What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/31/21 2:48 am, edited 5/31/21 4:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a spectacular weekend. Mine was nice, despite the freeeeezing cold temps we are having here in Boston. The high for all 3 days is 49 and it's been pouring rain, too. It was a nice excuse to stay in all day on Saturday and watch moves and relax. Then yesterday we had friends over for what was supposed to be an outdoor cookout, but turned into an indoor party instead. It's so nice that we can do this again!

I have today off too, but I am leaving in a few minutes to travel over an hour to get to my old condo, which I rent out. There was a huge plumbing emergency in the unit above mine a few weeks ago and today I am babysitting the contractors who are replacing the ceiling in the bathroom. Not how I want to spend a bonus day for the long weekend, but I am pretty happy not to have to take a vacation day off for it, so I am not going to complain!

QOTD: What WLS Friendly Food would you buy at a convenience store if you are starving and desperate? I was thinking about this today, because now that I am out in the world more, I really need to get back to bringing everything with me that I need, but it is always nice to have ideas for what to grab in a pinch. I guess my go-to is a package of almonds.

My weekend was pretty on track with food. I went a little over on calories on Sunday because of the party, but not by a lot... and still better than I had been doing. I'm trying to stay super low carb today--even cutting down the dairy carbs, so it's all meat & eggs on the menu today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

KalesD
on 5/31/21 2:55 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

Back to the grind for me today. One of my coworkers is off for his wedding/honeymoon so the rest of us are all working full time the next few weeks to fill in the gap.. I'm sure it's going to be a long few weeks!

I managed to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. with Sunday being my best run yet. I am insanely proud of myself. Today I won't run as I work early - but I'll do some strength training when I get home from work.

QOTD: for me it's usually a protein shake (I love the fairlife vanilla in some coffee..) or some beef jerky.

b: fairlife latte

s: 120g cottage cheese, 7.5g PB, 50g strawberries

l: 25g deli ham, 25g deli Turkey, 2 laughing cow wedges, 2 mini peppers, 1 slice light Swiss cheese

s: tbd

d: either bbq chicken salad or taco salad

s: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Queen JB
on 5/31/21 8:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on your best run! Keep crushing your goals!

Melody P.
on 5/31/21 5:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Not much planned today. We're going to the cemetery to put some flowers out on our folks. We also need to put a few flags out. My uncle Olen and grandpa's cemetery doesn't put them out on their own so we do that. It was a big thing for my grandpa so my mom continues it on for him. For me the cemetery is just a sad place and it won't be something I continue on once my mom is gone.

I'm still having an issue with my lower digestive tract but it is at least getting better. Our area had really bad tornados last night and some hail over grapefruit sized. That's a killer hail. Yuck.

I did dip my toe into chainmaille for the first time in way to long...thanks to my eye. I had some kits from a fellow chainmailler and I love the heart one. I'll be ordering some more stuff to make different colored ones. They have a green that I want to use. It's so pretty and sparkly! The picture attached below doesn't do it justice!

QOTD: Jerky

B: just egg, brisket, sofrito, low carb tortilla and caramelized onions - coffee before

L: brisket and maybe another tortilla

D: thinking soup

S: ???

Queen JB
on 5/31/21 8:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Beautiful!

Glad you are all safe after the tornadoes and hail. TX weather terrifies me!

Partlypollyanna
on 5/31/21 6:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am off today and tomorrow. It's cold here and rainy but I am bbqing with friends this afternoon, so looking forward to it. I'm making a baked ricotta with mixed berry compote and brownies for the kids. Both of which I should probably start soon!

qotd - I usually grab the prosciutto or pepperoni roll ups, or a slim jim type thing.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 5/31/21 7:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

HI Jen!!! Ricotta bake! YUM!! I forgot about that dish!!! Next week, it's on!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 5/31/21 7:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I do like the riccotta bake; this is a ricotta cheesecake though, much better for dessert:-)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 5/31/21 8:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Haha, I know--I used to do some amazing things with Ricotta when I was newly post op, but I have largely forgotten about it. That might be a good base ingredient to explore next week.

catwoman7
on 5/31/21 7:07 am, edited 5/31/21 12:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

to those of you on the east coast - (much) better weather is headed your way! It was in the 60s and no rain yesterday - it'll be in the 70s and low 80s all this week - YAY!! (you're always a day or two behind us....)

I have online Mah Jongg at 10:00. The idea of going back to in-person has been mentioned by a couple of people, so I'm not sure why we're still doing this - although it's nice to be able to play while propped up in bed or on my couch - in my pajamas. Nothing else on tap for today, but I want to finish a movie that's overdue at the library and bike over to return it.

QOTD: the only thing I seem to pick up when I'm out and desperate are protein bars. Although things like cheese sticks and individual packets of nuts would work just fine, too

B: plain Greek yogurt with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing because I'll be eating breakfast not long before Mah Jongg

L: frozen burrito? (nuked of course...)

AS: protein shake or else a chai tea or cold latte made with Fairlife milk. Maybe a L&F yogurt at some point if needed.

D: 1/2 a Beyond Burger on 1/2 a slim bun, some kind of vegetable

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?