What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 6/9/21 6:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Opal is a beauty!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 6/9/21 7:24 am - Amarillo, TX

She is a princess and aware of that status!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/21 4:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh no, JB, I hope the dark room and a bit of rest helps. I am not a medical professional but I do think that as people who have been staying home start getting out more, we probably will be hit with some of the regular bugs. It's like the first week of school for everyone now.

QOTD - nope, I am whatever is the opposite. I'm trying to be better because so many of my dr appts start with "you know you should have come in sooner". With the exception of when I got hit with a sudden onset of vertigo in Feb, I don't even hit dr. google because I know dr. google believes everything is terminal.

Long work day ahead but with my schedule shifting a bit, I am enjoying being able to work out before my day starts again. I 1,000X prefer a morning workout.

I was whining yesterday about the rabbits in the window wells last year and the pigeons under the solar panels this year and how I didn't realize adulting involved so much wildlife. Fortunately, I was on zoom when my boss popped out with "you know you can just eat the pigeons and rabbits" so he got the full benefit of the look on EVERYONE"s face. I mean, yes, people eat rabbits and pigeons but no, just no.

menu today is coffee + half and half X 3

Ozery breakfast round plus PB

cottage cheese with cinnamon and currants

cheddar cheese and buffalo bratworst

Have a great Wednesday everyone -- you've made it to the middle!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 6/9/21 5:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Whoops, I logged on early to do a few things before my plan to sit in the dark, but then I got caught up in what I was doing and never logged out. So now I have been working straight since 5, and I guess there is no reason to stop now... sigh... I am so bad at self care.

Very happy not to see bunny and pigeon on your menu today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 6/9/21 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am having wildlife dilemmas as well. I planted some sun flowers and the rabbits thought they were just yummy. Also on my morning run I had a deer cross less than 10 feet in front of me this morning. It scared the heck out of me. But I won't be eating them either. However I do cook it for DH and he loves it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/21 9:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I like venison! If you soak it in milk for 24-48 hours before cooking it's so tender.

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/9/21 7:34 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I gotta confess that rab*****are) is used in Tuscan cuisine. My poor daughter got traumatized when she was 6-7, we were back home and my SIL made a stew with hare. I knew right away from the taste what it was but I was trying to protect DD and not tell her anything. She ate like the polite girl I raised her to be and complimented her auntie on her cooking. My devil of a brother asked her if she knew what she ate, to which she said chicken. With a devilish grin he told her what it was. DD turned to me with eyes as big as a saucer and told me you let me eat Thumper? To this day (she is 23 now) she blames me for it and always asks my SIL what's the meat in her plate.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/21 9:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

oh my gosh, that is so funny and sad. I can picture her face!

Jen

Queen JB
on 6/9/21 2:03 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I consider myself an ugly-a-tarian. I will eat anything that I did not consider cute when it was alive. No veal, no lamb, no deer, no bunnies... Fish, Chicken and Turkey are ugly AF... ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 6/9/21 4:50 am, edited 6/8/21 9:53 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Yesterday was pretty busy, so movie-wise I was only able to finish the one I started the night before - so I've got work to do today. This is the last week of this class, and I'm a couple of days behind. Next week the new session starts. I've registered for an Islamic Architecture course and a poli sci course on 20th century genocides (I got so much of this in the two history courses I took in the spring - the one on modern South Asia and the other on modern Eastern Europe - that I don't know why I signed up to learn even MORE about genocides, but whatever...). I'd talked to another professor a couple of months ago about taking her intro to astronomy class this summer, too - but she wanted me to wait until the first day of class (which is next Monday) and ask her again - but since I'm already registered for two other classes, I may punt it. It would have been interesting, but I don't want to be stuck in my house all day every day taking classes (they're all online - the university moves back to in-person in the fall).

other than watching movies, I may try to get some exercise this morning. I'd love to ride my bike, but I'll have to see when that oppressive heat and humidity starts up again. I may have to do something indoors.

QOTD: not at all. There are times I SHOULD probably see a doctor, but I don't.

OK I think this menu thing worked. I'm going to mix a tiny squirt of Chinese chlli crisp sauce in with the Greek yogurt to top my veggie burger, but MFP has the calories for the sauce listed by the tablespoon or the cup (multiple entries for each, with calories for each amount WILDLY divergent), so I give up. We're probably talking fewer than 10 calories a squirt here, so it's not worth the frustration.

I wish MFP would let you record more macros, but it doesn't. I do pay attention to my fiber and calcium intake (the latter because of my endocrinologist - I was taking in WAY too much), so I had to drop carbs since I really don't pay much attention to those anymore - and I usually only eat the good kind anyway. All the other things I like to know about, too. Sorry this is so blurry - I need more practice!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 382 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 272 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics