What's on your Wednesday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/28/21 3:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone! Hope you're all doing well.

My mom is wanting to get some flowers today for the yard...I'm just along for the ride lol. I do not have a green thumb anymore. I'm hoping to swing by a certain grocery store but not sure that'll happen...Time will tell. We're supposed to get a good amount of rain today which we desperately need. Not much severe weather so I'm thankful for that.

I've been in a lot of pain the past few days...sleeping with my bed inclined is hard on my back. Not a lot of good sleep.

QOTD: If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you choose?

This is a hard one for me...does Amazon count? If it does I'd be totally down for that! LOL. I like World Market a lot so for a brick and mortar that'd be my choice.

B: just egg, chicken sausage and gluten free toast - coffee

L: not sure as of right now

D: we are going to make some Tex-Mex stuff and I'll make a few jalapeño poppers with half a slice of bacon on each. Probably two whole peppers for today and tomorrow. That may be my dinner in totality. We'll see

S: avocado oil popcorn bag, raspberries and a chai tea.

KalesD
on 4/28/21 3:48 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

It's supposed to get up to 22 degrees today (C not F!) so I'm pretty excited about the fact that I'm off today. Going to help my dad via FaceTime with some excel stuff & hopefully read out on the balcony for a few hours. I'm headed for week 3 day 1 run shortly. It's set for a 5 minute warm up, run 1.5 min, walk 15. Min, run 2.5 min walk 2.5 x2, run 1.5 min walk 1.5 min and 5 min cool down.. I don't know if I can run for 2.5 min ? but I better go before I gets too hot.

QOTD: lululemon. My god I love their leggings. But they're so expensive

b: fairlife latte, 1/2 slice protein bread w 1/4 avocado and a lightly fried egg

S: cheese string and raspberries

l: 2oz ground beef, 30g lettuce, 1 pickle , 15g cheddar and 1tbsp dressing

s: 120g skyr, 1tbsp pb and 40g strawberries

d: 2oz chicken breast, 1/4c mashed potatoes

s: probably not needed

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

lmfontana4
on 4/28/21 5:49 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

KalesD

i am curious where you got your running program. My husband has a book called The Lore of Running (I think). It sounds like your program. They have programs to get you in condition to run anything from a 2K to a marathon.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

KalesD
on 4/28/21 6:14 pm
RNY on 09/30/20

I'm just doing the 5k runner app.. by fitness 22. It was like 10$ for 4 months.. it's pretty good so far! I like the voice prompts .. but some of the motivation ones are a bit annoying.. 'you're worth it' .. look lady I'm just trying to breathe here... anyway! I was able to do 2.5 minutes.. was proud of myself today

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

lmfontana4
on 4/28/21 7:00 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Lol on the motivational prompts!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

MadisonRose
on 4/28/21 5:27 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Super quick post.

QOTD: Definitely Amazon or Bath and Body Works

B: fasting until noon. Black coffee, hot tea & water

L: protein shake or tuna

D: baked salmon & veggies

S: L&F Greek yogurt & fruit

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

wrkinprogress
on 4/28/21 5:32 am

Good morning Melody and menu peeps.

Sorry to hear you are still having pain Mel (can I call you that?) but I'm curious if you would maybe be able to sleep in a reclined Lazy Boy chair,,,, I'd think that you might have better support and know that my mom does that when she can't sleep in bed.

I'm here to check in early since my days just seem to snowball at work. Last week was my 2 month check in with the doctor who I get my Optifast shakes from and she is happy with my progress but wants me to continue one more month before adding any meals back in..... sigh. I have been allowing myself a piece of fish and salad once a week as a treat and it hasn't hurt any of the progress. Tomorrow is a follow-up appointment with the plastic surgeon at a large hospital, thankfully OHIP approved my panniculectomy so this will be the first appointment since hearing the news via his nurse. Exciting... I have sooo many questions so I better make a list tonight.

Last night I really didn't feel like going to the gym but it was the slot with my trainer so I had no choice...it had just been a problem-filled day at work and I was exhausted mentally. I dragged my butt there right after work and we started with our normal cardio warm-up but then he headed straight for the landmine,, slapped on some weights and said we are doing 12 landmine presses supersetted with 12 RDLs (x 4 sets) so I knew I was in for a pretty intense workout. An hour later, the day's stress had pretty much dissipated so exercise really does help! We have a session again tonight so I'm curious as to what he has in mind.

QOTD: Hmmmm maybe Costco (including online) so I can just renovate everything including my yard.

Menu - Optifast X 3

Lots of water

Melody P.
on 4/28/21 6:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I do go by Mel a lot so it's totally fine with me :o)

Melody P.
on 4/28/21 6:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Oh and congratulations on the approval! That's fantastic!

wrkinprogress
on 4/28/21 8:54 am

Thank you!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 317 views