What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Greateight
on 5/27/21 9:15 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Enjoy!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 1:11 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

My mom was forced to find out what her natural color is during the pandemic. She was not happy about it, lol.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/27/21 1:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Haha, I can relate. I know what my natural color WAS, not what it is these days.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 5/27/21 7:42 am
RNY on 11/16/16

Good morning everyone!!

I think my posts are delayed due to this new account needing approval from a moderator. I wasn't able to log into my past account - it said I was either deactivated or banned - not sure if there is anything I can do about that. I'd love to see/read my old posts to see what I was doing before.

Since I decided to post yesterday, it's all I've thought about! I woke up a dozen times thinking about OH and getting excited. My wheels are turning but since it was rather impulsive to come back I am not prepared to eat that way I want to just yet. I need to shop and plan. I talked to Rob last night about changing my diet and he said he was totally on board and supportive. The funny thing is he wants to go vegetarian, the opposite of what I want to do! We laughed... so I guess, we will make a basic full meal - I will eat the meat, he will eat all the sides. Anyway this will take some planning and getting used to, so I am setting my clean start date as Tuesday 6/1/21. This will allow me to shop, purge and wrap my head around this. I have a ton of reading to do on here for inspiration. In the meantime, I will be eating as clean as I can considering. Consistent with vitamins, more active in general and way less drinking....

Did I mention I'm excited? Can't wait to catch up with everyone!

Amy

Member Services
on 5/27/21 9:43 am - Irvine, CA

Amy Liz, we had you removed after your first post, but I see that they are still coming up as needing approval. I have our IT staff looking into it, so please keep posting and we will get them approved a.s.a.p. Once IT finds the issue your posts will be immediate.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

P.S. Nice to see you back.

Amy Liz
on 5/27/21 9:54 am
RNY on 11/16/16

Thank you

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 1:17 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yeah! So excited to have you back too!

My plan for back on track (for what it is worth) is:

Week 1 - cut down on calories, no snacks, and no alcohol.

Week 2: All that, but really try to lower carbs to nothing with a full carb detox.

I really don't know where I want to go from there... I learned a lot about myself over this past year too, and I really struggle with "all or nothing" thinking, so I don't think sticking to a no carb keto lifestyle is healthy for my brain. But I have also proven that I am NOT an intuitive eater, lol. So I'll have to keep thinking about what will be best for Weeks 3+...

Amy Liz
on 5/27/21 1:50 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Yay! Me too!!

My plan is evolving slowly like yours too.....Since I plan of Clean Start Tuesday June 1, it seemed like a good time to give up drinking for a month and reset that bad habit - hopefully to the take it or leave it mentality I used to have. But if that doesn't work, I will stop for good. Plus, I overeat and overspend online shopping after a couple glass of wine and that has to stop also! The all or nothing DOES suck, but what I've been doing (which is trying everything I can to find food and body peace) isn't working. Trying to do a temporary restriction and work hard for say 6+ months to get to an 85/15 percent of diet v freedom foods lifestyle doesn't seem so bad. Maybe I'm over simplifying it, but that is what I am feeling at this moment and that is subject to change a million times!

Sheila mentioned an AMAW challenge in the near future?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Queen JB
on 5/27/21 2:49 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I don't know if anyone else wants to do it with me, but I think my carb detox next week will be an AMAW! I'll mention it on tomorrow's post and see if anyone wants to join :)

wrkinprogress
on 5/27/21 8:53 am

Wowwww welcome back girl... it's great to have you back! There's no doubt in my mind that you can crush whatever you set your mind to so we are all here to be supportive.

I just finished a 3 month Optifast run so am now adding real food back in and am going to stay in the same calorie range as you - 800ish. The extra dense protein I've added back in the last week has really helped my energy level for gym days/weight training so I'm excited to push myself to hit some personal bests this summer.

This past weekend my daughter was over and we ended up going through all of my drawers to get rid of anything that doesn't fit. Well,,, I'm happy to report that nothing really fits! We ended up packing most of it to donate but kept enough to get me through this month since no retail stores are open at this point here...and I have no idea what size I'd even be for online shopping. We also watched "The Dawn Wall" as recommended by greateight.. wonderful suggestion! After that I felt like I could be a rock climber,,,, bahahaha... NOT. Moneyball was another good suggestion and I had seen that one but it's worth rewatching one of these rainy weekends.

QOTD - I like to try new hairstyles and am actually considering going blonde now that my hair has grown out and I can use the curling wand. Currently I'm a very dark brown so that would be a stark change and probably not healthy for my hair... we shall see what my hairdresser thinks once I can go back.

B - Optifast

L - turkey breast, tossed salad, 10 almonds

S - greek yogurt

D - Optifast

S - fresh pineapple

3.5 L water

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?