What's on your Wednesday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/7/21 7:14 am - Amarillo, TX

I was instructed to remove the bandages after 48 hours and only put em back on if they started to drain. Luckily no drainage and they are healing very well according to my mom(she's a nurse). I'm beginning to think I might of had an allergic reaction to something they used...when I had the initial VSG and after the RNY revision I had a reaction to the glue. Not severe but got really itchy. Even though there are staples in one you can see some glue. Wow...I don't know why I didn't think about it before. I need to get some Benadryl cream for around the incisions...not on it but just around it. I get my staples out Tuesday and I can not wait. Also can't wait to get the stimulator turned up!

thanks!

Teenie
on 4/7/21 1:37 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

this happened to a co worker of mine when she had gallbladder removed. She was allergic to the glue. Hope it all works out.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

KalesD
on 4/7/21 6:41 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!
This is the view I enjoyed as I had my first coffee this morning..

We are having a fabulous time on our vacation. Today is my 30th birthday - I plan on spending it on a beautiful hike with my man. I kind of feel like poo from being off track food wise - but I am learning a lot of things on how I will travel in the future. I think I'm irrationally anxious because I haven't weighed in this week.. but unknown my food choices haven't been terrible either.. so it's mostly in my head I think. We head home tomorrow. I am excited to see my pup.. she is missed.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

b: cream cheese and blueberry stuffed French toast (1 slice..)

s: coffee with some caramel premier

l: protein bar

d: steak, potato & veg (tradition to have steak on my birthday!) and probably a bite of cake.

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

White Dove
on 4/7/21 7:31 am - Warren, OH

Happy 30th birthday. Have a fantastic day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 4/7/21 7:29 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I've noticed that we have had a few new posters recently, which is awesome!

Today we are getting our vaccines. It's about an hours drive, but its J&J, so we will only have to do it once. Tonight we have a mixology class for work. They sent us little kits and we will have a Zoom happy hour to assemble them. Should be fun. I like wine much better than ****tails, but I drink the ****tails much slower, so that is a good thing.

DD and her friends are excited about Baylor's national championship win on Monday night. After missing graduation, formals, spring trip and everything last year, this is nice little thing for them to have to spend some time together (at least online).

QOTD: We have been in our house 17 years, so basically everything. Clothes, books, wine, tools, weights. You name it.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Snack: Vaccine

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Snack: Protein Bar

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 4/7/21 8:14 am - Warren, OH

I hope the back and eye problems get better every day and are soon just a memory.

I always thought it would be fun to have a wine cellar. An old fashioned one in the basement with brick floors and rows and rows of old wood shelving lined with hundreds of bottles of wine. I don't even care that much for wine, but love the look of old-fashioned wine cellars. Not the modern ones that people have today.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 4/7/21 4:17 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi All,

QOTD: this is hard I am not sure...

as yesterday still on full liquids. This means my diet is basically the same everyday.

B: 1/4 c light n fit vanilla Greek yogurt

S: calcium caramel chew x2 (this is not really a snack ;-))

L: 1/4 c strained cream of chicken souo

D: 1/4 c SF chocolate pudding

in the evening I have my dark chocolate calicium bar (so yummy) and lots of ice with Gatorade zero. It is a treat to me. Otherwise, lots of water during the day.

After reading everyone's post I know I need to establish a workout routine. Not super big on walking or running. Really waiting to be able to lift weights. I am still on the 10lb restrictions. Going to 25lb restrictions next week....so maybe able to start light if the surgeon says it's ok.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 26 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?