What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/23/21 1:03 am, edited 6/23/21 1:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

((I love Winnie the Pooh!! Food and friends are all you need to be happy--he has it all figured out.))

OMG you guys, yesterday was NUTS. What a wild day to come back to after a week off. It would be incredibly unprofessional for me to tell you any of the stories I want to tell you, but trust me that there was a lot of crazy crazy crazy employee stuff going on in my district yesterday. Whew. I will certainly never be bored in this job! On the plus side, it is already hump day! Thank god. One day back and I already need a weekend. Stat.

QOTD: Do you use public transportation? I used to take the train to work but I am too scared, now. I am fully vaxxed but I feel like the train is just a recipe for catching the variant because it is a crowded enclosed space... But I am going to miss my train time. I could get extra work done if I needed to, or sometimes if I was tired I would just zone out and play games on my phone. I used to take UBERs a lot for work a few years ago, but I had already stopped using them long before pandemic times, but that is another form of public-ish transportation that I don't see myself using again.

My food choices were MEH, I guess. Pretty typical to what I said my issues are in my QOTD yesterday. I stuck to the menu through the first three meals, skipped the 4th meal because I was too busy, and then when I got to dinner time I was too hungry and overwhelmed to cook, so I ended up just eating the last taco from my leftovers and called it a night. Ended calories under goal but carbs were much higher than I wanted.

I am going to try to make up for it today with a lower carb day today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/23/21 2:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! I hope that you're all well.

We were supposed to have a plumber out this morning but they "had" to reschedule to the 29th. So needless to say we can't do without a kitchen sink for a week. So we called someone else. They are coming this afternoon. Rather unimpressed with the original company. We won't use them again...that's for sure.

Not much planned for the day. Gotta get my carbs back down today. I had a smidge over 50 yesterday. My weight is up but that could be to a few factors. I'm exhausted and we have the kids today. The girls are in the gifted summer camp last week and this week. So we have to pick them up at noon. Then my brother picks em up at our house around 3ish. Hoping to get a walk in today...also a nap. You'd think as tired as I feel I'd be able to sleep better. But...pain is a powerful distraction from sleep lol.

QOTD: no...our options suck here. The buses don't even run in my neighborhood. No trains and barely any cabs.

B: JUST egg, 1 tbs blue cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before

L: lower carb frozen meal..chicken something and riced cauliflower

D: totally unsure of this one...

S: PB, roasted seaweed, cheese...oh and an extra cup of coffee or two...

wrkinprogress
on 6/23/21 5:58 am, edited 6/22/21 10:58 pm

Hoping you are able to get a nap in today. If you are anything like me, I notice my weight will be up a bit when I don't get enough sleep and once I catch up, it starts dropping again.

Melody P.
on 6/23/21 10:09 am, edited 6/23/21 3:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I've noticed it as well. I haven't slept well in over a year it feels!

Queen JB
on 6/23/21 1:41 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Oof, I hope the plumbers came today! That is really terrible customer service...

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/21 3:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy hump day!

I am going into the office today, first time since fall (I can't remember if it was September or October!). I am going in to be on that side of town and meet some friends for lunch but I will be in meetings from 7 to 4, except for lunch, and it's 45 minutes each way to drive.

QOTD - whenever I live somewhere it's possible, I rely on it heavily as long as it's convenient. I use it a lot traveling when it's an option, unless I'm in a walking friendly city. I have used LYFT/UBER during and since the pandemic because it's just one other person and drivers have been required to mask all along. I would have been very stressed if public transit was my only option and I had to go somewhere to work during all this though.

EX - I have worked out every day sometimes twice a day for most of the month, but I will do another Everest elliptical today. I am trying to get through all the Everest workouts by the 30th so I can get my magnet, clearly I am cookie motivated.

Menu

Coffee + half and half

PB Toast

Skyr

Chicken pot stickers at lunch

Italian beef

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

wrkinprogress
on 6/23/21 5:31 am

Wow @ working out everyday for a month! That's crazy dedication.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/21 4:15 pm, edited 6/23/21 9:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

only most of the month...and only because I want that Everest magnet, lol, but thank you!!

Jen

Queen JB
on 6/23/21 1:42 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope you had a great day in the office!

Did they make you wear pants? All day?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/21 4:13 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

ALL DAY, I had to wear them ALL DAY....there were only 3 other people there but it was good to get out and have lunch with a couple co workers.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics