What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 4/3/21 4:57 am, edited 4/3/21 5:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!!

Well Easter cooking starts today (actually last night - I did a couple of preliminary prep things before I went to bed). I always get excited about making some cool meal, but then when I actually have to start working on it...UGH. So.much.work. I'm also meeting up later on today with that new Presbyterian minister who moved to town last weekend (we have a mutual friend in North Carolina), and I hope to get out on my bike today, too. And go pick up the new coffee maker I ordered online from Target. DH always has this need to thoroughly wash the coffee pot after each use (I have no idea why - I just rinse it well and stick it back in the maker right away). After compulsively washing it, he left it teetering in the draining part of the sink on top of a million other things, and of course it fell off and broke all over the floor. Sorry but - what an idiot. I told him a million times last night he was NOT going to do this again. That coffee maker wasn't cheap and we didn't have it all that long, either. I don't know why he has to be so OCD about cleaning everything, even to the point of doing clueless things just so things are "clean". Grrrr.

I had lunch with another new person yesterday - someone else whom I met on Bumble. She was great. We're lunching again in two weeks.

QOTD: any big plans for the weekend? Other than those I mentioned, just the dinner tomorrow. And maybe another bike ride tomorrow, too. I think it's supposed to be 70 degrees F. YAY!!! Spring!!

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: pumpkin protein shake

L: 1 serving "Thai & Cashew" salad kit topped with one Costco chicken skewer

AS: I'll probably have an iced latte at the coffee place (where I'm meeting the mininster) - so 2% milk. May have something at home afterward, too - probably L&F yogurt or 1/2 a protein muffin

D: that teriyaki salmon filet I've been posting about for days but still haven't eaten

have a great day, everyone!

KalesD
on 4/3/21 5:32 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I had my 6 month follow up on Thursday. My clinic said I have exceeded their expeditions thus far - at 6 months they like to see their patients lose 60lbs and have a BMI around 30. I've lost 67.5lbs and BMI of 24.9.. so that's a good thing. My iron was low end of normal so they're starting me on an iron supplement now... so that's exciting. The social worker and dietitian both told me I have built some good habits in the last 6 months, and both hope I continue weighing and measuring my food as they say patients are most successful when they do this.

Yesturday I was informed that one of our cardiologists at work tested positive for COVID and the whole department is to be swabbed as a precaution. I had my swab done yesterday.. I hope I have the results shortly as I'm supposed to leave Monday for my little birthday get away.. (birthday is on Wednesday) .. either way I spent most of yesterday in a panic.

I don't have a meal plan today.. it'll likely be the same as usual.. not feeling creative or motivated.

have a great weekend and happy Easter!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 4/3/21 5:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Yikes about the cardiologist. I've been a bit more relaxed lately about the rules (not a lot - but a little) because I've had shot #1 and a good chunk of our county has been vaccinated (and most are good about following CDC regulations, too), but I'm probably jumping the gun. I could still get it. Thanks for the (unintended) reminder!

KalesD
on 4/3/21 5:52 am
RNY on 09/30/20

You bet. This stemmed from a patient who tested + after their procedure last week. The patient was fully vaccinated - the cardiologist is fully vaccinated and I am as well... however the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting COVID, rather it decreases the chances of you needing hospital care if you were to develop symptoms. As far as I know everyone in this chain of events is asymptomatic. I nervously await my results!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

White Dove
on 4/3/21 9:08 am - Warren, OH

Glad you are having such great success. It is a great feeling to be so much lighter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MadisonRose
on 4/3/21 5:51 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! It's such a beautiful spring day here. A little chilly this morning, but nice. I think I'm going to go to a local coffee shop that I love and enjoy a cup of coffee and just sit and relax. Then I'm going to go for a walk. There are a lot of nice walking trails around my neighborhood and I think instead of getting on the treadmill I'm just going to take advantage of this beautiful weather and walk outside today. Tomorrow is dinner at my parents house. Mom always cooks a big Easter dinner....standing rib roast with all the trimmings. She even made a sugar free chocolate delight for dessert for me. Sigh....she's ruining me.

Accountability was much better yesterday. I'm finally down two pounds since getting back into my workout routine and back on track with my eating.

B: coffee & protein shake

L: another shake or tuna

D: leftover baked chicken & cauliflower rice

S: L&F Greek yogurt & some cantaloupe

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 4/3/21 6:30 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning from the airport ! Got a shock yesterday when I went to print out boarding passes. Our flight was moved up three hours! So a planned easy morning became an early morning hustle.
Such a nice birthday evening last night but one too many glasses of wine. Im back to my fighting weight, which is where I wanted to be start vacation.
QoTD: Dallas today, so hello vacation.

Menu:

B: beef jerky and whisps

lunch and dinner to TBD.
Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 4/3/21 9:09 am - Warren, OH

I am so glad you looked at your boarding passes. That would be a real shock, but the good thing is that you will get there sooner.

White Dove
on 4/3/21 9:06 am - Warren, OH
White Dove
on 4/3/21 9:07 am - Warren, OH

Thoroughly washing the coffee carafe is more like a spring cleaning thing, than an everyday thing. Rinsing it out and putting it back in the coffeemaker is completely acceptable. It is strange what some people think is necessary.

My boyfriend has to load the dishwasher his exact way with each piece of tableware lined up exactly the same. He also washes each item with dish soap and rinses it well before putting it in the dishwasher. I can never tell if the dishwasher has been run or not. So just let him deal with it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views