diltiazem?

LittleMiss2013
on 7/8/21 10:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Anyone here use diltiazem after RNY? I was just prescribed diltiazem 120mg once a day and I think its time release. I know time release meds aren't the best but I have read some people take certain ones with success. Thanks A Bunch

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

lmfontana4
on 7/11/21 9:06 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I take it as needed for atrial fib. Verify with a pharmacist about your particular situation but mine has microbeads within the capsule that can be poured out and used that way. Again check with your pharmacist. If it is a pill you CAN NOT crush extended release.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

sweetpotato1959
on 7/21/21 1:23 pm

Little Miss2013,

If it is 24 hour med is time release.

You should monitor your blood pressure and heart rate/rhythm carefully for at least 3 weeks. watch for changes wanted or unwanted. Remember to get an accurate Blood pressure reading you need to be quiet and composed for minimum of 5 minutes.. during that relaxation time - suggest several deep and even breaths. i even put on the blood pressure cuff before i am fully settled and relaxed.

It has been several years since your RNY Your body should be adjusting..and be finished with the quick exit and much of the mal absorption , metabolic changes that come with new surgery..

My response is related to my absorption changes...ongoing since a few years post op.Since you are years out , should be ok.. I would speak to my pharmacist if i was concerned about it. He would probably have the best judgement of total situation.

My surgery will soon be 25 years.. done in 96. My body is still adjusting. I can eat more foods than i could eat 3 years ago. the one that makes most difference is scant amounts of regular mayo.I eat it rarely and very light, but means i don't have to purchase on for me and one for other members of family.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 275 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics