What was it like first time you ate?

sweetpotato1959
on 5/31/21 6:41 pm

That is great news that what you ate went down well. Continue to eat small amounts and not push your limits.

My surgery was a massive open surgery that included RNY, and small bowel and partial colon removal and resections ,2 bandings and was 25 years ago.. The teaching then was 30 minutes before and after. Follow your instructions and you should do well. When you are depending on solid food to get all your protein needs in ... be sure to stick to your diet guides the surgeon gave you.

.The times may come when it may be difficult to get fluids and protein in... if that happens use some of your protein supplements to help you get there..

.. I Had a prescribed protein powder, that was supposed to be flavorless....and i put it in diet hot cocoa to get both fluids and protein in.. when started eating my pouch only held 45 cc./ probably secondary to the edema, of the surgical process...after about 6 weeks i held about 75cc..My guide lines were 90 grams protein and no more than 50 grams carbs.. I had some difficult days.t was worth it.! I have a twin who is easily double my size, and many family members who are almost 3 x. my weight...

This surgery gives you tools to loose and maintain. Make the most of it while your body is making all the adjustments. The time will come when your body will yell the honeymoon is over...LOL

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/21 7:41 pm
RNY on 05/17/21

I fixed my husband some dinner for the first time since I started my pre op liquid diet. (He had been eating at his sister's house.) It's shocking how not hungry I am. I literally tasted about 1/2 tsp mashed potatoes and I was full. Granted I got all 60g of my protein (shakes) in along with my water. But it felt good to sit at the dinner table while he was eating and not be hungry. I weighed 281 the day of surgery, and today I weighed 273. My surgeon said not to look at the scale the first month because of swelling and edema.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 1 views
Recent Topics