year in front of Sams.

B: just egg, turkey sausage, gf toast and coffee

L: beef stew

D: split pea soup with vegan cheese and a tbs of faux sour cream

S: pizza meatball(s), popcorn and ???

have a great day everyone!

MadisonRose
on 3/22/21 3:47 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Monday we meet again. Had a very busy weekend. My brother came over with his dog Saturday and we had lunch together. Then we took the dog for a long walk on the trails around my house. It was nice. Then Sunday I met my friend for lunch and got to finally meet her little girl who was born this past December. It was a lovely day catching up! Other than that I got some chores done around the house and laundry. Ordered groceries Friday and half my groceries were missing. I was not happy! Accountability over the weekend was so so. Not horrible, but not great either.

QOTD: I've had so many clumsy moments that it's hard to pick just one! Lol. I have fallen quite a few times. I once fell down my parents back steps that lead into the garage and landed on my knees on the concrete floor. That hurt!! Then I also fell at work several years ago....landed on my knees again. My poor knees haven't been the same ever since. To this day I am still unable to kneel down and put any pressure on my knees. It's just too painful. Looking back I probably should have gone to the doctor.

B: coffee & protein shake

L: protein shake

D: oatmeal

S: L&F yogurt or some almonds

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

supershopper
on 3/22/21 4:29 am

hi all weekend was good- sat we bought inventory for our business but that involved 2 trips to the place so a but time consuming. sunday I worked a bit in the AM, prepped some food, went to the gym, got grocery pickup.

QOTD: I pulled a pumpkin out of the back of our van growing up, twisted my ankle and fell, then the pumpking rolled down the street. I tore the ligaments in it. another time I broke my pinky playing dodgeball at school.

food plan today:

B: 1/2 oat chia oatmeal

coffee

b2: eggs/laughing cow wedge

l: chicken

s:

d: ribeye steak/ veggies

s: unsure

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

KalesD
on 3/22/21 5:21 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

QOTD: I am clumsy as all else.. the worst thing I've done though is I knocked a surgeon in the head with the c-arm while I was trying to change its position.. if I'm being honest he shouldn't of been standing there.. so am I clumsy or was it his fault? Juries still out.

B: fairlife latte

S: 1/2 Greek yogurt bagel w/ 1/2 slice light havarti

L: 20g spinach, 15g light feta, 2 oz chicken, 5ml evoo and balsamic vinegar

S: 120g skyr, 15g PB, 40g blueberries

D: Spicy Ground Turkey & cauli rice

S: 1/2 an apple, 1tbsp PB

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Emiepie
on 3/22/21 5:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We had a pretty low key weekend, we decided to wait and play our crime game next weekend because my hubby was dealing with a sinus infection all weekend. He finally got some meds (steroid and antibiotic yesterday).

QOTD: I'm clumsy everyday- lol

TSS: 6 years, 7 months

B: Sf latte, Jimmy Dean scramble, and an apple

L: Deli turkey, spinach salad with Feta cheese, SF pudding, and a pear

S: SF iced latte, protein puffs, carbmaster cottage cheese, and a plum

D: Roasted/pulled pork, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: PT exercises and elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1307 Protein:123 Carbs: 106 Fat:48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 3/22/21 6:08 am

Mernin' y'all, happy Monday!

QOTD - I'm generally clumsy when I'm out of my element. For example, trying to build things like the raised garden bed this weekend. I am not to be trusted around power tools. I have great intentions, I simply don't need to be around them.

Breakfast - fasting so water, hot black coffee

Lunch - hitting up Demos! Greek food, probably Greek salad minus feta, and falafel.

Snack - cut up veggies and hummus (brought from home)

Snack - mandarins, pepitas and an apple

Dinner - Mint chocolate kale smoothie

Really trying to take it easy on my body as far as food. I think I'm dealing with some food sensitivities, and until I can get into the dr. and have some testing done, I'm trying to pinpoint them. Dealing with some inflammation, and joint pain and bloating. Who knows, it could be in my head but still trying to eat as many fruits veggies as possible while minimizing my breads/carbs even processed vegan stuff. So loading up on the good stuff, minimizing the processed stuff as much as possible.

Hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 3/22/21 6:54 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Boy, I'm tired today. I could go right back to bed. Not sure if its the change in weather or what. Speaking of clumsy, I just bit the inside of my mouth as I was typing this. This is my last work week before Spring Break, so hoping that it goes smoothly.

Event 21.2 went pretty well, I got 194 reps. Annie Thorisdottir isn't hearing footsteps yet, but I felt pretty good about how I did. We haven't done anything with barbells or pull-ups yet, so I think that event 21.3 is almost certainly going to be some variant on Fran. Yikes.

QOTD: when I was a kid, I kicked the wrong way to stop my bike and launched my face through a window.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Snack: nuts

Dinner: Mahi Burger

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 3/22/21 6:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

I'm walking with a new friend this morning at 10:00. I met her online (on Bumble - they have a "friend" module in addition to their ever-popular "dating" module, but unfortunately, I've only met three people on it in the year or so I've been on it. Evidently it's not used much - or at least among people in my age group...). She's a recently retired physician from California *****cently moved here. Maybe to be near a kid? Or maybe she grew up here? Guess I'll find out soon enough...).

I was hoping to get a lot of biking in this week before the temps normalize (it's been unseasonably warm here the last few days), but it's supposed to rain the next two days. Boo. Guess I'll need to wait a couple more weeks..

I think I'm going to take one of the last two (big) pieces of carrot cake over to a friend's today. It's been really difficult working it into my daily calorie range, so I give up. I'll keep the one piece. I'm OK with going a bit over range - or struggling to make it work - for another day or two, but I can't continue this. Too bad because it's great - but...

QOTD: I'm a kluttz, so it's hard to pick just one time...

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

L: ??? Maybe what I'd originally planned for breakfast before this walking date screwed up my menu plan for the day (I'm going to move my regular protein shake to the afternoon and have my planned lunch for breakfast since I'll need more calories/protein so I won't get hungry until noon-ish). So....plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote

AS: protein shake

D: 1 Costco chicken skewer, 1/4 C chickpeas, tomatoes, and cucumbers topped with tahini/lemon sauce

ex: walking! I may do weights later on today, too

have a great day, everyone!

Lisa91941
on 3/22/21 8:45 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning,

Brown dog is starting my day off with an unexpected trip to the vet. He's got an eye infection or something. I had no plans for today other finding cute sandals for upcoming vacation so that's easy enough to put off. I got 24.75 miles in yesterday. And yes, I am very proud of myself. My legs are killing me this morning. I made great food choices and worked in a couple of bites of extra yummy bites. One and done on them. Made my day a bit extra special.
QoTD: so many falls. I'm a bull in a China shop. My most recent was probably the face plant in a parking lot in front of my family for no reason we could discern. But both my husband and I notice I seem to be more graceful with the weight off. Another reason to persevere.

menu:

B: hb egg, 1/4 cottage cheese

L. TBD. Depends on where I am at with Monte (brown dog)

D: 4 ounces big breast, 4-4 tater tots, asparagus

Peace Everyone,

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 3/22/21 9:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the pups is ok. Great job on the mileage!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views