What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/21 4:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

One of my colleagues (young guy) does racing pigeons!

If you need mom points, tell her that pigeons are dinosaurs! I think of it as "new" but it's been out for 20 years or so that pigeons have a pretty clear biological link to the types of dinosaurs that included the t-rex! There's even been some really cool fossils that show dinosaur feathers. My friends and I have been known to yell "baby dinosaur" at random pigeons and other birds:-). If you ever see a strange group of women yelling "baby dinosaur" at birds, come over and say hi, it's probably us.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 6/8/21 4:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

that meme is hilarious!!!

I am so excited - today is the first time I will be playing Mah Jongg in person in 15 months!! My regular group won't be playing this week since two of the our players are on vacation, but one of the social organizations I belong to also sponsors several Mah Jongg groups and opportunities, and there's a big one that plays on Tuesday afternoons at one of the senior centers. Some of my groupies have gone over there occasionally - esp when our small, regular group doesn't have enough players. Anyway, this is the first time the larger group has met since last year. I am SO EXCITED!!!

I'm also planning to go to water aerobics this morning, and then I'll be watching movies today for my class, too. The heat and humidity will be ungodly today here, too, so indoor activities are perfect!!

QOTD: spending summers at the pool (whatever pool we belonged to depending on where we lived at the time). We'd bike over in the morning and pretty much spend the whole day there!

B: skyr with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake blended with ice and spinach

L: this chickpea-miso concoction I found on pinterest - on a slim bun with lettuce and tomato

AS: L&F yogurt, probably. And maybe 1/2 a protein muffin

D: piece of naan (made it yesterday for the first time!) and 1/2 C dal makhani ("Madras lentils")

weight is trending down finally, guys!! YAY!!!

Queen JB
on 6/8/21 12:53 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope you have a great time playing in person today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/8/21 5:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Tuesday mornin everyone.

Somebody on our street put a bunch of boards that are about 10 feet long and infested with huge nails in our dumpster. There are about 5 families using said dumpster. So it's overflowing and the trash truck drove past it due to the boards. My mom called and complained. Our city has a trash issue and the way that department is run is a JOKE! So now we wait to see what, if anything, the city will do. We're pretty sure it was none of the families that regularly use it...some houses down the street are being worked on. Jack wagons.... Oh and the dumpsters on our street are in front of the houses since we have no alleys. Lovely to see this crap out our front HUGE window.

My back and tailbone are not feeling good at all today. So I'm hoping for not much to do today. We get our second dose tomorrow of the Covid vaccine. Yay!

QOTD: I remember being out all day with the neighborhood kids...playing red rover and otter pops. I only went to camp once with school. My mom couldn't afford much. I also mowed a lot as a kid for/with my grandpa. I'd go with him to mow the churches yard...lazy family's yard(and my family has some lazy lazy people). I remember going to the lake near here and my grandpa playing in the water with us like a kid too. I miss my grandpa something awful. I wish I could go back.

B: GF focaccia, chicken sausage and onion - coffee before

L: no idea - probably a PP shake

D: not to sure on this either...

S: popcorn, yogurt and ???

Melody P.
on 6/8/21 5:37 am - Amarillo, TX

I want to move so so soooo much.

Someone also threw a car seat by the dumpster and that other brown spec is a bunny.

Queen JB
on 6/8/21 12:55 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

That is so obnoxious. My old condo had a shared dumpster and people from outside the complex were always coming in to throw away their junk. I can't believe how little basic respect people have for one another some times...

Emiepie
on 6/8/21 5:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! As predicted, my day flew by yesterday but that's not a bad thing.
The weather is crazy, last week we were over 100 all week and now it'll be high 70 tomorrow, no complaints though since I don't like the heat.

QOTD: We used to spend so much time camping at the lake. We would sometimes be there for almost two weeks and always closed out the summer with spending Labor Day weekend there.

TSS: 6 years, 9 months

B: SF latte, Pear, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Spinach salad with deli turkey and feta, carrots, SF pudding and a honeycrisp apple

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, cauliflower with cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical for a bit but mostly a rest day.

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1395 Protein:111 Carbs:117 Fat:58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 6/8/21 12:56 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Lake living is the best!

Christina135
on 6/8/21 6:13 am

Mernin' errybody, happy Taco Tuesday.

QOTD - I miss spending summers with my grandma.

Breakfast - fasting, so hot black coffee and water. Lots of water.

Lunch - I have yet to go to the store, because I just...don't have it in me and eating out is way too easy. I will grab a couple of steamed buns from the Asian place nearby, they have a couple of vegan options and they are GOOD!

Snack - pepitas, mandarins

Dinner - mint chocolate kale smoothie. It's hot y'all!

Have a good one!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Queen JB
on 6/8/21 12:57 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Tell me more about the mint chocolate kale smoothie...

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?