What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/25/21 3:21 am - Amarillo, TX

That is my cats to a T!

Not much at all planned today. Will likely to laundry but that is about it.

I broke down and ordered a better eye patch...should be here tomorrow.

QOTD: What smell brings back great memories?

For me it's a mix of motor oil and gasoline. My grandpa tinkered a lot so he always had those attached to him.

B: just egg, chicken sausage and GF toast...coffee later

L: split pea soup with ham

D: probably the same as lunch

S: popcorn and ???

catwoman7
on 4/25/21 5:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

Boy do I feel bloated this morning. UGH! The family is getting together at my house for reubens tonight in memory of my father (he died four years ago today, and he loved reuben sandwiches. My brother wasn't here for his birthday (when we also got together to celebrate my father), so we decided to get together to celebrate his life today as well). Unfortunately, that means more salt (corned beef, swiss cheese, dressing, sauerkraut...). I'd better really push the fluids today - and just have half a sandwich at dinner! And eat lightly the rest of the day, too!

otherwise, we're getting together for coffee later on this morning. Other than that, I'm not sure. I don't have anything to do in the way of cooking since I made the potato salad last night. The sammies we'll put together when everyone gets here, and everything else is being brought by other people. Maybe I'll go for a bike ride today if the temps are OK...

QOTD: this sounds very weird, but I used to always think of my great grandmother (who died when I was 16) when I smelled potting soil, because she LOVED gardening. In fact, she was out working in her garden the morning she died (she was one of the lucky ones who was active and healthy until the day she died - when she just dropped dead of a massive stroke - no nursing home, no lingering on, no extended illnesses - just BOOM).

B: I think I'll have my protein shake first because I'm feeling too uncomfortable to eat. Coffee with half & half.

MS: homemade vanilla skyr with fresh raspberries, more coffee with half & half (the latter at the coffee place)

L: well, I was thinking about ham, but the last thing I need today is even more sodium. So maybe the last piece of yogurt pie?

AS: 1/2 protein muffin, L&F yogurt

D: 1/2 a reuben sandwich, 1/2 C potato salad, some of the strawberry salad my mother is bringing, small piece of cake

have a great day, everyone!

KalesD
on 4/25/21 6:13 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I did most of my weekend chores yesterday.. so today's plan includes picking up dog food (she's raw fed from a local supplier..) and laundry. I might try and convince the bf that we should go for a drive.. it's looking pretty miserable out and I hate being stuck in the house..

QOTD: gasoline on a cold winters day. Reminds me of skidoo'ing as a kid. Or opium perfume.. reminds me of my mom. We don't talk anymore.. but my head spins to find her when I get a whiff of that.

b: fairlife latte

S: protein pancake

l: left over burrito bowl (no rice)

s: cheese string

d: shredded chicken lettuce cups

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

MadisonRose
on 4/25/21 6:53 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. May try to walk outside if the weather holds up.

QOTD: Lavender....I remember as a child my grandmothers bedroom smelling of lavender. Coincidentally it was also painted a shade of lavender. So whenever I smell that scent now I think of her.

B: fasting until noon. Black coffee, hot tea and water

L: protein shake

D: ??? Maybe tuna

S: L&F Greek yogurt & fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 4/25/21 7:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Morning! Had a wonderful time with the grandkids yesterday and also our visit with friends we haven't seen in a year! Sat around the campfire and just grabbed. Today is busy with 25 mile bike ride and then cleaning up for a late birthday celebration with other friend we haven't seen. We are definitely feeling the freedom of us all being vaccinated! I'm going to need a quiet day tomorrow to rest up!

QoTD: school supplies. I never liked school, but I loved the fresh paper and pencils and such.

menu. Very on the fence today. I really screwed myself up yesterday starting with carbs for breakfast and really never recovered. So here's my plan

B: beef jerky for energy for the ride.

L: street taco

D: my friend is making her famous tortilla soup. Should be a perfect for my currently picky pouch!

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 4/25/21 10:28 am - Warren, OH

Yesterday I listened to an Audible book by Jennifer Anniston called Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50. Not particularly entertaining but a lot of information. One of the dangers of IF is anorexia. I am not worried about that but do see how not having an appetite could lead to staving yourself.

I am still aiming for 12 hours but often go 14 or 15 now. I am drinking a lot of water and trying different herbal teas. I do make sure that the food I am taking in during my eating window is mainly good nutrition, but don't have any food that I do not allow myself.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?