What's on your Monday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/10/21 2:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin menu friends! Hope that you're all well!

Lots to do today. We have to go look at washers and dryers either today or tomorrow. Our washer is going out and our dryer is from the mid to late 80's...on its last leg too. I also have an appointment today with my bariatric doctor. Oh and we have the kids today...LOL. At least the girls are not until after school. My doctors appointment is at 3:40 though...so that makes it interesting as the girls get out at 3:30ish. I'll be very early for this appointment so lots of sitting today.

QOTD: What's the plan for this week? Anything big planned?

Just a few appointments...my mammogram is tomorrow and then we are getting our COVID-19 vaccine hopefully Wednesday or Thursday.

B: JUST egg, pico de Gallo, chicken sausage and GF toast - coffee before

L: GF chicken nuggets, BBQ sauce and maybe a chai tea

D: no idea...I need to think about what I can eat on the go

S: dairy free yogurt, roasted seaweed and some brown rice crackers

Have a great day everyone!

MadisonRose
on 5/10/21 3:24 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all. We spent all day Saturday fishing and I caught nothing but a sunburn. Then yesterday we took mom out for Mother's Day. Went to this beautiful bed and breakfast and had brunch and mimosas out in the garden by the pool. It was such a beautiful day. Got mom a gift certificate for a mani/pedi since she's never had one. It was a nice weekend, but I'm so not ready for this week yet. I also stopped my fasting over the weekend. It was not working out for me. I'm a big breakfast person and I found myself so hungry before 12 and the entire time all I could think about was food. I think it caused me to overeat when my fasting period ended and my weight is back up...sigh. So I think I'm gonna tweak it a bit and do a different fasting time. Maybe try fasting later in the day. Perhaps 6-10. See how it works. I also go on vacation in 2 weeks so I'm going to wait until after I get back to start the new fasting. For now I'll concentrate on tracking my food and exercising.

QOTD: not a darn thing really. Well I plan to practice more on my new piano.

B: protein shake and coffee

L: either Ezekiel toast w/peanut butter or tuna

D: leftover baked salmon & salad

S: L&F Greek yogurt and an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

KalesD
on 5/10/21 3:27 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning

call weekends leave me absolutely exhausted. They kindly remind me that I need to take proper care of myself. I banked 30.75 hours by Sunday at noon. I'm taking the day today to rest and recharge because I'm afraid if I don't I won't be able to function for the rest of the week... work will have to make due without me today.

QOTD: I just need to survive this week. I do plan on running a few days. I haven't run since Thursday (due to call) and I miss it

b: fairlife latte

S: 120g cottage cheese, 15g PB, 40g raspberries

l: 2oz Turkey, 1 laughing cow wedge, 1 mini pepper and 1 babybel

s: tbd

d: these veggie burgers we found .. gonna try them out

S: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Greateight
on 5/10/21 4:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Quick post for me, I have to run to a doctor's appointment. I may stop by later.

QOTD: Marilyn and my oldest son will be back on Wednesday, so we should have some family time next weekend. Haven't seen him since the last week of March, so I'm looking forward to that.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 5/10/21 5:54 am, edited 5/9/21 10:55 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have online Mah Jongg at 10:00 and then my last committee meeting as the chair at 1:00 pm (also online). THANK GOD. The committee takes a hiatus over the summer, and then next fall I'll just be a regular committee member (if I even decide to do that - but I'll see how I'm feeling about it by the end of the summer - it could be I WANT to be involved with the committee again - just not as the chair!). I'm also making skyr today (just started step #1), and I'm planning to go over to the gym at some point to use the weight machines.

I registered for classes today. So far I'm taking three this summer. I asked for permission from the instructor to take a fourth (an intro to astronomy class), and she told me to contact her again a couple days before it starts. But I just realized that of the three I registered for, one is in the first session, and two are in the second session. This astronomy class also meets in the second session. I'm thinking three classes in one summer school session is major overkill. It might be fine during the couple of weeks I'm recovering from surgery, but after that, I'm afraid it's going to really eat into my free time this summer. so I may just punt that one. Maybe I'll take it next summer instead.

QOTD: other than the stuff I mentioned for today, I have a dentist appointment and a luncheon on Thursday, then we're having our furnace replaced on Friday. I'm going to try to get out a lot this week since my class starts next week, so my free time will be more limited.

B: vanilla skyr with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: yogurt pie

AS: protein muffin

D: turkey chili and low-fat coleslaw

have a great day, everyone!

