What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 5/29/21 4:26 am, edited 5/29/21 4:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I think I remember that JB doesn't usually post on the weekends, so I thought I'd start us off.

We're meeting the moms for coffee this morning (mine and MIL). We were planning to take MIL to a cute town about 40 miles away this afternoon to get her out of her apt for a few hours, but I may have DH drop me off at home (and he can go with her). I want to bike today since the weather is perfect for it, and also, I want to do some more work for my class. We're going to suggest that she have dinner with us here at our house - we need to plow through some of the food in our freezers!

QOTD: if you had to move somewhere other than where you currently live, where would you go? (assume that there's a good job waiting for you, if you're still working). At one time I would have said Boston, but I think at this point in my life my choice would be the Chicago area. Not sure I could handle that far of a move anymore, and also, some of my family is in Wisconsin. As we're aging, I'm wanting us to be (or stay) fairly close to each other.

B: Greek yogurt with raspberries - or else pumpkin yogurt with maple whipped cream. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake - and more coffee with half & half

L: if I end up going with DH and MIL today, I'll take a protein bar with me. If I'm home, cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing topped with 2 oz chicken strips

AS: if I'm home, L&F yogurt and a skinny bagel with cream cheese

D: I'm thinking a Chik'n patty on a slim bun and some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

KalesD
on 5/29/21 6:06 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

just got home from my run - it was a bit nippy out this morning.. like 4 degrees? What? Come on. I'm dreaming of warmer days again.. it always seems when I buy myself a new summery dress the temp drops lol..

QOTD: anywhere with a beach, that I can be outside all 4 seasons and not freeze my tots off.

b: fairlife latte

S: 120g cottage cheese, 7.5g PB, 50g strawberries. No bran buds today.. yesterday was awful.
l: 50g deli meat, 2 mini peppers with laughing cow & slice of light Swiss

S/d/S tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Lisa91941
on 5/29/21 8:11 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

What a beautiful wedding! I had charley horse cramps in my left leg all night from dancing for hours in heels. So worth it! Oh how I have missed that feel good vibe of shimmying and shaking to great tunes with people you adore! The food was even tasty and easy to fit in my plan. Though I did have three glasses of wine. In just a bit we are going to jump on our bikes and get some miles in. Then it's lunch and hanging out at the pool for the afternoon.
QoTD: I am real happy right here in San Diego. But I wouldn't refuse a beach side home if someone wanted to gift me one!
menu

B: egg and one slice bacon

L: chicken and some salad

D: TBD the restaurant here is amazing, so I am going to burn as many calories as I can today and make real good picks all day and then enjoy my dinner!

S: I brought some beef jerky with me.
Here's a picture of our view from our room this morning. Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 5/29/21 11:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

great picture - I can't get over how clear it is! That must be a really good camera!

Lisa91941
on 5/29/21 12:41 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Just my old IPhone! Amazing the technology these things have!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/21 8:15 am
RNY on 05/17/21

I love reading these threads! Being only 2 weeks post op they give me things to look forward to!

Have a great weekend!

Queen JB
on 5/29/21 10:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I started posting on this thread on Day 1 when I was lucky to get only one preen shake a day in! It's not just for people in maintenance...it's just that most us us have been around for awhile. Please feel free to join us every day--it's helpful for people to be able to see what people are eating at all stages, plus you will have a group of people who can give you advice, because we have all been where you are!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 5/29/21 8:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree with JB - a lot of us started on this thread long before we reached maintenance. I found it really helpful (and still do...)

White Dove
on 5/29/21 9:38 am - Warren, OH

The place I seriously considered moving to for work was San Francisco. The company I was consulting for offered me a job that included a penthouse suite in one of their buildings. My husband did not like cities. The other place I considered was the San Diego area. It is as close to my dream of heaven as anywhere I have ever been.

Once my boss complained because I did not answer the phone when he called. I explained that it was 7:00 AM on the east coast when he called, but only 4:00 AM in San Diego where I was working. He thought about that for a moment and said, "Maybe I should send you back to your own time zone". I told him not to send me to Ohio in February and I would stay awake all night if necessary for me to not go back there soon. I got to stay and finish my assignment. LOL.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 419 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views