What's on your photo Friday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/9/21 2:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hope the day is treating you well so far!

I'm pretty certain my right eye is still bleeding but I have to give the laser time to work I guess. I get a treatment in my left eye later this morning. I'd like a week without appointments! lol

I am up way to early and kind of hurting and i'm still super itchy. I can't wait for the stimulator programming Tuesday! Also staples coming out! Woot!

QOTD: If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?

James Earl Jones I think. Or Ian McKellan.

I'll be making the egg roll in a bowl this evening as I didn't get to it yesterday.

B: just egg, chicken breakfast sausage, gf toast and coffee with orgain protein drink used as cramer

L: the rest of the protein drink with some fruit

D: egg roll in a bowl with 96% ground beef

S: lunch meat and GF flatbread and ???

oldies but goodies.

Melody P.
on 4/9/21 3:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Wanted to add this too.

Christina135
on 4/9/21 5:09 am

Good morning, and happy Friday!

QOTD - Michelle Obama please. I just adore her.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - I've got no plans. I haven't planned anything for lunch, or snacks or dinner. It's been a weird week so I'm gonna say that for the rest of the day it will focus on veggies, some type of carbs like noodles, or potatoes and that's gonna be as good as it gets. And I will throw a mint chocolate kale smoothie in there somewhere!

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 4/9/21 5:46 am, edited 4/8/21 10:47 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Happy Fri-Yay! As it happens, my last car payment is due on May 2nd. On the statement, it said that the payment amount was $798.05. But the immediate payoff amount was $798.42, and that expired on April 16th. Knowing that unravelled details make Marilyn crazy, i told her that after she made the payment, they were going to send her a dunning letter for 37 cents, but because the interest would keep changing, they would go back and forth with her all summer sending and retrieving checks for fractions of a penny.

Well, I guess I should have known better than to get her riled up about this because she called the bank and made the final payment immediately. So we had two car payments this month.

We aren't going to start going back to the office until September. When we do, we are going to concept called permanent hoteling. What that means is that every day you get a different workspace. RIP my beautiful 58th floor view of Millennium Park and South Lakeshore Drive. As part of permanent hoteling, we received a survey in the mail asking whether we wanted to come into the office and clean off the tops of our desks, schedule a conference call to discuss it (the option I should have chose), or have the items on your desk shipped home.

I chose the last option because it seemed the easiest. I thought that the things on my desk would fill an envelope, maybe a box for the pictures of my kids. Think again:

Apparently, they shipped everything that was in my office, desk drawers, bookcases, etc. So I have my project for the weekend. On the plus side, there was a bag of calcium chews in one of the boxes. They are a little firm after 14 months, but maybe I can soften them in the microwave or something. Needless to say, Marilyn finds this more disturbing than the 37 cents.

We were a little tired and out of it yesterday from our vaccines. Feeling better today, just a little sore around the injection.

QOTD: Fran Drescher.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Hello Fresh

Dinner: wine and cheese

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/9/21 5:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow you'll get to go down a short memory lane ride. I hope the vaccine side effects continue to diminish today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 4/9/21 6:43 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Yes, 23 years of work in those boxes. There is a tube of toothpaste that is really old, I will have to check out the expiration date.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 4/9/21 7:08 am - Warren, OH

That brought back an old memory from one of my first office jobs. I remember a new lady coming to work in the department. She looked at the desk of one of the other ladies in the office and said, "I could not work with all that clutter on my desk".

It was a dumb remark for her to make, because the lady with the cluttered desk was very well-liked and very hurt by the remark. The clutter was a lamp that her mother had made for her and a flower arrangement from her mother. The new lady was immediately not liked and was soon transferred out. Everyone had decided not to like the "new *****".

I just looked at all those boxes and for a minute thought, that must have been one cluttered desktop. I laughed when you said it was the whole contents of your office. I also remember when we would move to a new office, fill up packing boxed like that and then have to spend a few days unpacking. If the office was on the same floor, sometimes we moved the boxes on office chairs with wheels.

Another funny story was that the office cleaning people were union, so office people were not allowed to do any cleaning. The union cleaners were not in any big hurry to actually clean. The offices were attached to the factory so dust and dirt got spread around. One lady moved to a different office and moved the fling cabinet to a different location. The floor under where the cabinet had been was filthy and it stayed that way all week. She decided to sneak in on Saturday with her own mop and bucket and clean up the area.

When the union people saw a clean floor on Monday, there was a major uproar. They were well aware of the dirty floor and knew none of them had cleaned it. The company had to pay a big fine to the union for violating the rules.

One morning I was a big crowd of workers standing in the hallway arguing. A bat had gotten into the building, flew into one of the electric ceiling lights and died. The various union reps were arguing about whose job it was to get the bat out. The cleaning union guys said they did not work that close to electricity and the electrical union said it was a cleaning job. Nobody's contract said anything about removing a dead animal.

The cleaners would not turn off the electricity and their work rules only allowed them a certain ladder height. The electrical union could use a higher ladder, but they did not want to do a cleaning job. We went to work and at noon the bat was gone, so they must have agreed on a way to get it down without violating union contracts.

One of the plum union jobs was that of an oiler. When a machine needed oil, only an oiler was allowed to put oil on it. And only an electrical worker was allowed to turn the switch off. The machine repair people would have to sit and wait for an electrician to show up and turn off the power and sometimes hours for a oiler to ride up on his golf cart with his oil can.

It was a strange system that became so inefficient that it was destined to fail and it did.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 4/9/21 8:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My take on your post: Marilyn deserves a medal.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 4/9/21 2:31 pm - Amarillo, TX

Hope you guys continue to feel better!

Emiepie
on 4/9/21 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning!Happy Fri-yay! Looking forward to some relaxation this weekend. We ordered another crime game that should be here tomorrow so planing to play Sunday since it's Em's day off.

QOTD: I can't think of anyone at the moment.

TSS: 6 years, 7 months

B: Sf latte, Jimmy Dean scramble, and an apple

L: Deli meat ham, spinach salad with shredded cheddar cheese, SF pudding, and a pear

S: SF iced latte, Whisps, carbmaster yogurt, and a plum

D: Breakfast, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Magic spoon cereal, Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1410 Protein:121 Carbs: 104 Fat:60

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?