What's on your Monday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 6/7/21 8:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It was a good weekend over all. We went and saw Cruella last night and we both enjoyed it. We had dinner out, and I ate chicken pot stickers. High in carbs. Low in calories. The only issue is it wasn't enough protein, and I ended up have some beef jerky just before bed to get rid of the gnawing hunger. I'm off today, with a short list of to do's to get going on soon. I've got a pork shoulder in the over for a long slow day of roasting it and have planned several meals around it this week. I have to make sugar free coleslaw next, and then dinner is going to be an easy slam dunk tonight.

QoTD: Retirement. Not my actual retirement, as I dream of and think of places to go and people to see all the time. But I'm handing the company off to my kids. And they need to stay successful to continue to provide income for them, and the other 13 families we support. I am doing everything I can to teach them and train them and I need to be confident in them. They are doing a great job, but if it falters, my grandkids could be homeless. I know that's extreme thinking, and I need to let it go and remember how good they are at it, but it's one of those things. I've been doing it for 40 years. Is anyone going to be as good at as I am? I know, very egotistical. And not really conveying my fears well. I'm most worried that I'm not giving them enough guidance. And I don't know how to give them more. Catch 22. At this point, with 10 months left, I have mostly turned everything over, and I work hard to sell stuff and retain/grow customers, and I defer all decisions and situations to them so I can give be there for guidance and moral support, but they are getting the experience. My son in law is doing AWESOME -- but he's shocked over the stress level of a small company. He told me that nobody at his last company, GE, has ever worked so hard as the small team at our company. There is a lot of pride in that for me. And also more stress.

Menu:

B: 3 oz pork pastor, 1/4 c cottage cheese

L: left over egg white omelet with feta and a very small amount of gyro meat

D: pulled pork, 2 tbsp sugar free bbq, 1 oz sharp cheddar, 1/2 c sugar free coleslaw. Piled on my plate with no bread. Made into sandwiches for the hubs.

That puts me 735 calories, 89 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs. I'll probably need to add a snack in, but I've got room here in my day.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Queen JB
on 6/7/21 2:58 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yum your pulled pork sounds awesome! Do you make your own SF BBQ sauce or do you have a favorite to buy?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 6/7/21 3:22 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

I have some Sweet Baby Ray Brown Sugar bbq sauce. I add it after the pork is completely cooked. And I made the coleslaw with Lime Crema Sauce from Target instead of mayo. And it turned out SO good!

Queen JB
on 6/7/21 5:13 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Sounds amazing! I had a super dried out, overcooked, pork chop for dinner. I want to come to your house!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?