What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/22/21 1:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning, gang! What's the haps? My week has just been nutty. Again, it would be so inappropriate for me to give any details on a public forum, but MAAAAAAN I see some crazy stuff in my job. HR is not a good job if you want to only believe the best about your fellow coworkers. All I can say is that people are shady AF when they think no one is looking...

I predict that today is going to be a very long day. I slept for about 1.5 hours when I first went to bed, but since then I have been tossing & turning, watching tv, and reading but not sleeping. No idea why! My cat took advantage and he insisted that I get up and feed him at 2:30am.

QOTD: Do you have a favorite pasta shape? I have been listening to a very entertaining but also surprisingly informative podcast series about a guy who is on a quest to find the perfect pasta shape that has three criteria:

• Sauceability: How readily sauce adheres to the shape
  • Forkability: How easy it is to get the shape on your fork and keep it there
  • Toothsinkability: How satisfying it is to sink your teeth into it

He claims that no pasta shape that is currently on the market does all three, so he is own an actual quest to create a new pasta shape. I'm completely enjoying this series and I realized that back in the day...my go-to pasta shape was either: bow-tie or fusilli. I am excited to hear from our resident Italian on this one, too!

Yesterday my honey surprised me with a pity-lobster roll for dinner!!! He is very very very good to me. The rest of the day was on plan!

Today..

B: Protein Coffee & Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Scramble

S: Greenridge Farm Beef Stick & Babybel cheese

L: Last night's Marinated Turkey Tips!

D: ??? I have lots of 'good for you' options but I'm tired just thinking about making dinner already and nothing sounds good to me yet this morning.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/22/21 1:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning JB and everyone.

I too have had a bad nights sleep. I should be used to it but alas I am not! LOL

I didn't get a long walk in yesterday but should be able to get a good one in today. Will try to walk around the ball parks twice after walking down to it. I know why it was so hard on me before...one direction is more uphill and that's really hard on my back and hips. So I'll be going the other way...it's still challenging but not as high impact.

yesterday our shower curtain rod decided to break whilst my mom wast taking a shower so I had to hold it up for her while she finished. So now my shoulder and neck are a little tender this morning. We had to run to Walmart to get a rod last evening. I hate Walmart beat of times but man was it full of Walmart folks. I literally saw someone's butt cheeks hanging out of what are called pants. Just eww....keep your ass to yourself!

We do have the kids today but it should be a short day. I'm non to pleased with my brother and SIL. I swear they are some of the daftest folks.

qotd: gemilli...even though no one else likes it in my household. I like the bite it has.

B: JUST egg, Swiss cheese, chicken sausage and coffee before

L: egg roll in a bowl

D: slice of toast, slice of turkey, Swiss cheese and quest chips

S: golden kiwi, mochi ball(yeah I know I shouldn't...I'll only have it if I walk two times around the park) and I may make a matcha latte

I had to share this meme...it made me cackle like a good witch.

Queen JB
on 7/22/21 1:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That meme is perfect :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/22/21 6:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I am with you on the butt cheeks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing hanging out on the streets of Miami Beach this spring (in bars and walking around, not just on the beach).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 7/22/21 6:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Right? It's like we all have one and I don't need to see theirs. I feel the same way about men who don't wear pants that won't show the top crack.

I guess I'm not a butt person! lol

White Dove
on 7/22/21 10:07 am - Warren, OH

Most of the butt crack guys measure their waist below their pot belly and are wearing pants that are too small to pull up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/22/21 2:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! We are close to the finish line of the week! Yay!

qotd: not really, I haven't been a big pasta eater ever. I did love buttered egg noodles but not sure that counts. Give me the sausage and meatballs in the sauce, though!

At dinner last night, I ended up having steak instead of salad but it came with the most delicious tomato - cut in half, topped with just blue cheese crumbles and broiled - it was amazing. Better than the steak!

posting yesterday's menu since hard to plan on this trip

chobani Greek yogurt

grapes ans cheddar cheese

protein bar

steak, asparagus and tomato

vodka tonic

have a great day

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 7/22/21 7:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm going to have to try that broiled blue cheese tomato!!!! YUM

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 7/22/21 4:44 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It was so good! How did the interview go?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

supershopper
on 7/22/21 4:24 am

Hi all

the scale decided to go up 3 pounds overnight so thats annoying.

QOTD: I would say penne or manicotti shells because you can put the sauce inside the little tube? OR lasagna noodles, my mom always made more than she needed and we would fight over the plain noodles like goblins... we would go to blows for those.

food will be the things i didn't eat the last few days because I've not been feeling the best.

B: coffee/egg whites, turkey sausage, low carb wrap

l: soup with veggies and chicken

d: turkey burger patty, chicken or personal pizza on flatbread

not sure of snacks

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views