What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/19/21 1:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hmm, maybe why this is why I am sick.. too much queso and not enough sanitizer? Sounds like me, haha... I do feel a little better than I did last week but on Sunday morning I was in the shower and noticed a really big bulge on my neck. I looked in the mirror and YIKES-- it is a huge, huge lump. Like really noticeable. I am sure it must be a lymph node, but I can't go to work looking like this. Plus Dr Google gives it about a 30% chance of being cancer, so I am calling out sick (AGAIN!) and making an appointment with my PCP when they open today. I'm sure I am fine, but I just can't go in with a really noticeable ailment without being able to say I checked it out.

The rest of the weekend was really low key. In an effort to recover, I laid around a lot and binge-watched more tv in the last 2 days than I had seen in months. We loved Sweet Tooth on Netflix. Highly recommend if you are looking for something interesting and very relatable, even though it is a post apocalyptic sci-fi. Very bingeable!

QOTD: Inspired by PartlyPollyanna who is learning photography with the 10,000 hours of deliberate practice, theory.... What thing would you be willing to put in 10,000 hours to master? I would love to put that amount of time into doing more handmade book making, specifically making folded pop up books with handmade paste paper. If I was not a WLS patient, I would also like to put that amount of time into cookie decorating, but I am pretty sure I would eventually eat my body weight in frosting, so that can only be an occasional hobby, lol.

I weighed in on Sunday and was down another pound. It still feels like the slowest weight loss on the planet, because I swear I have barely eaten at all in 2 weeks, and I am only down 1.5lbs??? But okay... slow and steady can win this race. Whatever.

Food today? Well, its so hard to plan when I have no idea when I will be at the doctor, and whether I will be cleared to go to work. But let's say...

B: Protein Coffee & 1 Costco Egg bite

L: Light & Fit Yogurt

S: Greenridge Farm Beef Snack Stick

D: Chicken & Veggie Kabob

PS - I finally made the buffalo cauliflower!!!! Meh. My own recipe is 1000% better than the Costco stuff, so I ended up throwing half of it out.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/19/21 2:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone...was really hoping you'd be sooo much better JB but I'm glad you're seeing your PCP.

We'll be having the kids all day today and most likely at least four times this week if not all five day. The weather is supposed to be cooler than usual. Found out they are going to Yellowstone next year and I'm insanely jealous. I want to go back so badly. I wouldn't survive the car ride at this point. Just alllllll the bad feelings. They brought us home some large rocks from New Mexico. Her family has a cabin near silver city. Well it's the closest city. It's private property so they are not contraband rocks lol. They also found tons of pottery shards. They left those but I saw the pics. So nifty...some even had paint on them. Their place is near some cliff dwellings so they are definitely Native American. The shards are everywhere down there apparently.

Pain has been pretty bad the past few days. I'm not sleeping well and I'm overwhelmed. I at least got some creative time in and named a new pendant design. I named it Mora which in Spanish means blackberry. My late best friend had a running joke. Her last name was Berry and she was African American...and always called herself a blackberry. I miss her a lot. This is my way to honor her. I was able to recreate the original but decided to not make a tutorial. It's pretty complicated and I know people would gripe about it being so.

QOTD: silversmithing...if I had all the money in the world I'd be doing that. I've taken a few simple photography sessions so I'd like to work on that too. There really is so much I'd like to learn that it's hard to pick just one!

B: JUST egg, Gorgonzola, chicken sausage and coffee

L: slice of GF bread, slice of Swiss cheese, slice of turkey breast and quest chips

D: not sure on this one yet...we have the kids till late so it might just be a PP shake

S: raspberries, L&F yogurt and ???

ecm1109
on 7/19/21 5:57 am

That is so pretty, and a beautiful tribute to your friend.

Melody P.
on 7/19/21 10:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Sheila_H
on 7/19/21 7:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Melody, I really think you should sell your items on Etsy. Forget the tutorials. These are so pretty.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 7/19/21 10:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much!

I lack self confidence...to say the least. I am also partially afraid of success...if that makes sense.

I have sold the original one of these and I plan on sending another to a mutual friend of ours eventually.

I appreciate your kind words! I know I need to sell some prints of my photos...just yikes!

Queen JB
on 7/19/21 2:49 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Silversmithing would be an amazing hobby to master. I have spent time in a studio watching it done and its mesmerizing.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/21 4:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning JB and menu friends! JB, hope the gp gets you sorted quickly and you don't get too much grief for heading to the doctor -- we should WANT people to stay home when they are sick and to get well!

My weekend was good and busy with lots of fun. We played a game called telestrations - highly recommend for family friendly fun!

Busy week ahead starting with a hair appt this afternoon, I'm working 430 to 1130 on a time shift because I could only get in at noon today!

Qotd - photography is my main focus of learning. I also would be interesting in learning more about body mechanics - if I had all the time and money and didn't need to use any of the knowledge to make a living, I would go to massage school and Pilates training to understand how it all works!

menu today is

coffee plus half and half

pb toast

toppings from 2 slices of pizza

popcorn snack

Not sure if I will take a rest day today or not, depends on what time I get home from the hair appt. I know I won't get a workout in on Wednesday and Thursday due to work commitments so I should probably make sure I do today!

have a good day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 7/19/21 4:22 am

QOTD: Can you master shopping?? lol there are a lot of things i enjoy doing. And mastering sleeping would essentially be dying... sooo... I don't know

Saturday i ran errands got meat which i need to cook today. still feeling a little crappy from this cold bit so not going to the gym, maybe today. Sunday we had the first dog training at petsmart for Minnie. the 1 hour class ended up 2 and by the end she had had it... it was also crowded and a bit overwhelming for us and her - tons of barking etc. but besides the barking she did, she completed all the instructions by the trainer so she was quite good.

food plan:

b: maybe a shake with fiber one on top

coffee water

l:

d: homemade pizza, chicken, or shrimp, or turkey burgers- depends what DH wants and I cook

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Queen JB
on 7/19/21 2:52 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

"Can you master shopping?" ...asks our Master shopper. Haha--yeah I think you have proven that you can!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 414 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?