Universal Studios Orlando Food

voicecrowe
on 4/25/21 10:58 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Okay all, I'm going to Orlando in September and will be 6 months post op by that time. My question is, will I be able to enjoy anything in small portions while I'm there? I knoooow I KNOW that the whole point of surgery is to change my food habits and I am. That's not what this is about. It's about one trip that I want to just let myself be human for the weekend so please no scolding or lecturing. Our main go to will be Harry Potter world. I know nothing will be bariatric friendly and I plan on taking protein bars and drinking lots of water, etc to stay on top of nourishment. But like, can I enjoy a drink? A brew? A sip of butterbeer? A bite or two of cauldron cake? I just want to be able to enjoy stuff in small portions and I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully indulged in small portions around 6 months post op??

White Dove
on 4/25/21 2:24 pm - Warren, OH

At six months after surgery your pouch will be completely healed and you can eat or drink anything you want.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 4/26/21 6:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Have fun at Harry Potter, that sounds awesome! You will most likely find that you get intoxicated fairly quickly when you drink alcohol.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Tekish
on 4/26/21 6:47 am

On a daily basis I would not go near any of the foods you mention. Not no way, not no how.

Vacations, however, are a horse of a different color. While my surgical restrictions are still in place I explore different than normal foods and drinks. I have fruity alcoholic drinks, I have cognac after dinner, I have desert. For meals, I make 'interesting' choices, explore local foods, whatever. I still leave a lot on the plate but that is life.

We can't tell you if you can eat or drink anything. My eating and drinking at 6 months wa**** and miss. Plus, I dump. Generally, taking a small taste was doable most times but I would not want to dump in the middle of a theme park.

I've never been anywhere that I could not find something my plan would allow.

Good luck, enjoy your trip.

Tek

Teenie
on 4/26/21 11:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I agree with White Dove However There may be consequences. Dumbing is real and can ruin at least a few hour of you day.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Kathleen W.
on 5/1/21 5:53 pm - Lancaster, PA

I did Harry Potter a year after my surgery. It's doable. Have just enough to enjoy it and not be deprived. I was able to share with my husband so I have the urge to eat and drink everything. You know yourself better than anyone and what you can handle. ENJOY it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Partlypollyanna
on 5/2/21 3:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I would recommend not trying a new food group while on vacation that early on. Try a few bites of something similar at home to se how you will react (I have dUmping and RH, not everyone does). I prefer to risk spending quality time in my bathroom than in a public one. Also, unless they have a sugar free option, I'd give the butter beer a wide pass - anecdotally it seems sugary liquids cause more issues than a bite of sugar foods. Regardless, enjoy yourself! Active vacations are so much easier post WLS!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 382 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?