What's on your Saturday menu?

catwoman7
on 6/26/21 4:58 am, edited 6/26/21 5:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

surgery went well yesterday, but I felt like crappola last night (when the meds they gave me during surgery started wearing off), all night long, and this morning. It's really more discomfort than pain, but OMG. I told myself after my last plastic surgery that I was never going through this again, but here I am... I'm sure I'll feel a lot better in a few days and will eventually be really glad I did it, but ugh - this is awful. The swelling and the burning - UGH! It's not pain so I've only taken one oxycodone and none of the Valium - not even sure I needed the oxycodone since it's not really pain. Ice packs help a little, though. I start up on the prednisone today (will take the first dose with breakfast), so maybe that will help with this swelling.

Anyway, sorry to vent. Nothing else going on here and there won't be until Monday when I go in to have the drains removed. And then Friday I have my first post-op with the surgeon. Nothing else at all on the agenda for at least a couple of weeks - so I'll have a lot of time to get caught up with my classes.

QOTD: if you had your life to live over again, what career would you go into? I think I'd go into some healthcare field (NOT a doctor since I wouldn't want the liability, but maybe nursing or some allied health field). I think it'd be really fun to work in a hospital - there's always something going on, and every day is different.

I can't exercise for at least two weeks (four weeks for anything intense), other than walk...but I'm not walking outside looking like this! So I'm going to have to keep to 1400 kcal tops for awhile. Ugh. But it should be do-able. It's a lot more than some of you can eat, so I should be glad for it...

Have a good Saturday, all!

Melody P.
on 6/26/21 5:25 am - Amarillo, TX

I was fixing to post too asking how you were doing! I'm glad it went well but sorry that you're experiencing such discomfort. Really hoping for a speedy recovery and that the prednisone helps with the swelling!

So yesterday was eventful. My brother and his family live next door to a church and the road is rather wide for a residential street. My SIL's SUV wa**** during the night yesterday. Not a little hit. It is totaled. It bent the rear part of the frame...you can tell just by looking at it. It happened around the same time we had a thunderstorm so no one noticed it. The person who hit it cleaned up their stuff and hauled ass out of there. They had jumped the curb(evident from the tire marks and likely wheel marks...might of lost a tire too) and went flying into the back of her Nissan. The very bottom of the bumper isn't dented in so it had to be a jacked up pickup with a brush guard. You can see pretty clearly that the vehicle who hit it lost their oil and there is radiator fluid leaked out on her back bumper under the damage. I just hope they ruined their vehicle(which is likely given the fluids). Likely a drunk or high person. We are all livid. Hopefully her neighbor who has ring caught something but it's doubtful. It was my SIL's late fathers car so it's rather upsetting for her. Then she put a tarp over it and some jack ass stole it off the damn SUV. The police wouldn't come out...only let her fill out a report so she'd have it for insurance...which they had liability only. My brother is beating himself up over not hearing it. Sigh...why do people suck so much?

QOTD: archeologist or history professor.

food is totally unplanned so who knows today's menu.

White Dove
on 6/26/21 7:47 am - Warren, OH

That is a horrible thing to have happen. I am so sorry that there are people like that in the world. I do believe that Karma catches up with them, but that won't help your brother now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/26/21 7:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that is so awful. I am so sorry to hear this happened - esp given the SUV had sentimental value. I had a car that was badly vandalized in a parking garage once. It would have cost more to fix it than the book value of the car, so I just had it junked and got a new(er) one. I loved that car, so I was sick about it.

MadisonRose
on 6/26/21 6:16 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Hope you guys are having a great start to the weekend. I am meeting my brother for brunch today and then tomorrow a friend for lunch. Other than that not much planned. I have lost 5 pounds of this regain thankfully. Several more to go to get to where I was.

QOTD: I'd probably finish nursing school. I quit and gave up one semester shy of graduating. I was burned out and switched majors to Psychology. Sometimes I still regret that decision. Sigh....you live and you learn.

B: coffee and then brunch later.....not sure where we are going???

L: I'll most likely still be full from brunch so something light. Protein shake or L&F Greek yogurt & fruit

D: leftover boneless skinless baked chicken breast & veggies

S: mango slices

I was going through old pictures on my phone and found this one of me pre surgery. I don't even remember taking it, but it has given me hope whenever I am feeling down about regains and stalls. Guess I just needed a reminder about how far I've come. The other picture is the most current of me at my weight now.....not where I want to be, but I'm working on the regain.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Lisa91941
on 6/26/21 6:59 am
RNY on 10/29/19

look at the sad face in the first picture, and the beaming face in the second! You have done wonderful. Embrace that effort and congratulate yourself. Then keep on working your plan. Good job, MadisonRose!

White Dove
on 6/26/21 7:53 am - Warren, OH

That is an amazing transformation. The bounceback regain stage was the hardest for me. My surgeon believed in losing 20 pounds under goal and then accepting that 20 would come back between 18 and 30 months after surgery. You look wonderful.

Lisa91941
on 6/26/21 7:12 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! UGH the dogs got us up before the crack of dawn. We are babysitting our granddogs and let me tell you nearly four hundreds pounds of dogs is a lot of fur and panting and shifting and trying to steal my bed space! I had a successful Friday both work wise and food wise. I did have 1 and a quarter glasses of wine, but had plenty of calories for them and slowly enjoyed them throughout the whole evening. And 6 teeny tiny Trader Joe's pb cups -- about 60 calories worth. Today is grocery shopping and organizing for 4th of July camp out and the dreaded shopping for a bathing suit. I'm still amazed, 20 months into this journey how much thought and time I put into food. I have food on the brain all the time. But not from hunger, from wanting to try to find more ways to feed myself well, and my husband in a way that he will also enjoy. I'm getting better at it for sure. But lists, lists, lists everywhere. And this weekend my lists have lots of treats on it since we will be with the whole family and this grandma wants to be able to have fun things for her babies. We are also going to make the canning jar shake and freeze ice cream that's all over social media for dessert on the 4th of July. I'm going to let my son show off his "guns" and do most the shaking. He's a fitness fiend, and he better not whine about shake, shake, shaking for 8 minutes! Also we are hosting happy hour on the patio for a different set of neighbors tonight. I have made some lemon iced tea and will have fun cheeses, fruit, crackers for them and need to find a hot component as these things run right through any decent dinner hour and I'll need to plan my dinner meal into it.

QoTD: I think a professional event planner. Or even a personal assistant to someone who has wayyyyy to much money and not enough time. I am very good at organizing and spending other people's money!

Menu; iffy, but aiming for:

B: P3 protein pack

L: out, so maybe Chipotle's chicken bowl, no rice. Love this and it's three meals worth for me

D: tbd, but some great cheese for sure.

Peace everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

cheapskate
on 6/27/21 5:12 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

We have made that ice cream and found putting a blender bottle ball in it helps with the shaking. We just leave it in and eat around it

White Dove
on 6/26/21 7:49 am - Warren, OH

I only had plastic surgery once and remember being pretty miserable the first week. That was the tummytuck.

Try to concentrate on how much happier you will be with your looks once this is over with. You should improve every day.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 309 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?