What's on your Monday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/3/21 3:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

It was a rough night last night. I had a lot of leg cramps and pain. Yesterday ended up rough with the pain as well. I have my women's doctor visit today at 3. Not looking forward to that what so ever. I will be glad when it's done and over with.

Other than the doctors visit nothing else is planned for the day. We were up to 94 yesterday and it's nots supposed to get above 60 today. Gotta love spring.

QOTD: What's your favorite genre of movie?

I'm not sure. I'd have to say historical type stuff...like Apollo 13 and saving private Ryan. Not necessarily the violent war movies. I just love history.

b: tofu scramble, chicken sausage and GF toast - coffee before

l: chicken tenders and the rest of the egg roll in a bowl

d: not sure on this one yet

s: pretzels with mustard and ???

MadisonRose
on 5/3/21 3:30 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Got up extra early this morning and got my workout in. Going to try doing them in the mornings again instead of on my lunch break since I've read it's better to workout during your fasting period. So we shall see how this works.

QOTD: This is tough to pick just one. I like drama, suspense and thrillers. I also love a good tear jerker.

B: fasting until noon. Black coffee, hot tea and water

L: Ezekiel toast with peanut butter and a protein shake

D: tuna

S: L&F Greek yogurt and an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

KalesD
on 5/3/21 3:43 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Here we go - the start to another week! Let's have a fabulous week!

I have a question for you all - do you consistently weigh and measure your food or do you eye ball it? Also - do you keep a food journal? I sometimes feel that I am 'obsessed' with the numbers I track and wonder if it really is the best thing for me. I weigh and measure everything I put into my mouth & log it in MFP.

QOTD: comedy/drama/thriller

b: 1/2 powerslice bread, 1/4 avocado, 1 egg

S: fairlife latte

l: 50g deli Turkey, 1 light babybel, 1 mini pepper with laughing cow cheese & ebtb seasoning

s: 1/2c cottage cheese, 15g PB, 40g raspberries

d: Turkey sausage & 1/4c sliced cucumber

s: TBD

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 5/3/21 3:46 am, edited 5/2/21 11:23 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I eyeball these days unless my weight starts going up - then it's back to measuring. As far as tracking, I still track every day. I got away from it for a month when I was in India, and although I didn't make a pig of myself while there, I came home a few lbs heavier than when I left. Not doing that again...

my dietitian hates that I obsess about calories and slight weight gains, but hey -it's worked all these years, so...

Emiepie
on 5/3/21 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I use MFP and weigh out things every once in awhile to make sure my eyes aren't deceiving me too much.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 5/3/21 7:00 am, edited 5/3/21 12:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Weighing measuring and tracking is absolutely the only way to get the best results possible. However I have always eyeballed and try to listen to my pouch. I do make mistakes but never got into the habit of weighing and tracking. I probably should after this weekend.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 5/3/21 7:57 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I weigh and measure about half the time now. When at home, I use a quarter cup measuring cup as a serving spoon when plating our dinner and I keep a scale with disposable deli wrap papers close by to weigh meats.
I also use those tools for a snack, taking a second to put together my snack so I know I can eat my serving mindlessly and not over eat. I know we are supposed to pay attention to the food when eating, but I love to be lost in a book and have my snack or lunch. I also post daily on MFP and if I always charge myself on the high side of calories if I can't figure it out so that I have to at least acknowledge that I ate the damn "insert whatever bad pick I made here". I always tell myself leaving out the bad pick is only hurting myself so suck it up and own it.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 5/3/21 3:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

We're at a hotel in the Chicago suburbs. We got woken up by a fire alarm at 4:45 (it was either false - or something easily dealt with (I'll ask when we check out), because we weren't outside very long. Needless to say, we never went back to sleep. I guess I'll get some exercise in before we head down to breakfast - and coffee!!!

I have an appt with my plastic surgeon in the city at 10:30. Not sure what we'll do afterward. If the rain isn't bad, we may walk around downtown. If it is, we may head out to the 'burbs and meet up with a couple of cousins.

QOTD: documentaries, foreign, and independent films

B: already had a Fairlife Core Power (took it outside with me during the fire alarm). Will have coffee in about a half hour. We also have some chicken shawarma left from last night - and one pita. I may have that for breakfast (around 9:30 or so) and take some hotel breakfast food (like a couple of yogurts) for the road...

L: ?? I may already be fine after that Core Power and the leftover chicken/pita

AS: maybe one of the hotel yogurts? I also have a couple of protein bars and individual packets of nuts with me

D: ?? Not sure where we'll be - but I have food with me if we're not home

have a great day, everyone!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/3/21 4:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am back from a week and half of visitors, followed by weekend travels with Mike to Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale. We just have a few days left in Florida as we are leaving to drive to Cape Cod on Thursday. I always hate leaving Florida at the end of a season but it is getting too hot here and I do love Cape Cod. And I NEED to get back to planned eating.

QOTD: These days I probably like RomComs the most, though I like criminal dramas too

TSS: 5 years, 1 month

B: Coffee!!! scrambled eggs

L: cottage cheese and nut thins

D: fish tacos

S: hummus and pita

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 5/3/21 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! My long weekend was nice. Em and I did have a beach day Saturday and it was great to just spend time together. Back to the grind today.

QOTD: It really just depends on my mood or who I'm watching it with.

TSS: 6 years, 7 months

B: Sf latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and an apple

L: Spinach salad with deli chicken, and feta cheese, SF pudding, and a pear

S: Mixed nuts,light and fit yogurt, beef stick, and a plum

D: Apple and Gouda sausage, cauliflower with cheese sauce, orange/banana slices, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fiber cereal

E: elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1368 Protein:110 Carbs: 88 Fat:68

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 527 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 331 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 325 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 47 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?