What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 1:04 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I was just telling someone the other day that beauty school haircuts are the best! Super cheap and they are sooooo careful and there is always a supervisor to make sure you come out looking okay!

Is your schwarma from Trader Joe's too? I love that stuff. I am trying it in the air fryer for the first time tonight!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 5/27/21 4:17 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I used to get pedicures at one of the beauty schools before COVID. Cheaper than regular salons, and they always do a good job.

NYMom222
on 6/1/21 6:51 am
RNY on 07/23/14

The Schwarma is from TJ. Convenient and I love it. I loved it so much I do have a recipe for it now to make it myself...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Partlypollyanna
on 5/27/21 6:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I just dyed my hair purple. On zoom, it doesn't show up, it just looks dark. I could have had purple hair for all of quarantine and no one would have known!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 5/27/21 7:28 am - Warren, OH

That is really cool that the purple does not show up on Zoom. We were using a conferencing tool called BlueJeans this year and all the colors on it were sort of dimmed out. I might have gotten away with purple. The walls of my office are light yellow and they were gray on the conferences this year. I really like not having to paint my eyebrows on every morning. The microblading is great.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 5/27/21 1:15 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I think it's hilarious how much "easier" I find not doing my brows. I'm sure it's only 5-10 minutes back but just not having to worry about it and getting it wrong. Definitely a big fan of the microblading!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 1:05 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

We need to get you some studio lighting so everyone can see the pretty purple!

White Dove
on 5/27/21 7:03 am - Warren, OH

I am glad that the better eating is a little easier today. I am figuring out what to eat for summer. I don't want to do much cooking in hot weather and am naturally just not that hungry in the summer.

I have not eaten in a restaurant since the pandemic and am ready to do some meals out again. I might do an all meat all week soon.

I was a hair stylist when I was younger and have had every color, length, and style imaginable. I have grown my hair long enough to sit on and have had it so short it looked like I had been released from a prison. I have bleached it out to white blonde and have dyed it coal black and every color in between. Had the wild colors been around then, I would have used a different one every week. I have had Afro perms, French rolls, braids, up-dos, and straightened my hair to where it was completely straight. In high school I would set it on rollers the size of soup cans and then put it on the ironing board and iron it to get any curl out of it.

Now I have a short, easy-to-care-for cut and keep my hair light brown with lots of highlights. I have not changed that look in about five years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 1:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh dig out some pics of those cute hair styles for PhotoFriday! I want to see!

Teenie
on 5/27/21 7:09 am, edited 5/27/21 12:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers~

Did I say how nice it is to have you back Julia. Wow what an inspiration you are and I am so happy you had a better day yesterday. I will be cheering for those summer clothes. It's not going to be easy but we've seen you buckle down the hatches before and know you can do it again. You have inspired me to get back to my fighting weight and I have been better with my snacks since you have come back. So a big thank you.

Oh but this is a holiday weekend. I always have trouble with these. I do have some food planned to keep me in check. A pea salad and baked beans and hopefully not a lot of eating out but you never know. The weather is going to be cool all weekend so there will be no pool time. That is not good considering I run around the pool to get in some extra steps in.

Today I plan to run to Aldi so I am done with the grocery store. I always have a list but when it is crowded I am not a fan.

QOTD: Well I have had the same haircut for the last 24 years however I am fortunate that I can wear it straight or curly so I can switch it up when I want to. Lately I been keeping it curly.

Accountability: I did eat a few handfuls of Reese's peanut butter bunny shaped cereal and 3 sugar free Reese's miniature cups.

TSS: 3 years 5 Months 16 days:132.8 (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Premier banana Protein Shake, and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Chocolate Caramel creamer

L. Mini crust less Quiche from Aldi and snack select

D: I am making the inners of a Philly cheese steak and I am going to put it in a roasted Portobello mushroom. .

Exercise: 3.5 Mile run (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I started a sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics