What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/30/21 1:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Gang! It's Hump Day! Half way to the weekend, and probably a long weekend for most of us? Today is the last day of our oppressive heat-wave, thankfully. It's been so miserable.

I made it through another incredibly long day yesterday, but it was actually sort of nice to work in the office because, first of all it was freeeeezing cold, haha, but also--even though I worked before I left for the office and when I came home, the commute actually gave me a little break to zone out and listen to murder podcasts. Is it weird that I listen to murder podcasts to relax? But really I do, haha.

Yesterday in the office was a success for me in every way, actually. I got a lot done that I couldn't have done from home and I also decided to be super intentional about food, so I actually ate EVERYTHING I packed. Whee! I know this is a low bar for self care, but it's where I am at. I have a week before we go back 5 days a week and I am a teeny bit looking forward to it for the structure and consistency.

QOTD: Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate? ALL THE DARK for me, please! The darker the better. In fact the idea of milk chocolate gives me RH just thinking about it now. And I have always disliked white chocolate. Yuck.

BTW, you may wonder why I am not posting with MFP anymore. I am still tracking but waiting until the end of the day. I was finding myself with some of that obsessive behavior again, where I was tracking my Marcos perfectly in the morning and if I didn't follow them exactly I was not being kind to myself. Now I am just adding what I ate at the end of the day, and trying to be more chill about it.

B: Protein Coffee & HB Egg

S: Greek Yogurt & Melon

L: Garden Veggie Soup & Salad with Grilled Chicken & Green Goddess Dressing

D: The Last Fish Taco!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/30/21 3:58 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning menu friends.

I've been up since 2:30 so it promises to be a LONG day. I've also got an appointment this morning at 9 with the pain management clinic. I'm going to finally ask about my left hip. It's been grinding and pops a lot and I think it may explain the rather high pain in that leg. It's most likely arthritis. Yay. LOL. It happens pretty much with every step...a small pop with a grinding sensation feeling. Even my mom hears it when there isn't a lot of other noise. If they'll listen is another thing. I'm going to get "pushy".

We also have the kids until 3. Hopefully a nap will get fit in there somewhere.

QOTD: Dark here as well! I used to like white with coconut only but that's even changed...even before WLS. Now it's like ewww. Milk is ok but I much prefer dark. World Market had these candied orange slices dipped in super dark chocolate...it was pure heaven! They were a Christmas item but I don't get them anymore. I also loved figs dipped in super dark chocolate but I don't get them at all anymore, talk about sugar overload!

B: JUST egg, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before

L: not sure yet

D: cabbage and cheese

S: yogurt, popcorn and ???

Emiepie
on 6/30/21 5:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the dr listens and helps!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 6/30/21 8:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I just got back and I have to get the hip X-rayed on Friday.

Teenie
on 6/30/21 6:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I hope your appointment goes well. Figs dipped in chocolate? Hmm My fig tree is Polluted with figs and Probable will be ready here at the end of July. I may need to get some dark chocolate and try to dip them. Were they fresh or dried figs?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 6/30/21 8:06 am - Amarillo, TX

They were dried. So the sugar would just about kill me now.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/30/21 10:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

you probably have all the fig recipes with your own fig tree (I am so jealous) but my favorite way, slice in half, wrap in a piece of prosciutto, Top with goat cheese and broil just till melts. HEAVEN.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 6/30/21 2:13 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I will be doing this since we make our own prosciutto. I do dates with stilton and wrapped in bacon. But this is my first year for figs so I will go for it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/30/21 3:23 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates are the

food of the gods

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/30/21 2:34 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Licking the screen...don't mind me.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18