What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/16/21 2:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Hump Day, Gang! Well, my staycation is having some highs and lows... The high is that I love how my craft room is coming along! But sadly last night I got a call from my mom to tell me she was on her way to the ER with heart issues. They need to transfer her to a bigger hospital in Boston for surgery but all of the hospitals' cardiac units are full! Hoping for a good update today.

For that reason I am not going to bother posting a menu. I was having a hard enough time sticking to a plan on my days off but now, knowing that I am going to be all over the place today, it's not going to be the type of day I can plan for. I am not beating myself up about it--there is only so much I can control. I'll just try to make good choices on the road and bring some things with me if I can.

QOTD: Are you an optimist or a pessimist? I am definitely an optimist! I can get cranky and negative about US politics, but my general outlook on life is positive :) I used to struggle with anxiety and would worry about a lot of what-ifs but I think I am finally over that. I was realizing it last night with my mom... Like I am worried, but I am not overthinking or assuming the worst like I used to.

Leaving you with a pic of my craft room! It's still not done but I have it in a good place!

And Fezzie "helping" me put it together.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/16/21 2:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Saying prayers for your mom, dad and you! It's stressful to handle but I'm glad you seem to have a level head about it. Keep us updated.

AND WOW! I'm so jealous of your craft room! That. Is. Gorgeous! Absolutely fantastic!

It looks to be a busy day here. The girls have school camp until noon then I have an appointment with my psychiatrist at 1:20. We have to fit lunch in there for them. My mom will likely take them to the park after she drops me off to eat and play.

I'm really exhausted. Tired of being tired.

QOTD: I can be both but lately I've been more pessimistic.

B: JUST egg, chicken sausage, 1 tbs cheese, yogurt and coffee

L: not really sure on this one

D: butternut squash soup and an ounce of roast beef

S: popcorn, cheese stick and ???

Melody P.
on 6/16/21 6:04 am - Amarillo, TX

To be more elaborate on the QOTD...I was in a rush earlier.

While I consider myself more pessimistic lately I still try to better myself and I do the work to try and get to a better spot. I know people get tired of my stuff but when I write it down or type it...it's a release for me. Being bipolar makes it hard when I cycle through moods. BUT I always try to be better than the before.

Greateight
on 6/16/21 6:17 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Melody - people aren't tired of you, they all respect how you are trying to work through a number of hard issues. And you kept this thread going for months during JB's hiatus.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

wrkinprogress
on 6/16/21 6:58 am

Well said!

Queen JB
on 6/16/21 8:04 am
RNY on 07/20/15

100%

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/16/21 11:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much for that! I didn't mean here in particular. In fact I've only had one "off" experience here when I felt someone was off color with me. No one that even post anymore here that I know of. I have always felt supported here.

I had someone I've been friends with for almost 20 years tell another friend that she didn't understand why I was sad. The same friend I went to my first concert with that left me alone at the end of said concert with what felt like millions of people were walking by. I literally stood inside an evergreen tree. My severe social anxiety was out of control at the moment and my safe person left...felt like I was dying. She sent me a meme yesterday that said choose happiness. it had me feeling sad I guess.

Y'all are fabulous!

Melody P.
on 6/16/21 11:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Well the psychiatrist was rescheduled to August. I have a call into the nurse line about the Effexor. I'm hoping I get a call back soon. I'm a tad bit freaked out!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/16/21 4:00 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday! JB, I hope things go well for your mom and you're able to take care of anything you need to. I think your attitude is spot on, control what you can and let everything else go.

QOTD - I decided as a child to be a positive person and I am firmly one of those annoyingly optimistic individuals (see my screen name, lol). I also have very strong opinions for myself that if I'm not willing to do the work to change something, then I won't waste any energy complaining about it - it's not necessarily an optimist/pessimist trait but it's a very useful one for controlling my responses -- it prevents dwelling.

EX - today I will either do trek 3 of Everest or I will give myself a rest break, undecided yet.

menu today

the customary coffee

greek seasoned chicken breasts

Sausage link

TBD on dinner

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 6/16/21 5:21 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I went ahead and Did trek 3. Arrived in Namche Bazaar. When 19 is the recovery resistance, you know it's all up hill, lol!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?