I had my first bite of food!

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/21 9:10 am
RNY on 05/17/21

Hi all!

Today marks officially 2 weeks since my surgery. I'm on a liquid diet for 2 more weeks but my surgeon told me to start playing with mushy foods. So this morning my hubby made his DELICIOUS scrambled eggs and I had about 1/2 a tablespoon. It was so nice sitting out on the deck eating breakfast with him again and my pups were quite happy that they were getting some eggs again too! It felt fine going into my tiny tummy.

I hope everyone has a terrific day!

White Dove
on 5/31/21 1:04 pm - Warren, OH

Eggs are not easy after surgery. Glad you kept it to a tablespoon. Hope you are one who can tolerate more eggs soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/21 2:25 pm
RNY on 05/17/21

My husband makes the fluffiest scrambled eggs and I asked him to make them 'wet' so they went down easy. But I was only taking pea sized bites and chewing them for a while. My hubs has been eating at his sisters house since I started my liquid diet. I told him to eat here tonight so he's making himself some Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes. I might take a small taste of the gravy (no meat!) and less than a tablespoon of potatoes with a little low fat sour cream mixed in. Of course I'm getting in all of my protein shakes and water too today. I still don't have all of my energy back but I've been working around the house all weekend.

Teenie
on 6/1/21 1:35 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

All you can do for yourself at this point is follow the rules your surgeon has set for you and it sounds like your doing that. So Kuddos to you. Keep up the good work.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 138 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics