What's on your Wednesday menu?

catwoman7
on 4/21/21 4:22 am, edited 4/21/21 4:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Melody mentioned yesterday that she might not be able to start us off for a couple of days, so figured I'd jump in.

My brother arrived around dinner time last night (from NC). He met my mom and sister for dinner - I stayed home because I've really been struggling with my weight lately, and I know there'll be more eating out while he's here. I want join them occasionally, but not every night. Last night wasn't that important, so I just stayed home and had a salad with a chicken skewer. So glad I did...

DH and I are leaving around 8:30 to drive to a town about an hour away so I can get COVID shot #2. I wish I could have gotten these vaccines in town, but demand is super high in my county, so places were scheduling a month out - so, no. I've kept my schedule clear tomorrow in case I have a reaction. I still have my classes in the morning, but I should be able to swing those regardless since they're online.

QOTD: What's something you eat a lot more of now than you did before surgery? Greek yogurt for me. I eat it every day - and sometimes more than once a day. I eat it so much that I started making my own a couple of years ago...much cheaper that way! I'm going to try making skyr next - my rennet is supposed to arrive today!!!

B: I'm trying to think of something that's going to stick with me for awhile. I may stir some tahini into Greek yogurt - or else maybe an Aldi's version of an Egg McMuffin. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake

L: if we stop somewhere on the way home, maybe some Mexican place where I can get a street taco. If we're home, either Madras lentils or a Costco chicken skewer and tzatziki sauce in 1/2 pita

AS: 1/2 protein muffin and L&F yogurt

D: boy I have no idea. I'm kind of leaving this open in case the fam decides to go out to dinner. If not, I'll have whichever pita creation I don't have for lunch (i.e., either with a chicken skewer or some Madras lentils)

ex: cardio. I'm already ahead of schedule today (I've been doing it 4x a week), but since tomorrow might be a bust after this shot, I'll go ahead and do it today.

Have a great day, everyone!

supershopper
on 4/21/21 5:10 am

hi all

quick one for me-

QOTD- things that are pickled other than pickles.

things that are spicy I now like. cottage cheese.

food plan today: I fasted with just coffee and water till 10 yesterday and I think? maybe it helped with my food in the evening?

today:

b; coffee water

b chicken sausage/mini pits rounds

b2: shrimp veggies

l: shake with kasha keto on top

d:pork veggies

s: unsure

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Emiepie
on 4/21/21 5:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for starting the thread, I hope Melody feels better.

QOTD: Cottage cheese

TSS: 6 years, 7 months

B: Sf latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and an apple

L: Spinach salad with turkey and feta cheese, SF pudding, and a pear

S: Mixed nuts, carbmaster yogurt, SF beef sticks, and a plum

D: Ham sandwich, sliced orange/ banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1402 Protein:112 Carbs: 109 Fat:62

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 4/21/21 6:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

So. Much. Cottage. Cheese. LOL. I literally had never touched the stuff prior to surgery. Turned my stomach just looking at it. Now, as long as it's savory, I eat it all the time!

Emiepie
on 4/21/21 9:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Same!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 4/21/21 6:05 am

Morning errybody!

QOTD - carbs. Prior to surgery and even for years after, I stayed away from carbs. I did Atkins and keto and low carb for so long it was just burned into my brain that carbs were the devil. NOW, I realize all carbs are not the same, I need them to function and I eat them every single day! The good carbs, (whole grains, from fruit, etc.). And yes, of course every now and then I indulge in the happy carbs, because life.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water

Lunch - leftovers. Vegan tacos and all fixins on corn. (working from home today so cleaning out fridge)

Snack - mint chocolate kale smoothie

Snack - strawberries and grapes

Dinner - sandwich Lettuce, tomato, vegan cheese and vegan mayo on multi grain toast, with pretzels. Maybe some veggie soup.

I hope you all have a fantastic day. You guys that are doing IF, you're inspiring ME! I hope you are all feeling great. Give it a few weeks, you're gonna be in for an amazing journey! love love!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Greateight
on 4/21/21 6:09 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I'm 55 today. It doesn't really feel like a milestone. Mandatory retirement at work is age 60, so I've gone from GreatEight to GreatFive over that last three years. But thats as of September 30th in the year that you turn 60 anyways.

I'm not sure if we are doing anything to celebrate. Its pretty cold today, so it may be better to wait a few days until the weather improves.

The ingot arrived yesterday. It's tiny, but cute.

QOTD: Cottage cheese, Bai water, protein bars, sugar free pudding.

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: leftover steak if we have it

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 4/21/21 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Happy birthday!!!!

I didn't know places still had mandatory retirement - or at least not for people that young - but hey - I'd take it! 60 is a great time to retire - you still have a lot of good years left!

Lisa91941
on 4/21/21 6:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Happy Birthday!!! Celebrate for the whole week. You deserve it.

Christina135
on 4/21/21 6:51 am

Wishing you a very happy birthday!! I wish you a day surrounded by joy, laughter and love!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views