Whats on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 7/20/21 6:24 am - Warren, OH

There was a lawyer in town who liked to hire young girls and scream at them. I remember one who told me that during her interview with him he said, "I tend to lose my temper and yell and I might even hit you. If you refuse this job, I will notify unemployment and you will lose your benefits."

She did refuse the job and fortunately found another right away.

I have never had a bad boss, but I am also assertive and did let them know that I did not need the job and could always find another one.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 7/20/21 6:43 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

My older son only has about another week left of work. It's amazing how fast that flew by. About a week of work, then him and Marilyn are going to Boston , then he's home a few days. The second week of August is our fishing trip and then he heads back to school.

I will miss him when he goes back, its been nice having two kids home.

We got the Nap Dress. DD is excited about it.

QOTD: I have been fairly fortunate to have mostly good bosses. I have had the same one for 23 years and our families vacation together.

Breakfast: sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Mahi Sandwich

Dinner: Hello Fresh

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 7/20/21 7:08 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow! That time did go by fast.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 7/20/21 6:51 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Back in the office today. There's an awful lot of new emails staring at me right now. I'm ignoring them for a hot few minutes. I stayed good on food choices yesterday and added a glass of wine. Must be the moon JB, my husband and I had a rip roaring fight yesterday and we rarely do that anymore. Today looks to be hot and long. Hope it actually flies by.

QoTD: I had a terrible boss named Sandra at my first office job. She was only scary in that she was a back stabbing, gossipy, mean girl woman who liked to make fun of people and embarrass them. Hey Sandra, thanks for teaching me everything NOT to be as boss, as a woman, as a human.

Menu: All left overs for breakfast and lunch this week. But the freezer door finally closes without a wrestling match!

B:feta cheese and chicken thigh

L: street taco and chicharrons

D: beef maple bourbon sausage, veggies

S: beef jerky

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 7/20/21 6:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

sorry to hear about the doctor's office, JB. I agree with Mary - I would have gone to urgent care as well. I hope everything turns out OK....

the retirement party I went to last night was really fun. I haven't seen any of those people since I retired three years ago, and several of the old gang (mostly all retired now) showed up as well. But, I blew it big time with eating - they had pizza and popcorn there and after at least an hour of admiring it from afar, I went for it. Crap. And then came home and dug into DH's ice cream (which oddly I never do - a carton of ice cream can sit in our freezer for a L-O-N-G time). I thought about picking up a pint of the Aldi's version of Halo Top to stick in there in case that urge ever hits me again, but then again, I almost never crave ice cream, so it's sort of stupid to have it on hand if it's something I doubt I'll even touch for the next six months. Plus I don't need the temptation. Anyway, I'm washing my hands of yesterday's awful splurge and I'm back on track today. I'd been thinking about going to a movie today, but now I won't - I don't want to be tempted by the popcorn and therefore blowing it again today.

QOTD: I've had a couple of bad bosses, but no one I was scared of, fortunately. That hot dog water incident is horrific. That guy has some major anger control issues!

B: plain skyr with an ataulfo mango, coffee with half & half

MS: iced latte with Fairlife and fake sweetener

L: chickpea/miso spread on 35-cal bread with tomato and cucumber slices - and maybe some cole slaw made with Asian-style dressing

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries, 1/2 protein muffin

D: salmon filet, small sweet potato with butter and Swerve brown "sugar"

have a great day, everyone!

Sheila_H
on 7/20/21 7:32 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Weirdest thing...you were in my dream last night. I was attending some sort of conference. Most of the seats were taken. I finally found a couple of empty seats and scooted in. You turned around and said the seat was taken by...you said the name and I recognized it as part of the menu thread but I can't remember now who it was. I said when the person comes I'll get up. You didn't seem happy. I woke up and the first thought was phew, she didn't come thank god I didn't move.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 7/20/21 9:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

LOL! Of course I would have let you sit there!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes dreams about people on this thread!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/20/21 8:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am reading a book called Yoke by Jessamyn Stanley - it's a book of essays about her experience with yoga and she talks a lot about the difference in "Americanized" yoga a d classical yoga. I thought you might like it, remembering your yoga trip!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/20/21 9:06 am, edited 7/20/21 2:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!! I'll look for that. Yes - I'd be interested in reading about the differences. Even in India, we had an American instructor. Her style is one that was started in this area by a guy who was a physical therapist and who is now working on a PhD in Kinesiology - so it's probably safer than some forms of US versions, but it's not classical yoga. I think a lot of the more athletic styles we have is probably not terribly close to classical yoga, either. Anyway, I'll look for that book. Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: our library has a few copies - I just placed a hold on it!

Sheila_H
on 7/20/21 7:21 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning menuers!

Happy surgiversary, JB! Time sure flies. Can't you go to some sort of urgent care and have the lump checked? Having to wait a whole week is unnerving. Your comment about being little but big made me laugh. I can just picture you in that meeting.

We still have the fog here almost every day. On Sun when we were driving back from San Francisco I noticed the temps were around 98 in San Jose area but by the time we got home it was 63. That was a difference of 35 degrees in about 30 miles. We will have this fog till around mid August.

QOTD: I am kind of an assertive person so I haven't had scary bosses. But I did have one woman boss who was too conniving for my taste. I understand office politics and alliances in a big company, but she would take all of it to another level. Never felt comfortable working for her, like I had to watch my back.

My meals yesterday (ADF)

• B: fast
  • L: coffee + premier protein
  • S: coffee + premier protein
  • D: tuna + hb egg
  • E: 5.5 miles jog

Happy taco tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?