What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/29/21 3:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu crew! Hope today finds you doing well.

I get a shot in the right eye today to prepare for the surgery. Tomorrow I get one in the left one because it's swelling. Not looking forward to sitting for that long today but it has to be done. Other than that there is not much planned today.

QOTD: Who's the most interesting person you've ever met?

I have to say it's still my grandpa. He was just such a character. After all the crap he went through in life he still had a child like quality. When we were in Yellowstone it was just the coolest thing to see him see something for the first time. He was so amazed by old faithful and the crows(he just loved birds). I have so many good memories with him. I miss him terribly.

b: just egg, chicken sausage, gf toast, reduced sugar strawberry jam - coffee

l: gf chicken tenders, BBQ sauce and raspberries

d: something with the poblano pepper I have left...might stuff it with some chicken or something along those lines

s: popcorn, banana and maybe a chai tea

Melody P.
on 4/29/21 3:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Here is my grandpa during WWII and a few years before his passing.

wrkinprogress
on 4/29/21 5:38 am

I have similar memories of my grandfather who was also in the 2nd WW. Stories were intriguing and he was such a hard worker but also a vibrant character like your grandfather. They definitely impacted our lives more than they'd ever realize!

Btw I do see the family resemblance from his picture to yours :)

Melody P.
on 4/29/21 6:13 am - Amarillo, TX

He really was very special to me...he saved my life as a teenager and understood mental illness and had compassion. He was my hero! Not a perfect man but he was perfectly him. He could also eat ALL the candy...how I wish I inherited his metabolism! LOL

Some of the people of that generation sure had some experiences that I can't even imagine going through!

KalesD
on 4/29/21 3:50 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

It's a foggy blah day here so far - kind of glad I'll be in the windowless lab all day! I tentatively think I might run again today but we shall see - in addition to yesterday's 3.5km run I also walked 6.5km with a friend in the evening.. so we shall see what my energy level is like post work.

QOTD: my grandma.

b: fairlife latte, 1/2 slice protein bread, 7gPB 1/2 small banana

S: 120g skyr, 15g PB, 53g strawberries

l: 2oz ground beef, 30g butter lettuce, 10g cheese, 20ml salsa and 20ml skyr

S: cheese string, 40g raspberries, 15ml at coffee creamer & a coffee

d: 2oz chicken breast, 40g mashed potatoes

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 4/29/21 4:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Today is the last day of spring semester classes. Boo. I hope to get more of the readings done before they take the Web sites down (some of the readings were uploaded there). Exams are next week (which I don't have to take since I'm auditing), so they should be up for at least that long - so I should be able to get to a lot of them if I set my mind to it.

I am feeling horribly bloated this morning, and my weight is way up. Calories have been in range for the last three days (not as good before - too much eating out while my brother was here), and I've gotten a ton of exercise this week. Part of me is tempted to just do protein shakes today - but maybe just eating very low sodium and really pushing the fluids is a better idea. I hope this is only temporary - as of this morning I have 14 lbs to lose instead of 10. I CANNOT let this get out of control...

QOTD: I live in a city with a major research university, so I meet really interesting people all the time - people from all over the world. I can't really pick just one - so many would qualify for this!

this is the menu if I don't decide to do protein shakes all day (which I'm leaning against - I don't want to get into that mindset again):

B: vanilla skyr with 1/2 mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: bean & cheese burrito (may have to rethink this - sodium)

AS: protein bran/pumpkin muffin

D: well, I had 1/2 a turkey pastrami reuben and 1/2 C low-fat cole slaw on my list, but I definitely need to rethink the reuben. A Costco chicken skewer wouldn't be much better (well, it would calorie-wise, but not sodium-wise). Ugh. I don't know...at least I have a few hours to contemplate this...

ex: I've been hitting this hard the last few days - so I may take the day off or just take a long walk

have a good day, everyone!

Greateight
on 4/29/21 5:18 am, edited 4/28/21 10:19 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

It's hard to believe that my son only has one week of school left and his freshman year in college is over. The caravan out to Denver to pick him and his stuff up will leave from our house in a week from tomorrow, I think.

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were just moving him in. My daughter never really lived at home after the beginning of sophomore year, and I never lived at my parent's houses much more than that either, so I am going to enjoy having him home much as possible this summer.

My younger son baked this cinnamon loaf for his cooking class that was really good. Marilyn is lobbying him to make another loaf. I have mixed feelings about that.

I have to give a presentation to a local college's Masters program tonight. I am subbing in for somebody, but fortunately the slides are all prepared. It should be about a 75 minute talk.

QOTD: I'm going to have to think on that a little. I have met some semi-famous business people through work.

Breakfast: Mahi burger

Lunch: PBJ

Dinner:chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

wrkinprogress
on 4/29/21 5:53 am

Enjoy all the time you can with your kids while they still want to be around home!! Time flies once they are in the working world and don't need our direction as much. I had some bigtime empty nest syndrome but thankfully that was about the time I started this process and added the gym to my routine.

Lisa91941
on 4/29/21 6:17 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Mixed feelings, LOL. I know exactly what you mean. I'm almost out of the little chocolates I've been having one of each night. Do I tell my husband? He'll run out and get 2 more bags, because he wants me to be happy. But if there are no more, than I'll have to find a new nightly ritual and maybe I'll pick one that is carrots. Probably not, but maybe!

Emiepie
on 4/29/21 9:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am glad you'll have the summer with your son, time sure flies! I hope your presentation goes well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 383 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 83 views
Recent Topics