Anti-inflammatory meds

Tekish
on 4/9/21 3:57 pm

My surgeon had no issue with NSAIDs on occasion. Daily use he took exception too.

Tylenol, because of liver issues I have are ruled right out.

I distrust blanket "do not take" lists because they don't take into account personal situations.

I do trust my medical team and we discuss my needs and the available options.

Tek

sweetpotato1959
on 4/9/21 5:43 pm

Tekish,

Good approach!

I also will not take tylenol, does not work-...and i think i need my liver.

You are blessed indeed, if you can take a dose of nsaids without a gastric event after.. I began having gastritis after a single low dose of any nsaid. My surgeon retired for health reasons within a few years of my surgery, He gave me the tools and info i needed to make judgements and to seek other options from a regular care provider.

It became necessary for me to find other options after each dose of any nsaids- resulted in a 5 day gastritis.( I like rice but if a cup of rice is all one can eat a day,the diet i not good for anything except the gut. :>) .

After searching thru pharma options, I HAD to seek natural/homeopathic remedies.My health care professionals had no clue to any herbal or homeopathic options. Sometimes we must look outside the box..

sweetpotato1959
on 4/9/21 5:30 pm

Brandi, No NSAIDS, I have chronic health conditions ,am over 3 decades past a major gastric revision, a precursor to the RNY. There is good news. it works.. You must adhere to the plan and protecting the tool you have been given. I have both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, and a long standing Lyme . Muscle, and bone are parts of each disease process. I went thru a period of extreme pain due to increase in activity-job related, and my outcom was not good when I resorted to NSAIDS at highest dose to get thru the day of work...I ended up with an intestinal twist, a 5 day hospital visit hooked to low intermittent suction, and ulcer. Please believe me, You do not want to go there.!

forward several years and more arthritis signs and symptoms.. My family Dr gave me a protocol to use for severe pain, i could take it twice a week.. it included a stomach protectant, 200 motrin and 50mg ultram. It worked .I found i needed more stomach protectant( I used 30 mg Prevacid- it worked faster for me than any other option) for several days after a dose and i began looking for other options.

There is hope. I have found several things that help me ..in the herbal and natural remedy/homeopathic line of medications.Each one is short acting and i have found these effective and have not had gastric upset with any. I take all of them according to package directions , with food.I rarely need more than one dose per day.

. For migraine there is a "Migraine Relief" formula in homeopathic that is extremely effective..

For sinus pressure and headache i take Willow Bark capsules.-is a silicate/a natural one.I have found - to take with food does not cause gastric distress, when taken on an irregular basis. I have been using it about 6 years. and had no issue....I use it sparingly,and use 2 for one dose. I usually do not require another dose for at least 8 hours.

For bone pain, arthritic types I take a multi 5 type collagen , daily according to label instructions and take Moringa Oleifera, 2 capsules- usually once daily It is a natural anti-inflammatory .a leaf , able to get at Big box pharmacy.- about 7$ per bottle so not expensive to try. Very kind to intestines. Most herbals generally are highly effective for 4-6 hours. In days of extreme pain, will sometimes take a second dose late at night- for m that is rare..

My last resort is .. cbd oil, is anti-inflammatory on days of extreme weather changes. i can take one dose of each and go about my day relatively pain free.

It is not fun being in pain. Finding what works for you, will be a challenge.I hope this is able to assist you with your search.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views