What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 6/19/21 2:48 am, edited 6/19/21 2:48 am - Amarillo, TX

/\ if only I could do that this weekend! LOL

It looks to be a busy one. Today we have a little running around to do about town. Then tomorrow the last hockey games of the season are happening! Yay! Except it?s supposed to be in the mid to upper 90?s tomorrow and it?s just going to be uncomfortable. BUT it?s the last games. It?ll take about two hours since the girls games are at the same time (we switch at half time).

my lower carb thing is going well. I went 2 over the 25 I set out to be below but I?m not going to beat myself up about it. Calorie wise it was decent. The egg roll in a bowl(made in my instant pot) was so good. Will be having more of that today. I?m down 3 pounds in two days! I?ll for sure take it.

QOTD: Do you know much or research any about your ancestry?

I was able to participate in a study with 23andMe and I got a full dna test for free. It had to do with mental health stuff. I had always been in to ancestry though. I love it! It?s weird though. I am linked to a certified Native American through DNA but it doesn?t show up on my dna ethnicity report. Of course it is rather far back in my lines so maybe a more comprehensive test would show it. Mine shows I?m 100% European. Mostly Scottish, Irish and English. I also have some Scandinavian and German/French. I love the mystery aspect of it.

B: JUST egg, chicken sausage 1 tbs shredded cheese and coffee

L: egg roll in a bowl

D: egg roll in a bowl?again lol

S: cheese sticks, bacon jerky or biltong

Have a great one everyone! Here is a picture of my Skippy Lou, she was begging for petting?which she of course got.

Melody P.
on 6/19/21 2:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Sorry about all the question marks...had to edit it and my iPad throws a fit!

catwoman7
on 6/19/21 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

it'll be a beautiful day today, so I'll be out biking (should probably go to the gym and do weights, too). Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, Monday and Tuesday are pretty busy, and Wednesday I have my COVID test in preparation for my surgery on Friday (and I'm supposed to isolate from the time I have the test until my surgery), and then, of course, I'll be stuck at home recovering from surgery, so today is my only chance to bike for awhile.

QOTD: I work on genealogy off and on. My father was really into it so I "inherited" all his records, and I've taken AncestryDNA, FamilyTreeDNA, and 23&Me. I've also uploaded my DNA into MyHeritage and GEDMatch. (btw - Melody - those ethnic percentages they give you aren't 100% accurate. They're ballpark. So I wouldn't rely on those 100%. They get those percentages by comparing your DNA to others who have taken the tests. So if some of your ancestral lines contain populations where not many have taken DNA tests, your % results from that particular country or population is going to be smaller than it probably is in reality. Another issue that can skew those percentages is diasporas. If a lot of your ancestry originated in one country but then a lot of them left for another, your percentage might reflect the "new" country, because that's where the current descendants live - not the country where your ancestors originally lived. The DNA match list they give you, though (where it lists your relatives - close and distant - who've taken the test) is pretty accurate, though. You DO share DNA with them, in most cases. But those ethnic percentages, no. They're just ballpark and are based on who else has taken the test. It could be that not many Native Americans have tested (i don't know this for sure - but just a guess given that the ethnic percentage they gave you doesn't include any Native American). BTW - you can upload your DNA from 23&Me into FamilyTreeDNA for free (if you want to use all the tools in FamilyTreeDNA, too, then you have to pay like $20 to unlock them, which allows you access to all the tools. But if you just want to see your match lists, then it's free to upload. If you're interested, go to FamllyTreeDNA - should be directions on there on how to upload data from other DNA testing companies).

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 6/20/21 5:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! Yes the estimates are really just guesstimates. My brother and mom took the ancestry DNA tests. It's really interesting. Some of our earliest ancestry populations in the US according to ancestry is in the Appalachian areas. I've found some family that's really interesting and then some who were totally freaky. They'd contact me then flake out. So strange people can be!

I've used that free one for my brother and mom...I tried with my data from 23andMe but they couldn't process it for some reason. I'll have to give it another try, thanks for the reminder!

Lisa91941
on 6/19/21 8:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! Busy and fun day today. Taking the littlest grand girl out for her summer vacation wardrobe. We have just 2.5 weeks before we go. Very excited about seeing my dad and his family and showing the kids Mystic, CT. Do they still have a Dell's lemonade I wonder? Tonight we are taking our daughter and son in law out to celebrate their birthdays. It's a steak house which is a perfect fit for the SIL, so I will probably have an app or something. Steak seems to be the one thing I really cannot tolerate since surgery. I want to see "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard" in the theater, and my local theater is running a special that if you buy tickets this weekend, the give you access for a free download of the original, The Hitman's Bodyguard. Thinking we might curl up tonight to watch that after we get home from dinner since it won't be a late night because of babysitters. Then maybe go to the new one tomorrow evening. Anyway, no planned exercise today -- just chasing the little monkey around stores and wrangling her in and out of clothes. That will probably require a nap before dinner tonight!

QoTD: My mom was very into genealogy. It was never my thing. My brother paid for the DNA test thing and we are like 95% western European and 5% Jewish. My mom was always very proud of that 5%, so it made us happy to see it show up in the DNA test.

Meals today are on the fly so I'm going to wing it and look for low carb options.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

GracielaSusana
on 6/19/21 5:25 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Qotd. I am not into ancestry, no need to be as family members are. My mother was into safe guarding ancient family photos, many of them are even the tin types. I am 45% Scot, 20 % Scandinavian and the rest English Irish.

menu shakkes, last of the tomato soup, yogurt. One can of soup lasts 5 meals.

Next week I can have purée.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views