Whats on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/20/21 1:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Well guess what today is? My 6 year surgviversary! Time flies, doesn't it!? Ok so, I am not at my happiest weight, but I am sure not at my saddest! I can't even imagine how out of control my weight would be without this surgery and I am grateful for my health and my life every day! Thank you, RNY!

Speaking of health, I called my doctor when they opened yesterday and they could not take me for a week. A week! So I just hauled off and went to work and decided that I will just look like a freak. Whatever. It ended up being a good idea to go because a meeting I had with my underperformer was a lot more impactful in person than it would have been over zoom. I may be little but I can be 'big' when I need to be ;)

QOTD: Since I think I was kind of a scary boss yesterday... did you ever have a boss that really scared you? My very first job (at the age of 15) was working in a hot dog shaped Drive-Thru called Coney Express. My boss was this loud scary dude who was the franchise owner. He screamed his head off, regularly, but one day he got so mad that he threw a big boiling pot of hot dog water at us. I narrowly escaped some serious burns and my mom forced me to quit. Since then, I have worked for some real jerks (especially women--why are they so terrible?) but no one who scared me like he did!

Yesterday was a stressful day from start to finish. Between the doctor not seeing me, the tough meeting, and then ending the day with a weird fight with my mom over how to resize a picture for her to use on her Facebook profile... ugh, it took everything I had not to order out. But I didn't. On plan with just an extra serving of cheese and a Hard Seltzer.

Today's plan:

B: Protein Coffee & Jimmy Dean Turkey Egg Scramble

S: Greenridge Farm Beef Stick & HB Egg

L: Light & Fit Yogurt & Apple Slices

D: Chicken & Veggie Kebab

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/20/21 2:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Happy surgeriversery! BUT booo at the doctor not seeing you for a week. I really hope it settles down for you and that you feel better ASAP.

Well yesterday was just absolutely draining. We had the kids for 10 hours and it felt every bit of it! I love them...but sheez they can bicker a lot. They also got super hyper towards the end of the day. My SIL's mom should be coming back today but I doubt she'll watch em until at best Friday if even that. We'll have them today for at least 4 hours.

A person I've known for a while...long while...ordered two of those dragon head necklaces. I had the stuff to make em so I finished it yesterday. She ignored the invoice and my PM on FB...I can tell on PayPal that she viewed it. I'll give her a week to pay and then try to sell them to someone. I was kind of counting on that income. I've decided to sell some pieces once I can order more supplies for the Mora pendant. I'm so nervous about selling made items. I need to though. I have so much stuff that I've made over the years.

I've not been sleeping very well. By the end of the day yesterday my eyes felt like someone poured hot sand into my eyes.

QOTD: when I was a teenager I was a lot braver/stupid. My boss at the amusement park at my first job mind you, called me a ***** where I could hear and I walked off the job. Everyone was scared of him. I was a tad bit hot headed. He had been my brothers boss there too and my brother told me some stories I wish I had known before...ha ha ha.

B: JUST egg, Swiss cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before and a bit after

L: I'm thinking a PP shake and some raspberries

D: might do a stir fry or egg roll in a bowl in the instant pot

S: quest chips, peanut butter with an apple and a gold kiwi

have a wonderful day everyone!

Melody P.
on 7/20/21 6:39 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm such a nerd with chainmaille. I'm excited to get my new pendant to work in a different metal combo. The square rings in this is anodized aluminum and the silver colored rings are stainless steel. It's the last crystal I have in the size needed so they are kind of mishmash.

Sheila_H
on 7/20/21 7:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sell, sell, sell! And make sure you get paid!
Then you can make more.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 7/20/21 7:54 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Melody

where do you display your jewelry? I would love to look to see if there are any I would like to purchase. The ones you've shown us are awesome.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 7/21/21 1:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much! All I sell "officially" is tutorials but I do custom pieces if I'm able to. I do have a Facebook page....Mel's Chainmaille

I do plan on getting some pieces made to sell hopefully by mid august in myEtsy Store. Will be sure to mention when I get items listed!

KalesD
on 7/20/21 2:41 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning,

yesterday I did my first workout back at my local gym since surgery. First off, fabulous that the trainers didn't recognize me.. and secondly they offered if I wanted to come Back to my membership I could come back at my old rate.. which is fabulous AS I forgot how much I loved them and the classes.. last nights class was stability x strength.. so lots of lifting and one legged stuff - I did 110% better then I thought I would which left me on top of the moon. This morning I have rediscovered my lats and I'm a tad tender..

QOTD; my first boss as an x-ray tech.. she was awful. Everyone (myself included) waited until she was on holidays before submitting resignation letters so we wouldn't have to face her.

b: fairlife latte

s: 175g Greek yogurt, 7g PB and 50g blueberries

l: hard boiled egg, 1/2 pepper with 2 wedges laughing cow and a cheese string

s: tbd

d: Turkey sausage and salad

s: tbd probably won't be awake late enough

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Sheila_H
on 7/20/21 7:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love the soreness the day after a new workout. Like ooh, I hadn't used THOSE muscles.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 7/20/21 7:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Congratulations on the gym accomplishments. Your doing fantastic.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 7/20/21 3:01 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Very cool NSV at the gym! Yay!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 441 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?