Christina135
on 5/10/21 6:31 am

Good morning, Happy Monday everyone!

QOTD - We are all back at work, 100% staffed. No more working from home. It's going to be interesting.

Breakfast - none, fasting, hot black coffee and lots and lots of water

Lunch - not sure, but thinking either salad, or soup/salad

Snack - pepitas and a mandarin, and I have some skinny girl popcorn (that stuff is SOOOO good!)

Dinner - No clue. I have two more chick'n patties, and stuff for a salad and that sounds easy, so I may just have that.

I hope you all have a great Monday! Get it!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Teenie
on 5/10/21 6:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Mel and Menuers,

Saturday ended up being a cool day and Sunday it rained and rained and rained. I did do my crazy eight class Saturday and I did bench press 50lbs. The young ones though they really impress me the way they just beast it. Sunday not so successful with exercise I got on the treadmill for 5 minutes then decided if I got church out the way I'd have some more me time so we went to 8;30 services. Just a small mothers day gathering. Just mom, DB, DH and me. They did love the meal. Salad, roasted asparagus, city chicken and scalloped potatoes. I only ate the salad and the asparagus. The cheesecake was another Oreo one that I did lick the knife enough to get the foamies and make my self sick for about an hour. I will never learn.

QOTD: Tonight I plan on baking brownies for bible study and maybe take a hot tub. I will finish up the brownies' on Tuesday with no other plans. I have a training Session on our new system on Wednesday and in the evening bible study, Thursday is Mani Pedi. Friday I will be processing a co-workers orders since he will be taking the day off and it is the last week for food truck Friday's. Not to busy but we will see how it works out.

Accountability: Just the cheesecake that made me sick but other than that just too many calories of healthy food.

TSS: 3 years 4 Months 28 days: 134 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: 1/2 egg quesadilla Chobani Complete Blueberry and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L: Chicken salad and snack select

D: Philadelphia cheese steak no bun and deviled eggs.

Exercise: 3.5 Mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I started a sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great weekend..

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 5/10/21 8:08 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's kind of gray and chilly here. I need to do more work towards losing the last bit of vacay weight, so I am planning my meals out very carefully. I have plenty of leftovers from the week and I'm going to incorporate them for breakfasts and lunches over the next few days. I need to get the fridge cleaned out so we can go grocery shopping next Saturday for a week at the lake campground here. I'll still be working, but it's nice to come home to peace and solitude and ducks. And my Dad is coming over with his RV, so he'll be out there with us for 5 days. A real treat for me to spend time with him. And lots of time for me to cook and feed him. Maybe send him home with frozen leftovers. I'm already working on a menu. Today, I have lunch with a girlfriend, want to rearrange the living room furniture ( odd space and I am never happy with the arrangement), and need to take a walk. Maybe a hot bath after.

QoTD: Prepping for camping and visitors. My daughter's brother in laws family will be in town for a couple days and they are using our unused upstairs. Two adults and two little people. We have a queen bed and bunk beds up there, so it's a perfect fit. I also am working on designing tee shirts for all us girls for our family camp out over the Fourth of July. Need to find tee shirts I like. The ones at Michael's are just too rough and boxy looking. Probably order them online at Target since they are pretty cheap and soft.

Menu:

B: need to get on this. Early lunch date, so if I don't eat soon, I won't want lunch. If I skip, I'll be ravenous and inhale lunch. Both are no bueno for me. I think beef jerky and a few whisps. My tummy loves it and it's straight protein.

L: splitting chicken fajitas and beans. No rice or tortillas

D: New recipe. Cheesy White Bean tomato bake with chicken basil sausage and I'm adding fresh spinach right before I serve it and top it with parmesan. Home made cornbread for the hubs. Hope it's good as it looks like there will be quite a bit of leftovers to freeze and use for work lunches.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 5/10/21 5:25 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Monday Everyone

QOTD: no great plans for the week. My daughter and I will go on a hike tomorrow. I also have an appointment for PRP. Want to spruce up the skin a bit. Sunday I go back to work for my first shift (I am a ICU RN).

B: 1/4 c F&L Greek yogurt

L: protein bar

D: 1/3 c Italian round roast

S: sf pudding

since I was out of town I did not have much availabile for lunch I ate protein bars while traveling but prefer to eat "real" food I should have some leftovers from dinner!

Exercise: 2+ miles today I need to start a squat routine to increase my leg stamina

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

KalesD
on 5/11/21 2:52 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Have a great day back at work!!! Make sure to ensure hydration and food are priorities in between your patients!

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics